Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thread for everybody cycling in September and October 2021.

Sharry xx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Starting ICSI at the beginning of September in Czech Republic.
First time to have fertility treatment, we have a male factor fertility issue.
Praying for happy news at the end.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi ladies!

This is my first time posting and first time doing ICSI due to male factor. Sounds like we are similar Sparkler2020! I've actually already started treatment as began end of August. I'm currently stimming. Had a really bad start as wasn't responding well to the meds - I have a borderline low AMH so they had to up the dosage. Gave us a stressful couple of days but on the second scan we suddenly saw lots of follicles and all progressing well! :) I'm potentially doing egg collection Wednesday. How is everyone?

Reactions: sparkler2020

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello

Yes similar situation. Today was day one for me of Gonal, strange feeling starting this for real after so long talking about best steps to take, am much more relaxed now the first day is done.
Will be having my scan on day 8, hope all will be well.
Amazing not long until your egg retrieval. U must be anxious and excited x

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sparkler2020- It feels surreal actually starting doesn't it?! I also felt far more relaxed after the first day. Good luck for your first scan! How are you feeling? I was on Benfola - don't know Gonal - I only really realised there are lots of different ones once I started reading up on it. I found stimming not too bad at first but the last few days my ovaries have been so painful. I had my last scan today. All looking good - there are some follies they want to give a chance to grow a bit more so egg collection will actually be Thursday now.

Yep I'm both anxious and excited! Mostly just want to get those eggs out my ovaries so I can be done with the pain.

It has all happened so fast though! I really thought it would take longer to do a cycle but I am doing a short one. I'm at ABC doing mild/natural IVF.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tryingformyfirst

Today was day 2 of injections I am on 250 units Gonal. I am not familiar with your med!
I feel fine so far and quite normal, not looking forward to pain if it’s coming my way.

I am now feeling anxious about the scan, I wish I was not, it is the not knowing what will be. I guess I feel this is on hold up until that moment as
we are travelling abroad for ICSI.

After trying for over two years, lockdown did not help kick start the process. We would take one step forward and many more back. Finally to be here and the long wait for Saturday.
Once we get the results we will get confirmation of what our next step is, but for us this will mean to book flights and the hotel.

I have been prescribed Cetrotide and Ovitrelle as well, not started yet.

We have male factor fertility issues and I pray ICSI works for us. I noted this is the same for you too, will you be having ICSI?

It’s one more day longer for you, do you know how many follicles you have?

Is your clinic in Harley Street?

Glad I have someone to talk to on here. Seem like it is just you and me x

·
Registered
21 Posts
sparkler2020

Yes I'm surprised this thread is so quiet! It was very active last month. I also have Cetrotide and Ovitrelle so that bits the same.

We are also doing ICSI. And also trying for 2 years. It is depressing that lockdown didn't help! I thought that as we'd have extra time to focus on it that our chances were better - sadly not the case. We spent a lot of time and energy trying to improve my husbands sperm. We have seen some improvement but it's not enough. He had a varricocele embolisation which defo showed good results 3 months on (we are on month 5 of that now) but it takes up to a year for full results and the doctor says even then it might be an improvement but not enough for natural.

For us doing IVF was quite sudden as all our focus was on trying naturally and improving my husbands sperm. It was only in the last couple of months we agreed to pursue IVF so we rushed through all the tests as when I went to the clinic even they said to not leave it 6 months as then it will be harder to get eggs. Maybe they are wrong but I don't want to take the risk and have this be a much more complicated situation.

So I actually have more follicles than expected - 17!! So I'm pretty thrilled as at a baseline scan it has ranged from 8 to 13 at best. Although due to our bad start a lot of these follicles are small... so I'm guessing they won't collect them. But then I don't know how it works. The clinic said they think they can get 6 good quality eggs based on my last scan and how many have grown. I know this clinic focusses more on quality than quantity.

My clinic is in Oxford although I will do egg collection in London at St Pauls with their sister clinic Create.

Fingers crossed for your scan! Glad you are not feeling unwell so far. I was also very anxious - it's best to keep busy I think and don't overthink things too much. I also tried to eat lots of protein - milk, nuts and keep my stomach and back warm (wearing a jumper) - no idea if this helps but makes me feel like I'm doing something.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tryingformyfirst

Reading your response really makes me think we are clearly in a similar situation. Thank god I found you on here it is nice and comforting to know we can speak about it.

My husband has exactly the same issue, we did try supplements etc but they only work so much and we knew this from the offset, we were told we would need assistance and ICSI being the way.
Lockdown did delay us too otherwise this would of started a year and half ago, I am sure it has ruined plans for so many people., but keeping positive here we are doing it now woohoo!

That is amazing news 6 eggies is great… so much pressure but it only takes ☝🏼 😉

I am back to work so that will keep me busy, my husband keeps telling me I need to take it easy as I’m not switching off and sitting down until bedtime.
I must learn to relax a little more!

Haha I am sure the keeping warm has been sweaty the last couple of days, with the beautiful weather.

On what day did you start getting pain?
Are you having just the one embryo implanted?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I started with pain on the 4th day I think. Everyone feels different though Im sure so dont worry if u feel fine. Yes I will be just transferring 1 as my clinic try to avoid multiple births. Are u transferring just 1 also?

Oh yes keeping warm has been sweaty haha. And I just read u should stay warm up until transfer then no heat after that. I really need to stop obsessively googling all this...

Im also keeping busy with work. I work from home which has made it a bit easier getting to appointments. I take my trigger shot tonight. Final injection!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Today was day 3 for me and am def feeling more pain, the body has to do what it does I guess.

We are hoping on transferring two all being well 🤲 I know their is a small percentage risk of multiples but I’m hoping it will give us more of a chance of at least one sticking.

You are right google is lethal but can’t be helped in this situation.

How exciting last one for you, good luck. Two more sleeps for you now…
All being well our big day will be next Thursday 🤞🏽

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Sparkler 2020! Thanks for the wishes. All went well. They got 6 eggs as predicted which I find reassuring as shows my clinic was right. Im very happy with that after our bad start. We are now waiting a call in the next 48 hours to see if we have any embryos. My husband also gave a better than usual sample. His motility is usually super low but it was 16% today with 1 million per ml so great for ICSI as there should be plenty to choose from.

Oh im sorry to hear about the pain... I guess it shows something is happening. It is horrible though... I ended up using a hot water bottle and taking paracetamol the last few days.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fantastic a better outcome than you expected regarding your husband, praying and fingers crossed for your six embryos.

How did you find the procedure it self?
My pain is really mild which is a relief, I am mainly bloated and have a lack of appetite. Just waiting for Saturday and hope we have a good amount of follicles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Sparkler

So this has been rough! Out of the 6 eggs 1 wasnt mature and then only 1 fertilised! We must have some kind of extra issue as fertilisation should be 80% After some research we have decided next round we will try ICSI with AOA. It's looking like DH's sperm dont have enough of the chemical to fertilise or maybe too many have round heads. We will get some tests done.

On a more positive note that 1 embryo has survived! We will be going ahead with transfer at 12 tomorrow.

I actually found egg collection easy as I was sedated and fortunately fell straight asleep. Woke up after it was all done. How was your first scan?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tryingformyfirst

So happy to hear you have your transfer day tomorrow, how exciting.

Day 8 today had the scan and have 12 follicles in total, the predicted time line has now changed to two days earlier. I am now having retrieval done on Tuesday morning, can’t believe I am in this journey and am here already.
My implantation day will be Sunday hoping and praying.

·
Registered
21 Posts
12 follicles is great! And wow tuesday is fast. Not long now! Stimming must be going really well.

I had the transfer today. All went smoothly and was told it's grade 1 10 cells... which is best case scenario seen as we only have 1! Im hopeful.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes not far now at all, I seem to have got my head around it better today.

That is brilliant news and I am rooting for you, keep me posted.
I will let you know how Tuesday goes

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good luck tomorrow Sparkler!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi ladies, hope it’s ok that I join in on this thread.
I am a little bit behind you two, I’ve got my down reg scan tomorrow having been on buserelin.
This is our first round of ivf for our second child and have been trying for nearly 3 years now.
Our little boy was conceived naturally but again took over 2 years.
We have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility both times as all tests were ok 🤷‍♀️
Trying,I really hope your transfer is successful, and your egg collection goes well today Sparkler.
I’m already bricking it for my scan tomorrow so I can only imagine the nerves for collection and transfer!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello

Welcome JoeyC! Nice to have you join was beginning to feel like just myself and Tryingformyfirst.
Good luck with your scan and you can only keep positive and hope for the best.

Thank you Tryingformyfirst for your message of luck.
Out of my twelve follicles they only managed to retrieve one fertilised egg. The rest of the follicles were either slightly smaller or empty. I am so disappointed and upset, I don’t know why this is the result! It seems so unfair, am healthy so why. I just need to get my head around this morning. I know it can happen, but I am gutted.
I am going to be positive about this one egg and hope we get to transfer day, please god!

This process is not easy and what you imagine or think as a possible chance may not even be that, judging by my day.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts