Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome JoeyC! Good Luck with tomorrow's scan! I hope is goes well.

Oh no Sparkler I'm so sorry! I totally agree it's not as easy and straight forward as you imagine :( I've read that you should think of the 1st round as a 'trial' but it's frustrating! Do the doctors have any idea what happened? Good luck and I really hope your one egg fertilises and you can have a transfer!!

Reactions: sparkler2020

·
Registered
10 Posts
So sorry to hear this,keep your chin up though.
You could still get lucky with the one though right as long as it matures enough for transfer?
So many obstacles to get to transfer day isn’t there.
I think I am most worried about not getting a single egg but it seems even if you get loads there’s still the embryo phase to get through.
I think this whole process I’m just going to expect the unexpected as it seems things never ever pan out as you think they will.
It’s hard as you want to remain positive but then it’s a harder pill to swallow if you aren’t successful.
A trial is defo a good way of looking at the first cycle though, and will get you through a second if you need it.
I really wouldn’t beat yourself up sparkler about why because I think it really is just a game of luck which is totally out of anyone’s hands.
I really don’t think we are going to have the money to continue for another round so I feel like the pressure is on with this one.
Maybe we can push to FET but that all depends on whether or not you have any eggs to freeze 🤷‍♀️ Soo many ifs and buts, I don’t like it at all.
Scan went ok, so it’s bang on the stims for me tomorrow.
I am on Menapur and Ovaleap, plus I have to keep taking Buserelin but only a half dose.
Was quite looking forward to ditching that but oh well.
Can just tell I’m going to get in a muddle with it all, Thank god for hubby is all I can say.

·
Registered
32 Posts
TFMF

We are praying this one we have makes it to Implantation day, it was graded as a M2.
Really hoping we get this chance of success.

Doctors have said one ovary did not respond to stimulation, due to age and reserve levels. The other ovary had a cyst and prevented the flow of fluid, which is a random response to stimulation.

It is so upsetting and gets you down. Can’t help but reverting to googling it all which is not brilliant.
Have tried to remain positive and will continue to 🙏🏽

How are you feeling?

·
Registered
32 Posts
JoeyC

Glad your scan went well, hope the next phase goes well for you. Keep positive and know your doing your best and good luck with the medications.

Yes it only takes one so we are praying for that one to make it.
This process is not easy and hormones don’t help for sure, but we are doing it for the bigger picture to become a parent.

Stay positive what is the next step for you?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sparkler - I really hope your egg develops into an embryo for you and yes it only takes one 🤞

Did they mention earlier in your cycle that you were not responding well? I'm surprised there was nothing they could do sooner. My doctor told me on the first scan that I wasn't responding properly and then they upped my dose. I get the impression it's about finding the right dose of medication that works the best for you. I don't know much about cysts, maybe you can get that treated for the future?

Joey C - Glad your scan went well! I also felt overwhelmed with all the different medication and when to take it. It is a lot! Particularly as mine kept changing a bit. I think I got more used to it as it went on though but was happy to be done when I reached the end.

I'm tired of the 2 week wait now... I'm nearly at the half way point. I'm just trying to distract myself and not symptom spot... easier said than done.

·
Registered
32 Posts
TFMF
During my ultrasound internal and external the cyst looks like a follicle and can not be detected. It has only developed from the stimulating. Not something I had before as I had a ultrasound before starting stimulating and starting this process.

I do keep questing what went wrong… wish I knew more. I think they will talk to me about doing mini ivf the next time. Obv again googled it before I see them face to face.
Did you do a mini ivf cycle?

Keep praying for my one lol eggy to make it for me… come on 💗

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sparkler

Come on eggy!

I did natural/mild IVF which might be similar to mini - it proved too mild for me as during my first scan it just looked like a normal baseline scan mostly. So next round I need to do something stronger from the start. But I know everyone is different. Try get as much advice from various doctors as you can.

Ah that sucks that the medication made you develop a cyst. Also an option is just completely switching meds. I will probably do that next time. We are going to go with a different clinic anyway due to my husbands sperm fertilisation problem so will be completely changing what we did.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sparkler,
Really hoping your eggy comes along this week.
Do they give you an update after a few days?
I have been chatting to someone who is now pregnant with only a few one egg making it to transfer day! She still can’t believe it but goes to show it does happen.
Cysts are quite common when you have been doing down reg but you didn’t do that did you?
I was praying there weren’t any at my scan as I’ve had one before but it was clear.
Small ones usually go away on their own but it’s a waiting game that you don’t want when you want to crack straight on with the next cycle.
Tfmf, 2ww is never good but I know when you have done ivf it must be so hard not to convince yourself you are pregnant.
Have you done any tests yet?
I know they would be practically pointless at this stage but I have no self control when it comes to testing! Id of probably done 3 tests by half way!!
I found out a week before I was due on when I was pregnant before so this won’t help me frantically peeing on sticks in a few weeks time!

·
Registered
26 Posts
JoeyC - oh no don't encourage me 😂 I thought I was bad for testing but I normally don't test until after the first week. I was waiting until the weekend. Now you mentioned you found out a week before it's super tempting! I'm not sure if I would know that early though as I think my sister didn't get a positive until way after her missed period. I don't have any tests right now so will have to go to town. My blood test is next friday so I thought if I test Saturday onwards that'd cover it. Even without doing IVF I'm always rubbish at waiting during the 2 weeks... always convince myself I could be pregnant!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey ladies

Sadly it is the end for us, our eggy did not make it. As you can imagine I am very sad but it totally out of my hands.
However we will try again as soon as we can, we are seeing the doctor tomorrow and hopefully that will be informative for us.

I will keep checking back to see how you are getting on. Wishing you both lots of luck and TFMF hope you get that big fat positive on test x

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sparkler - I am so sorry to hear this! That is so hard. I am so gutted for you. Take care of yourself and I hope the doctor's can come up with a better plan for round 2 x

Reactions: sparkler2020

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh really sorry to read this, gutted for you.
Hope you stay strong and focus on the next go.
Hopefully they can alter how they do things next time and learn from it.
just got to look at the first cycle as the warm up,pick yourself up and try again.
I can only imagine how hard that is, but a small part of me if preparing for it as know it’s always possible in this game.
Tfmf - get testing girl! first response, treat yourself for the weekend🤣
I’ve still got my positive pregnancy test from 6 years ago..it’s in my baby box and it was such a magical moment I can’t bear to part with it!
Bit gross i know!! I had to keep it as a memento after the 100s of negative tests.

·
Registered
26 Posts
JoeyC My clinic said that I shouldn't test too early as the trigger shot you get given contains HCG so if you test too early you can get a false positive. I'm pretty confused now and not sure whether to do it anyway and just keep in mind it might be false. I would totally keep it as a momento! Having not seen a positive pregnancy test ever I can imagine it would feel amazing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ah yeah I was told that as I did a trigger shot when I did an IUI in April.
That still didn’t stop me testing though I am a serious addict!!
The trigger was gone 5 days after for me,i waited until then to test (which nearly killed me!)
I had hoped to have a positive and then test it out until it disappeared but that didn’t happen.
Just why I wanted to torture myself I’m not sure!!
I just can’t stand the not knowing,I’m soo impatient.
I know that it’s different for everyone though and depends how quick your body breaks it down.
You won’t believe it when it happens,I had to go and get two other tests to make sure.
Will never forget hubby’s face when I told him,it was so good.
Do let me know when you test.I love a success story but am realising now that they don’t always happen first time.
I really thought our IUI would work first time and was cross with myself after for being so sure.
I refuse to be so sure with the ivf and am trying to be open minded as to what can happen.
I think the biggest worry for me is how we are going to continue financially if we have to do another cycle.
Decided we will cross that bridge when we come to it but it is a worry.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ahhh that is interesting that you only had it in your system for 5 days. I mean I hardly believe it will have worked. I just don't feel any different to usual. But then again the women in my family don't get pregnancy symptoms throughout their whole pregnancy. I tried asking my sister what to look for and she said she had no way of knowing. I really hope that it can happen! I am also very impatient... now I feel like I will test at the weekend after all. I like your idea that you test right at the start and wait for it to fade. Maybe something for next time (if there has to be one!) Yeah it's hard to stay grounded with ICSI - I move between thinking it will work to it won't work. It's probably best to just focus on one cycle at a time. Don't worry about the finances for the next just yet!

·
Registered
10 Posts
5 days is very soon for the tigger to be gone I think. I was fully expecting a positive still when I tested and of course I was even more gutted when it wasn’t there.
The clinic told us to wait for two weeks to test to be sure it had gone but I knew right away I wasn’t having that!The only thing I remember having before I tested when I was pregnant before was sore boobs!
That was literally the only symptom I had throughout the whole early pregnancy.
This is why i convince myself I’m pregnant most months because I tend to get it right before my period anyway.
If you test and it’s negative you know there’s always a chance your trigger has gone but your hcg levels haven’t gone up enough to be picked up on the test.
I guess it’s best to just wait until they say but it’s not easy not knowing is it.
Yes I’m sure we will sort something with the money side of it.
Someone said to me that the best advice for ivf is expect the unexpected and to take one day at a time and I think that’s pretty wise advice.
It’s stil hard to follow at times 🤦‍♀️

·
Registered
26 Posts
So I tested... but I dunno what to think to be honest. I have a faint 2nd line. My husband denied it existed but now says he can see it but still doesn't think it means anything. It could be that HCG is still in my system so I guess I just keep testing for the next few days. Just read online 10 days after trigger (where I'm at) can be a good time to test though... so fingers crossed. I'm kinda scared that tomorrow there is no 2nd line now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Where are you at in your cycle JoeyC? How is it going?

·
Registered
10 Posts
A faint line is definitely better than no line at all. I literally had not a sniff of a line at 5 days past trigger so I knew the game was up.
Did you use a first response test?
no way of knowing if that’s the trigger hcg, all you can do is hope that if you test again in a couple of days it will be darker and not gone.
10 days past trigger is quite late for it still to be showing though so I’d defo take it as a good sign and your defo not out yet.
So I am 3 days into my stim phase now and it’s going ok.
I’ve had pretty bad headaches at times and I’ve had a period for over a week now.
Mine usually last about 3-4 days and it went away but came right back when I started stims.
I’m going to check with the clinic on Monday that that’s ok.
Im so tempted to google it but I know that I will freak myself out as I always do so I'm resisting the urge.
Finding doing the jabs ok tbh, just plodding away and getting on with it.
Bit concerned I seem to be on quite high doses,not sure why that is.
I took clomid for IUI and second cycle was cancelled due to too many follicles so im hoping that doesn’t happen again.
Our new clinic do know about this so I trust they have taken it into consideration.
Bit weird they have kept me on buserelin which I thought was only for down reg, going to ask why that is too.
I don’t like to keep asking as seems like I don’t trust them but I’m such a worrier at times.
Im really trying to relax but finding it hard.
I miss my wine, coffee and chocolate.
I gave so much up to lose a stone for ivf..been really trying to eat healthy and exercise every day.
Feel like if I do everything I can and we don’t get lucky I will feel like I’ve done everything I can to help.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts