Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

Registered
I used a boots test as I heard those are quite sensitive. Yep will just test again in a couple of days. I guess at least I will know for next time when I can test from. Obv holding out hope it isn't from the trigger!

Yes defo don't google anything - best to just check with the clinic. Everyone is an individual so what applies to one person might not apply to you anyway. I wouldn't worry about asking your clinic lots of questions! I think it's important to know why they have chosen to do certain things - plus ivf is expensive - you deserve to know! It's all a lot of pressure isn't it to get it right? I had a hard time during stims also as I was worrying a lot. But yeah just take it a day at a time and focus on what you need to do. I had my sister over for a few days to distract me which helped. So anything you can do to distract yourself for a bit!

Ah yes I also miss wine and still do! I was pretty good up until egg collection avoiding sugar but more recently caved and had a bit of chocolate and cake post transfer. I know I really shouldn't as my family has a history of diabetes during pregnancy and I know you need to try keep your blood sugar levels stable. I'm just a sugar addict. Well done on loosing a stone! That's really good and yes should up your chances 馃

Registered
JoeyC

Well done very being so determined and giving up all your yummies 馃い , I really hope you get a successful result this time.
When is your next scan?

Registered
TFMF

How exciting鈥 you must be feeling so overwhelmed wanting to know!
When will you get you recheck?

We are going to try again a mild ivf cycle in a couple of cycles times. Hopefully we will have more success. So I can stay on this thread 馃槀

Registered
TFMF
Boots tests are my second fave after Frers,I鈥檝e already got a box of 2 for a few weeks time 馃槀
I definitely feel a lot more pressure now stims have started.
I think it鈥檚 because I know collection is a major hurdle and it鈥檚 approaching fast.
That is typical me, worrying about the next thing as well as the task in hand 馃う鈥嶁檧锔
I think ivf is such a stressful thing to do through for us all a bit of cake or a coffee here and there won鈥檛 hurt.
Shame about the wine as think that鈥檚 defo a no go sadly!

Sparkler
Good to see you back on here and of course you should still stay.
I do miss my goodies but I felt I needed to lose the weight I put on when I did the IUI in April.
Clomid is the devil and I鈥檓 so relieved these stims haven鈥檛 made me feel like I did then because I was such a ***** I鈥檓 not even joking!!
The mood swings were unreal, how my hubby put up with me I don鈥檛 know.
So the first IUI failed and I started a second one, only to be told I was overstimulated and they needed to cancel.
Apparantly I had too many follicles over the line to proceed as they wouldn鈥檛 risk multiples.
The clinic were supposed to contact me to tell me what dose to switch to for the next cycle but I didn鈥檛 hear from them again!!
Can you believe they let a trainee do my IUI procedure and I didn鈥檛 even get asked if that was ok?
We didn鈥檛 think they were good at all so we binned them off and found another clinic to proceed with the ivf.
Such a lot of time and money wasted there but hey ho!
New clinic are bang on with everything,just how it should be.
Whereabouts do you ladies live?

Registered
Crikey, this is a quiet month... I'm just signed up for my FET of the final own egg embryo next month, 3 months down regulation prior to transfer with no period, pelvic MRI in a fortnight and then good to go so long as nothing worse than the last one comes up. Secondary infertility Male and female factor these days compounded with being geriatric... 5 full stim cycles of IVF 2 septic miscarriages from these 5 rounds (8 miscarriages in total).

Registered
Hi ladies

JoeyC
What are your meds they have you on? Are you saying your cycle was stopped because the risk of multiples.
As for the trainee scenario, did you pursue it with the clinic.

I live in Hampshire, what about yourself?

The last few days for me have been a blur & very difficult, nothing prepares you for this. Maybe I was naive or trying to keep upbeat and positive as it should be.
This was my first cycle and I in myself am fine healthy just turned 38, our fertility issue is male. No problem we have ICSI woohoo! I have a regular cycle, don鈥檛 drink or smoke etc, this is going to be straightforward I thought.

Scans on nhs and multiple private in Uk revealed I have a fibroid but nothing of concern.
I went for a scan pre stims, stated the meds GonalF 250 then Cetrotide & Ovitrelle.
As you know I had 12 follicles which I was happy with, seems retrieval day was moved two days sooner as eggies are ready.
I know some follicles are smaller and no good but from the good ones only one egg retrieved. This was crushing as I read up and watched other people鈥檚 stories and knew more eggs more chance.

I was told the rest of my follicles had fluid and were empty, turns out I have low egg reserve in one ovary and the other from stimulation produced cysts in my ovaries which affected the condition of other follicles. Additionally my fibroid is a cluster of fibroids that are pushing my uterus to be misshaped.
My one egg was a M2, described as excellent so I kept hope knowing and thinking it takes just one. Sadly on day 2 the egg did not make it, i felt devastated. All this sadness came over me, it鈥檚 very hard to process the loss of your egg and suddenly in the clinic abroad them telling you the actual true state of my fertility.
I was still in bed recovering from retrieval day which needed bed rest but I was in discomfort. On top of that, on the day of egg retrieval that evening I started medication called utrogestan to be taken twice a day. The medication, day by day has worsened my level of symptoms, my doctor told me this affects some women in this way.
It has wiped me out, made me weak and unstable on my feet, bloated, worse of all causing disorientation with slurred and stuttering speech. I have to continue these for a few more days then my period will start.

My husband and I had a meeting with the doctor and he rescanned me to make sure I was cysts free and discuss what is going on and the next steps. My egg quality is a factor, plus my uterus could mean a unsuccessful pregnancy leading in miscarriage. He advised we try a mild ivf cycle which would produce fewer follicle (upto 6) but more eggs retrieved.
Other things such as still needing ICSI but the Geri incubator which is alien to me鈥 any advice on this anyone?

I have repurchased my medicines for next time cheaper abroad and gives me a new focus, and have also decided to have a normal cycle before starting stims again.
I pray we are blessed with a healthy baby one I can carry and bring into this world.

If this does not work, the doctor suggested our options then maybe be donor egg and surrogacy. Which is just too overwhelming to process.

Registered
Crikey, this is a quiet month... I'm just signed up for my FET of the final own egg embryo next month, 3 months down regulation prior to transfer with no period, pelvic MRI in a fortnight and then good to go so long as nothing worse than the last one comes up. Secondary infertility Male and female factor these days compounded with being geriatric... 5 full stim cycles of IVF 2 septic miscarriages from these 5 rounds (8 miscarriages in total).

Your journey has been very difficult and a long one. I pray you have success this time around and get the baby you so want. X

Registered
Sparkler
I am on Buserelin (half dose since down reg scan) Ovaleap 225 and Menopur 75.
Ovritrelle trigger followed by Lubion and utrogestan.
First stim scan this Wed.
When my IUI was cancelled before I was on clomid but I had too many follicles that they classed as mature.
They told us it was their policy not to proceed as if all of those follies contained an egg we may end up with multiples.
We went home and tried ourselves anyway, not that we got lucky.
They were a terrible clinic all up,so much misinformation and miscommunication between staff.
They were supposed to contact me to go over how much to reduce the dose by for the next cycle and to this day we have never heard from them again!
As for the trainee thing, it was very hard to say no at the time when your right in position for the procedure.
Very unfair to tell me at that point I thought.
I never bothered to tell them it was out of order after as we had already decided that we didn鈥檛 want to proceed with them for IVF.
I am in Essex 馃榿
It must be hard for you to stay upbeat right now.
There鈥檚 such a fine line with being positive and then fully expecting it to happen isn鈥檛 there.
I鈥檓 really trying not to get my hopes up too much at the moment.
I remember being told I had loads of follicles before but who knows if any of them have an egg inside right?
I鈥檓 bracing myself for that potential outcome already. Won鈥檛 stop me feeling terrible if it does I know.
I鈥檓 gutted to hear you had one good egg and it didn鈥檛 make it,its so frustrating as you are healthy and doing all of the right things.
The symptoms on the utrogestan sound awful, I will be taking that.
They are pessaries right?
I had cyclogest before and they were pretty grim.
I have put all my future meds away until I need them so haven鈥檛 really looked. I didn鈥檛 want to think about it all at once.
I didn鈥檛 realise you could purchase meds abroad?
Our clinic just ordered it all from stork for us, it cost 拢1800 which I thought was way over the top!!
I think you are wise having bit of a break in between to give your body a rest.
I鈥檓 sure you will get there in the end, I鈥檓 praying you get what you want.
I honestly never thought it would happen for us but it did, and hopefully will again as our little boy is desperate for a sibling.
(A girl isn鈥檛 acceptable apparantly!) 馃う鈥嶁檧锔
I鈥檓 not fussy at all, just want a result after the time, effort & money put into it.
I wouldn鈥檛 try to think about the donor/surrogate thing yet until your over this cycle a bit more.
I wanted to donate my eggs so badly to help someone else but they wouldn鈥檛 let me as said I was too old! (I鈥檓 36, and they said their policy was that you had to be under 35)
Such a shame.
Is you AMH low or is the issue just the egg quality?
Mine was 16, they said that was pretty good but again does that mean I could still have lots of follicles that don鈥檛 contain eggs?
I鈥檓 not really sure how it all works tbh.
Best to just focus on getting better at the moment and picking yourself up for the next go.
Hopefully you can talk to your partner how you are feeling?
Keep your chin up xx

Registered
Blodyn
You sound like you have had some journey there and must be an expert in it all by now.
So sorry for your losses, I can鈥檛 imagine how hard that must be to keep picking yourself up time and time again.
Really hope you get there with your last egg, wishing you luck.
How long have you been ttc?

Registered
You have to have a positive outlook, everyone鈥檚 experience is different, the side effects and experience.

Yes tough not knowing if you have the mature egg in the follicle but you must keep positive and and hope and I am sure you will have the success you so want. We just have to keep strong and be determined and have hope.

I ordered my initial meds from fertility2u they were great and cheaper than most places.
I went abroad for my ivf and purchased meds for second cycle as cheaper. I got the prescription from the clinic so made sense as I know I want to try again soon. Ordering from abroad whilst here is expensive due to packaging of refrigerated meds.
The NHS in my area don鈥檛 offer me any cycles annoyingly but did my initial tests, but ended doing private ones too as the clinic needed those post lockdown.
Financially it made sense to go abroad for us plus they seem to have been so much more thorough and I hoped for a two embryo transfer to up my chances of one sticking atleast.

Egg quality lower because of age and AMH 8.4 I think. It鈥檚 crazy to think donor eggs are only accepted from women of the age of 22-24 max at the clinic, I now get it.
Wish I was wiser when younger and knew more back then, I just feel at that age your so young finding your feet in life.

The Utrogestan i am taking 400mg morning and 400mg evening, taken with water on empty stomach. I think I am a unlucky person who has the severe side affects.

Thank you for your kind wishes, I hope you get your healthy baby and your son I am sure will adapt and be happy in the end.
Your bad experience is behind you and now you seem content and on this exciting new journey once again.

Yes I need a break and hubby has been brilliant, it鈥檚 a us journey and we will with love, prays, support and continue keeping hope get through this to our end goal of having our own little creation of baby to love and adore.

I send baby dust to you all for 2022 babies yay!!! X

Registered
TFMF how are you feeling? How is daily life going waiting in anticipation. What date do you get a confirmation.
Praying for you x

Registered
Sparkler - I'm so sorry you've had such a bad reaction to the meds and such a bad time of it overall! I feel for you and really wish I had advice to give. I think you are right in saying that once you are feeling better and have a clearer head you will be able to focus on next steps and the new cycle. Don't think about donor eggs just yet. I think doctors are often very fast to suggest that. It's certainly worth trying another cycle and a different approach as you may respond totally differently.

I'm alright thanks! Just nervously awaiting my blood test. It's on Friday so a few more days to go. It really feels like the longest time. Thank you for thinking of me. I have done another test since and the 2nd line does appear to be getting darker so 馃 馃馃 I keep being told by everyone to not get my hopes up though...

Blodyn76 Welcome! Thanks for making it less quiet. Good luck starting down regs and your FET. It sounds like it has been a long journey for you - you are very strong and resilient to keep going - it must have been so hard! I hope this time you will get your baby.

Baby dust to all 鉁

Registered
Me 44, DP 42, TTC 2013, 2 MCs, 2 failed IVF, currently donor egg IVF
Hi ladies. I had my donor egg transfered yesterday at day6. Another 6 had been frozen today. Fingers crossed as my cycle been cancelled twice already, doing this since April. Gotta test next Friday. Good luck to you all!

Registered
Good luck gamrguk77! Also 6 frozen is very good going!

Reactions: gamrguk77

Registered
Good luck gamrguk77! Also 6 frozen is very good going!
Oh, thank you! I purchased 6, then when they called me on thawing day, the embryologist said I've got 8! She said sometimes they can't separate them when selling. I would've been happy with 3 make it to the freezer but 6 really surprised me. I would love to know the age of the donor, but I only have the basic information about her....

Registered
Hey all - I'm afraid it's not great news. I am pregnant but my HCG levels are low. I'm going in for another blood test on Wednesday but it's not look too promising 馃槱 It's a milestone that I'm pregnant just very bitter sweet as it doesn't look like it will end well.

Registered
Bitter sweet news.
Can they give you something to improve your HCG level?!

Registered
Not that I'm aware to. I don't know much about HCG levels at all. I did read something about immune meds but I have no immune problems as far as I'm aware. It's more likely that there is a problem with the embryo and that's why the HCG is slow to build. As far as I understand it if my levels rise too slowly it's an indicator that something isn't quite right with the pregnancy. They suggested maybe there was a chance the implantation was late although I'm not sure about that as I tested positive a week ago unless that was the HCG from the trigger. I guess there could have been overlap.

Reactions: gamrguk77
41 - 60 of 79 Posts