Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
Me 44, DP 42, TTC 2013, 2 MCs, 2 failed IVF, currently donor egg IVF
39 Posts
You've said you'll have another blood test on Wednesday. So, could rise until? Don't give up just yet girl!
I don't know much about HCG level either. All I know is that the embryo release a hormon and it should start to rise drastically from the implantation day like hundreds to thousands within a day or two.
Let us know on Wednesday. 🙏❤🤞

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Gamrguk77 and Sparkler2020. I think my HCG is rising just a lot slower than expected but maybe that's normal for me... I don't know having never been pregnant before. My sister also had issues in early pregnancy at week 4/5 also (she was actually told she miscarried when she hadn't) so maybe I can just hope that in my family the pregnancy starts off a bit different to usual but everything is actually okay. I'm going to try hang in there and not give up hope.

·
Registered
38 Posts
TFMF keep us posted

How is everyone else getting on?

I am finally feeling like myself again after the medication. Not looking forward to starting this over again but I will very soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all - so to my surprise I just got my blood test back and my HCG levels have risen normally!! They doubled twice in the last 5 days. So now my clinic are saying it was late implantation and not slow rising HCG. The confusing part for me was getting a positive test result a week before but maybe that was the trigger shot. The only way this makes sense is there was an overlap between the trigger and the pregnancy. I did have light spotting a couple of days before my HCG levels were taken - I remember thinking it weird as I thought I was already pregnant and that far too late for implantation bleeding. So I'm going to try and ignore all the strangeness of how this started and can finally be officially pregnant. They are not going to run anymore tests and I will just have an early scan. So I'm going to try take a week off worrying now and just hope for the best!

I'm glad you are feeling more yourself now Sparkler! Best of luck for when you start your next cycle.

Reactions: gamrguk77

·
Registered
38 Posts
TFMF amazing so happy to hear your wonderful news confirmed.
Huge congratulations you are so lucky your first time to have success… enjoy your pregnancy and do keep in touch letting us know how you are getting on esp after your early scan.

I am starting over again on my next cycle this time on different meds.
I thought it was important to have a normal period in between especially after the side affects of Utrogestan I was really bad with it. Just as well as my period was heavier this time.

Excited to start again, and even more nervous this time. Will keep you updated. X

·
Registered
39 Posts
TFMF,

That's great news, I am so happy for you!
Try to relax now and practice some self care, mindfulness or yoga.
When is your test? 6-7weeks?

Sparkler,

It was a wise decision. I waited 45 days for my period to come after the second cancellation to start this cycle. It was hard, but hope will worth it at the end.

I had no implantation spotting. Since Monday I feel tiny pains, pulling stretching and yesterday had a strong headache. Very thirsty all the time aka weeing a lot ( sorry TMI).

My OTD is tomorrow morning. I'm not eager to do one today. More like wanna delay it. Don't know why I'm feeling this way. Please 🙏 for me guys. X

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Sparkler and gamrguk - I can hardly believe it! It's going to take time to sink in. And I know we were so lucky on the first round! I was so prepared for it to not work after only one egg fertilised... we'd picked out our next clinic. I think mindfulness or yoga is such a great suggestion.

Sparkler - I think having a period in-between is a great idea to makesure your body is in the best shape possible for going again. Also it would be so hard mentally to do another cycle straight away. I have no idea how other people manage it!

Good luck tomorrow Gamrguk I am crossing my fingers for you and you are in my thoughts!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey everyone.
Huge congrats TFMF, it’s lovely to catch up on see your good news!
Gamrguk I’m crossing my fingers fo another piece of good news today 🤞
Sparkler Good luck with your next cycle, so glad your having a break.
We are going to wait until new year if this cycle fails and we are lucky enough to get some embryos frozen.
So egg collection went well this week.
We had 8 eggs collected and 7 fertilised.
(1 wasn’t mature)
Just playing the waiting game until Saturday when they call us for an update.
Transfer should be Monday all being well.
Trying not to be too confident as realise anything can happen before transfer day.
Was pleased about how collection went though,I had great fun with the sedation 😂

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thank ladies for your wishes. But it's negative here....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im so sorry gamrguk - I can't imagine how you must be feeling. It's such a rollercoaster of emotions. This process is so unfair. Take care of yourself over the next few days.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Gamruk I’m sorry about your news, I can only imagine how you must be feeling…
This is such a tough thing to go through, but I hope in days to come you will get your self together and go to forward planning your next steps.
Sending you love x

TFMF
When is your scan?
Amazing news again you are truly lucky.

JoeyC
Wow that’s fab you had 7 fertilised eggs, did they predict how many you would have?
Good luck for your call tomorrow, sending you happy positive vibes incl for Monday for a positive.
Are you having a single embryo transfer?

Btw one of you asked where about we live… no one answered 😂 (Hampshire here)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thank you all for the support about me waiting. Fortunately I am regular every 25-26 days, roll on cycle 2 soon.

Praying it will be my turn and I can start my journey to be a mummy x

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey everyone.
Huge congrats TFMF, it’s lovely to catch up on see your good news!
Gamrguk I’m crossing my fingers fo another piece of good news today 🤞
Sparkler Good luck with your next cycle, so glad your having a break.
We are going to wait until new year if this cycle fails and we are lucky enough to get some embryos frozen.
So egg collection went well this week.
We had 8 eggs collected and 7 fertilised.
(1 wasn’t mature)
Just playing the waiting game until Saturday when they call us for an update.
Transfer should be Monday all being well.
Trying not to be too confident as realise anything can happen before transfer day.
Was pleased about how collection went though,I had great fun with the sedation 😂
JoeyC,

That's amazing news!
Praying for you to get a good news today.
My donor eggs were fertilised on Wednesday, had 8, 7 started to develope. They called me on Saturday.
Said 3 are a bit slow but all doing well. Then they transferred the best looking one on Monday two weeks ago. The other 6 went to the freezer, 3 day4 and 3 day5 blastocysts.

Unfortunately my test day was yesterday and it's negative. But I can't wait to the next FET day.

Wishing you good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
JoeyC those are some great numbers of fertilised eggs! I hope your embryos are thriving. Have my fingers crossed for you!

Sparkler my scan is on the 18th so 2 weeks away! I'm just going to keep busy until then. Thank you I really can't believe we got that lucky!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey everyone, thought I would give you an update.
So out of our 8 eggs, 7 fertilised and 4 made it to day 5.
We used a grade A for transfer and managed to freeze a B and 2 Cs.
Got my first positive test 5dp5dt and again at 10 days.
Managed to keep it to myself until hubby’s birthday which was yesterday.
Was the best present ever for him and it was quite emotional as I wrapped up the test along with a little baby grow.
Now just waiting for scan which is 1st November and I’ll be 6w 3days.
Still very nervous and definately not fully relaxing just yet.
When I told the clinic they asked if I wanted to order all of the meds up until 10 weeks or just until the scan in case something is wrong!!
I didn’t have any idea I even had to stay on meds this long so a £650 bill and the thought of something happening definately took the jam out of my donut!!
Anyways great result, but as always there’s always a different concern isn’t there.
I just want to get off the meds and enjoy it but it seems like ages away at the moment.
TFMF, good luck on Monday for your scan.
I’m sure it will be fine, positive thinking!
I told the clinic I’ll have all the meds as I’m an optimist!! Also stork charge £52 simply for delivery each time so there was that as well.
Gameguk, so sorry you got a negative but it’s good that your focusing on moving forward with a FET, what stage are you at now?
Sparkler, how much of a break are you having before you start another cycle?

·
Registered
38 Posts
JoeyC congratulations amazing news! So special how you told your husband to for his birthday…
Ouch that is a sting but you do what you have to, what medication are you having to take?

That is great news you have eggs frozen too, a very successful and positive cycle 👏🏽 😀

I am starting my meds again this week, as you will see from my time stamp that I am wide awake in overdrive thinking and the nerves are kicking in.
This will be a milder ivf cycle so praying for this to work this time. Different medications too so am nervous how my body will react after the last unexpected way it went.

TFMF you must be so excited. Please keep us posted about your scan.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congratulations JoeyC - that's fantastic! What a great IVF round! Aww and that sounds like a really amazing way to reveal the news.

I'm afraid it's not great news from me. We had the scan today and the embryo is measuring a week behind. Which would be okay but the gestational sac is too small. When looking into it online it states an 80% chance of miscarriage if the sac is not more than 5mm bigger than the embryo (ours is only 2mm bigger). I've been asked to come do another scan in a week but been told to not be optimistic. To be honest there was something not quite right with the pregnancy from the start with the HCG levels so in a way I was partly expecting this. The only reason I'd felt lured into a false sense of security was the lack of bleeding or pain. I'm struggling to be positive on this one as you can tell! It's hard to be positive when I keep being told not to be by the doctors.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts