Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello everyone
We made it yayyyyy!!! I can not express in words the emotions when the doctor told us.
The build up to Monday was so worrying it’s like my heart was clenched tight and I could not breathe.
It is strange because those milestones are so stressful day 1, day 3 and the day 5 of embryo development. I am grateful my embryo made it, I honestly never thought it would happen with the one egg.
I had my mindset ready to think I am done, I can not go through this again. I was ready to look a egg donation and thought it’s my only way of having the child I long for.
The implantation did not go as we expected and it was extremely painful as my cervix decided to have no opening to allow the implantation.
I had no idea this was even a thing and don’t know why. But I was in pure fear as the doctor told me this news, I was thinking omg this transfer won’t happen. It did however with me taken to theatre and anesthetised.
I am now recovering from pain with a swollen belly, I don’t know how they do it but I have my embryo in me and I could not be more thankful.
I pray we get the happy news we want 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽
The clinic was amazing and the doctor was amazing, I went into this with male infertility and have learnt so much from them that infact I myself have issues that is an obstacle.

TFMF I pray you get your happy news in the new year. Hopefully it will take away some of this pain your are going through. I truly believe your time will happen.
I know how it feels to have the male infertility problems involved, I hope Dr Ramsay can help, I have read up on him in the past he seems to be the best person to help.
I don’t know how old you are, but don’t waste to much time waiting for sperm quality to improve.
Our clinic gave us results of my husbands sperm sample and ivf would be the only way for us. His morphology is not brill in sample test was 0% however has fluctuated in past to 3% at best (with supplements etc).

JoeyC how are you feeling? Is your scan Thursday if I am correct.
Are you choosing yourself to up your dose of utrogestan?
I am on the same 400mg twice a day.

gamruk77
Hope the meds are helping your lining.
You are right it is nice we all have one another to speak too.
It would be amazing for fertility appointments to be supported by employers, I have literally been taking holiday leave which is annoying but what other choice do I have. As you know I went abroad for my treatment.
I know you wanted information drop me pm and let me know what you would like to know… don’t want to bore everyone with my experience of abroad clinic. If I am correct everyone is having treatment here, wish it was more of a option for me but they just did not offer what I was getting from abroad.

Sending baby dust to everyone, it will be everyone’s time incl mine when it is meant to be.
Please keep me in your prays xxx

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sparkler - that's great news!!! Sorry you had such a difficult transfer! You must be so relieved to have your embryo on board.

Yes I certainly don't want to waste time waiting for sperm to improve - I'm 33 but have a low AMH for my age. We tried supplements and diet and waited the 3 months but that made no difference for us. My husband had a varicocele embolisation about 6 months ago and I was way too impatient to wait for that (it takes up to a year for full improvement). We have seen improvement as this time last year we had virtually 0 sperm so IVF may have not even been an option! Where as now he averages 5 million. Sperm is weird - in my husband's case I think it's a heat problem. During the summer his numbers drop a lot and then in the spring it picks up again. The main concern for me is the miscarriage as I was told during our ICSI that my husband's sperm was just too bad quality. So I worry now that there is a lot of damage that can't result in a healthy embryo. I do have hope though as I know my husband's sperm is generally just way better in the spring so we will have to freeze a load then. We will see if Ramsay can discover anything else to help us improve the quality. My husband saw Ramsay a week ago and had all the tests so now we will go back in 3 weeks and find out if there is any possible extra treatment.

Reactions: sparkler2020

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all, thanks for all your kind messages of luck but sadly we got told there was very little growth and no heartbeat yesterday 😢
It was weird as the clinic told us there as just an empty sac and no embryo,yet when we went to then hospital later that day they found the embryo no problem.
I just don’t think their scan equipment is very good which is a bit of a worry!
So I’ve got to go back to the hospital in a week for another scan before they will give me any kind of medical management.
Think this is to give my body time to get rid of all the progesterone.
They really tried to talk me out of surgical management which I had already decided I wanted just because it would be quick.
They said this didn’t the case at the moment due to Covid wait times and also having to isolate 4 days before/covid tests etc.
I really didn’t want to have to see anything but looks like that’s the way it’s going.
We are heartbroken but trying really hard to keep things normal for our little boy,it was his birthday this week.
I know we will get there in the end, we have three embryos frozen so that’s positive.
To be honest I am looking forward to a rest from all of this.
I am in awe of people that have been doing it for multi cycles and have experienced so much loss and still have the strength to get back up and try again.
It’s been exhausting both mentally and physically, and once this really **** part is done with I hope to just enjoy all the little things again that IVF has taken away…
Namely No anxiety, sex and wine!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
TFMF
I hope that the results come back with positivity and you get a new direction to move forward with.

JoeyC
I am so sorry, you must be devastated understandably.
Plus this week wait period to add, I hope your finding strength through your little boy.
It really is a blessing you have frozen embryos, hopefully the new year will bring good starts and you can try again.
I know I tried after failing on my second cycle, soon yes but I just had wasted so much time previously.

I am 5DPT today I am so anxious keep thinking will I feel anything. It’s so hard to tell as I am still in some pain from the invasiveness during sedation.
I have been reading up on other people’s stories and it is so confusing what I should maybe feeling or experiencing right now.
Plus when should I try a pregnancy test. This wait period is just … well you all know! X

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for replying.
Yes it is the worst feeling in the world I think.
Like gamrguk said it feels awful knowing it’s still there and out of sight really is out of mind.
I feel a bit like a ticking time bomb right now and just want it all gone.
Sparkler I tested 5dpt and got a positive, I say test.
You have nothing to lose. (Apart from possibly your mind if it’s negative and you have to wait longer which could be the case!)
I had pretty much no symptoms when I tested apart from really sore boobs..which I thought was the progesterone anyway.
TFMF
It’s good to read you will be trying again in the new year, do you have frozen embryos I can’t remember?
Did you send off the tissue for testing in the end,how do you go about that?
Trying to increase the sperm count sounds a good idea, have they said that was a possibility it had something to do with what went on?
I think if we do a frozen transfer we will consider the genetic testing just to make sure.It seems to be very expensive though 🙄
I’m not sure we could take having the same thing happen again.We had a grade A embryo transferred and it’s so hard to see what went wrong at the moment.
I don’t think we will ever know it’s just one of those things isn’t it.
im not convinced the grading means much if they aren’t tested because I know two people that had a grade A fail and succeeded with grade C frozens.
Only little comfort i can take at the moment is that this didn’t happen further along the line as the pain felt for that must be even worse.
Gamrguk
Good luck for your scan on the 15th,I admire your determination after so much bad news.
Did you ever have any testing done after your losses?

·
Registered
47 Posts
JoeyC

I am so sorry to hear of your loss! I know exactly how you feel and it really is the worst. It was the same for me that feeling of being a ticking time bomb and not being able to get the closure I needed. It really is cruel knowing your embryo is still inside you. I feel we both got incredibly unlucky - next time must be our time. I totally got what you mean by it's hard to imagine doing back to back cycles... I think going from ivf to pregnant to miscarriage is incredibly draining. It's good to take a break to recover both physically and mentally. You have a really great chance with those frozen embryos but take all the time you need.

I can't believe the hospital tried to put you off surgical management! It is the best choice out of a bunch of crappy options. Just don't let them give you those tablets.. I've heard terrible stories about them and people say they wouldn't wish them on their worst enemy. Do stand your ground on the surgical management - I've felt better since having it and have had minimal pain and bleeding. Also what nonsense about having to isolate before the covid test and long wait times. None of this applied to me. It was all very fast. I had my covid test on a saturday, isolated the weekend and had the surgical management on the Monday.

I don't have frozen embryos. We had a fertilisation problem during our round (it was a pretty disastrous round despite me getting pregnant!). Only 1 out of 6 of our eggs fertilised due to the sperm being bad quality. It's possible my husband doesn't have the chemical to fertilise the eggs. It means we need AOA where they add the chemical in. This is why I'm trying to choose a new clinic. Fortunately AOA is only £200 more - it's just the best clinic for this is UZ Gent (Belgium) and they have a bit of a wait list. We have a consultation booked with them in March and apparently after that it will go quite fast. I'm debating looking at London Care as I think they also do AOA just they have 50% fertilisation rates where as UZ Gent has more like 80%.

·
Registered
47 Posts
JoeyC - just realised I never answered all your questions! So in the end I wasn't able to get the embryo tested. It is normally done through the hospital but they will only do it if you have had 3 miscarriages in the past. I also feel like I can't take it all happening again and felt tempted by getting embryos tested in future. Our embryo was also grade 1 (we were told beyond perfect as it was 10 cells) so yes I think the grading can't detect chromosome abnormalities. Yes I think in our case the sperm sample my husband gave on the day was particularly bad... it was during a heat wave and heat always makes his sperm die. So I think we need to steer clear of cycling in the summer/end of the summer in future.

Sparkler - in terms of symptoms I actually had some tingling in my stomach that was maybe implantation. But this isn't a commonly known symptom so might just be me! Other than that I didn't have much of anything. It's just really hard to know I'm afraid. I have my fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hi laides can i please join, i had double embryo transfer on tuesday 9th nov This two week wait seems worse than any i have had before, time is going so slow. I have been naughty and already been testing bfn of course. I did think that i saw a shadow of a line this morning but think it was just an evap line.
Where is everyone at with their cycles?
Kez

Reactions: sparkler2020

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome Kez

Absolutely your welcome to join!
I had a failed cycle in September and have just had my second cycle. I had my 5day embryo transfer on Monday 8th November, just one day ahead of you.
I have not tested yet mainly from nerves and not wanting any false positives or the other way around.
My clinic advised 22nd November, I will be testing before them… it is such a long anxious wait.
Hope your shadow of a line is the happy news your waiting for…🤞🏽
Oh wow to embryos, amazing I wish we had been in that position. I felt it was doubling the chance if we could of, but praying for this to be it and be our blessing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
TFMF

It is strange as I have cramping, and as the days are going on my pain has eased off.
I knew I would have pain from the way my transfer was done, I mean I cried doing my pessaries the next 24hours after implantation. Ouch!

I have had no spotting or sore boobs… it really is the worst wait as you know.

TFMF have you had any clearer thoughts on when you will try again. Will you still go through NHS or private.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Joey C
Thanks I may test tomorrow.
I wish I had some feeling or sense of knowing a change but it’s hard to determine as my cramping is still present. I get the odd sharp twinges but connect that to my body healing again.

I did not realise AOI was a thing, it’s so much pressure. You must be on overdrive I would imagine, be gentle with yourself.

I really hope we all get our babies we so long for soon….

·
Registered
Me 44, DP 42, TTC 2013, 2 MCs, 2 failed IVF, currently donor egg IVF
71 Posts
Thanks for replying.
Yes it is the worst feeling in the world I think.
Like gamrguk said it feels awful knowing it’s still there and out of sight really is out of mind.
I feel a bit like a ticking time bomb right now and just want it all gone.
Sparkler I tested 5dpt and got a positive, I say test.
You have nothing to lose. (Apart from possibly your mind if it’s negative and you have to wait longer which could be the case!)
I had pretty much no symptoms when I tested apart from really sore boobs..which I thought was the progesterone anyway.
TFMF
It’s good to read you will be trying again in the new year, do you have frozen embryos I can’t remember?
Did you send off the tissue for testing in the end,how do you go about that?
Trying to increase the sperm count sounds a good idea, have they said that was a possibility it had something to do with what went on?
I think if we do a frozen transfer we will consider the genetic testing just to make sure.It seems to be very expensive though 🙄
I’m not sure we could take having the same thing happen again.We had a grade A embryo transferred and it’s so hard to see what went wrong at the moment.
I don’t think we will ever know it’s just one of those things isn’t it.
im not convinced the grading means much if they aren’t tested because I know two people that had a grade A fail and succeeded with grade C frozens.
Only little comfort i can take at the moment is that this didn’t happen further along the line as the pain felt for that must be even worse.
Gamrguk
Good luck for your scan on the 15th,I admire your determination after so much bad news.
Did you ever have any testing done after your losses?
Hey JoeyC,

Just to answer your question, yes I did have my second natural pregnancy loss tested. Normally they won't do it, I mean NHS, they only do it after 3 MCs, when they call it reoccurring MC. But my ex husband was so adamant and pushy, somehow achieved to get the baby remains tested. It came back as trisomy I think the chromosome 13, so basically abnormality. But it didn't help back then, I was still devastated. Later on of course, I understood it was for the best and loosing it earlier than later, also.
Get yourself a good rest physically and mentally, talk to someone, a friend or a councillor, it will get easier by time. Sending you hugs and kisses.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi laides can i please join, i had double embryo transfer on tuesday 9th nov This two week wait seems worse than any i have had before, time is going so slow. I have been naughty and already been testing bfn of course. I did think that i saw a shadow of a line this morning but think it was just an evap line.
Where is everyone at with their cycles?
Kez
Hiya Kezzywoo 👋
Welcome to the group.
Double trouble? Good luck, hope you'll get your rainbow baby or babies. May I ask what reason they transferred two embrios for you please? I did ask my private clinic and they didn't suggest it, not even the second time. I'm doing donor egg treatment and I know this time the donor's age is the relevant not mine but still. I'll push them to try two next time if I will need a third transfer- but fingers cross I won't need it.
Also, is your clinic in the UK or abroad?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Joey C
Thanks I may test tomorrow.
I wish I had some feeling or sense of knowing a change but it’s hard to determine as my cramping is still present. I get the odd sharp twinges but connect that to my body healing again.

I did not realise AOI was a thing, it’s so much pressure. You must be on overdrive I would imagine, be gentle with yourself.

I really hope we all get our babies we so long for soon….
Hey Sparkler,

I also had some tiny tingling last time after my transfer for a week. I thought it was a good sign. It was sometimes like a pull and stretch pain as well.
Then on the second week wait, something had changed. My boobs weren't sore that much anymore and there was no tingling...I was afraid to test early and face with the BFN so I did just in the right time. Hope I'll be lucky this time .
Let us know if you brave enough to do an early test 🤞🤞🤞

·
Registered
71 Posts
I tested this morning day 7 of transfer was negative. I really felt and was hoping for a faint line, it’s been on my mind all day.
yesterday I was feeling cramping etc and just felt different.

I’m hoping and praying it will change.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks to you all for your kind words and all the info.
I’m finding it really hard to make sense of it all at the moment and just feel so sad.
I guess this will pass after a while, I just need things finalised now as just feel we have been in constant limbo one way or another since transfer day!!
Just need someone to tell me something definite now, not sure how much more uncertainty I can take I can’t wait for a break!
Sparkler..that’s rough you got a negative.
Was really hoping you would get some good news..maybe you still will though as the embryo hasn’t implanted yet.
Early results only come for some people and others really do have to wait the amount of time the clinic advise.
Don’t give up just yet, your defo not out.
Welcome kezzywoo.. have you tested yet?

·
Registered
28 Posts
JoeyC

I am so sorry to hear of your loss! I know exactly how you feel and it really is the worst. It was the same for me that feeling of being a ticking time bomb and not being able to get the closure I needed. It really is cruel knowing your embryo is still inside you. I feel we both got incredibly unlucky - next time must be our time. I totally got what you mean by it's hard to imagine doing back to back cycles... I think going from ivf to pregnant to miscarriage is incredibly draining. It's good to take a break to recover both physically and mentally. You have a really great chance with those frozen embryos but take all the time you need.

I can't believe the hospital tried to put you off surgical management! It is the best choice out of a bunch of crappy options. Just don't let them give you those tablets.. I've heard terrible stories about them and people say they wouldn't wish them on their worst enemy. Do stand your ground on the surgical management - I've felt better since having it and have had minimal pain and bleeding. Also what nonsense about having to isolate before the covid test and long wait times. None of this applied to me. It was all very fast. I had my covid test on a saturday, isolated the weekend and had the surgical management on the Monday.

I don't have frozen embryos. We had a fertilisation problem during our round (it was a pretty disastrous round despite me getting pregnant!). Only 1 out of 6 of our eggs fertilised due to the sperm being bad quality. It's possible my husband doesn't have the chemical to fertilise the eggs. It means we need AOA where they add the chemical in. This is why I'm trying to choose a new clinic. Fortunately AOA is only £200 more - it's just the best clinic for this is UZ Gent (Belgium) and they have a bit of a wait list. We have a consultation booked with them in March and apparently after that it will go quite fast. I'm debating looking at London Care as I think they also do AOA just they have 50% fertilisation rates where as UZ Gent has more like 80%.
What are these pills you speak of?
The hospital said that if I go for second scan on Thursday and there’s been no bleeding they can give me a pessary to help speed things up,is this what you mean?
Ive had someone tell me that they had the pessary and it didn’t work so then had to have the surgery in the finish.
I might just see how long the wait is as I can’t stand it much longer…

·
Registered
47 Posts
JoeyC - I think the tablets are the same as the pessaries. There is an oral option also but both are to bring on the miscarriage quicker. It's supposed to be very painful and sometimes doesn't fully work. When I was deciding what to go with I read online a lot of people saying the tablets were awful so that really put me off. I'd hold out for the surgical management if you can. I guess they haven't given you an idea of when that'd be?

Sparkler - Don't count yourself out just yet! I really hope a second line shows up for you soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have spoken to a couple of people who have had the pessary and they both said the same..painful and didn’t work.
They wouldn’t give me any idea before as said I had to wait a week for second scan.
She was really trying to put me off as said slots are limited and have to isolate for 4 days before.
Only thing that’s troubling me is that some happy helper told me that it could leave scarring in the womb that could affect future transfers..this has scared me and is now stuck in my head.
Amongst other things..namely thinking that all my frozen embies are going to have something wrong with them.
Today hasn’t been a good day for me mentally,probably because I know Thursday is coming and I’ve got a feeling im going to get fobbed off.
Sparkler.. when are you testing again? Official test day of before?

101 - 120 of 143 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.