Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
JoeyC - I'm afraid there is no good option. Yes I know about the potential scaring too... although the odds are low of that happening. Plus the one person I know of that it happened to actually conceived just fine not long after. Even if you go for natural and decide to wait it out that can be painful and also go very wrong. My sister-in-law was in hospital with haemorrhaging when she had a natural missed miscarriage and it was absolutely awful. Basically the surgery is just the best out of a bad bunch of options.

I really hope they don't fob you off! That seems very unfair... I can't believe how differently you are being treated to how I was.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Also don't worry about your frozen embryos! You've already had one child - that's a sign that this was probably just a one off and one of those frozen is your baby! Miscarriages are sadly super common. 1 in 5. But that still means the odds are in your favour. I know exactly how you are feeling though. I was in the same head space as you a couple of weeks ago. It will get better. I promise you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi

I honestly am thinking of everyone, it is extremely tough but we are all in this to eventually get the end goal.
The trials and tests mentally and physically are so challenging.

I have not tested again, too nervous and scared to. My test date is the 22nd so will see if I get my period, trying not to look into it too much or stress.

In the meantime I know we are all at such different and difficult stages but i am sending you all support and love, so glad we have one another xxxx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Also don't worry about your frozen embryos! You've already had one child - that's a sign that this was probably just a one off and one of those frozen is your baby! Miscarriages are sadly super common. 1 in 5. But that still means the odds are in your favour. I know exactly how you are feeling though. I was in the same head space as you a couple of weeks ago. It will get better. I promise you.
Thanks for this.
I am sure things will get better in a few weeks but right now it’s very hard to imagine as you know.
Just got to give it some time as it really is the best healer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi

I have not been feeling great last few days with on and off nausea, vomiting, as well as some bleeding.
I started with implantation bleeding (brown coloured) then sadly it followed with red blood, it was a heavier flow and I was sure my period started. However it lasted only about 3 hours and then it all went to odd spotting of brown.
Nausea continues have not tested as my test date is next week, don’t want to be get a false positive. Very nervous and anxious my body is controlling my whole day with headache and lack of appetite and nausea.
Any advice please

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well my advice would be test again in the morning just simply because I’ve always got such an early positive.
I realise this advice isn’t great though..but it’s what I would do.
I realise I’m just not very sensible when it comes to testing.
In my opinion there is no such thing as a false positive..only a false negative at this stage. Is that what you meant?

The nausea sounds very promising though I have to say.. the bleeding not so much.
Could be a implantation bleed though..how many days post transfer are you 10?
Still totally possible for it to be a late implanter hence why negative 3 days ago.
Hang in there x

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes 10 days today.

I actually did not realise this before, but I was informed by my consultant that I may bleed from progesterone. I was clearly still in a state of coming around from sedation 😟
I feel more relieved I can not express the sense of relief after my day today.

Testing is so nerve racking after Sunday’s test. But you are right I want to do it with my husband and he is away. May hold on to the weekend.

The nausea is def strong and it’s taking over a fair bit. I keep biting on dry biscuits to help. Any suggestions or advice on this.

Joey C how are you doing? X

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Sparkler

Your symptoms do sound promising. I didn't really get implantation bleeding myself so can't help there. I just had a little spotting (only a couple of drops) and that was it. I didn't get nausea until I was 6/7 weeks. Plain biscuits are a good choice. I ended up buying those anti sickness travel bands in the end and that worked for me.

10 days is a good time to test though but I can understand you wanting to wait to do it with your husband. You really do have self-control! I couldn't have helped but have tested loads by now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all,
Well I was right about getting fobbed off.
I insisted I wanted the surgical management at the hospital today and was told it was a 2 week wait for a slot!!
Ended up going for the dreaded pills because I didn’t know what else to do and figured it was better than waiting all that time.
Currently in lots of pain and waiting for the bleeding to start.
Just hoping my cervix behaves itself as it didn’t play ball in labour and took 36 hours to dilate! Pretty close to rock bottom here right now so only way is up 😱
Really hoping for some good news at the weekend sparkler..no pressure!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello

I am sorry it ended with this, that would of been a long wait. If I could hug you I would, I can’t even imagine the despair and pain.
I would just say feel how you need to with your emotions, it’s important to talk and have a cry. I pray this passes soon for you, know we are here if you would like to have a moan or chat etc

I feel so weird talking about me when you are going through this right now.
I have had bleeding on and off and nausea is still very present, only thing helping is to keep nibbling a bite here and their of a cracker or biscuit.
After speaking to my clinic, I have not upped my dose of progesterone and I have a blood test at my gp tomorrow and another on Monday.
The gp was very good and arranged for me to come in immediately considering they have no records of my private treatment.

I am praying for good news am so nervous as you can imagine. I do feel like I am pregnant let’s hope it is what I am feeling.
I just hope the nausea does not remain for long.

Sending love to you all

·
Registered
28 Posts
Two weeks is such a long time and I just thought we may as well get the ball rolling.
It isn’t what I wanted but like trying said the options are all pretty crappy at the end of the day.
I figured if I’m lucky the pain wouldn’t be too bad and it might be nearly over before I even get a look in at surgery.
Worst case is I’ll still need it anyway but least I felt like I’ve done something today that’s going to help progress towards feeling better.
I think we are going to have some counselling as a couple after this, I am a tough cookie normally and can honestly say I’ve never felt so hurt.
I’ve never seen hubby so upset as he has been either and I don’t want a divorce on top of everything else. So hard to let all these emotions out as got to keep up appearances constantly for our little boy.
Don’t be silly, some good news will make me feel so much better and all you ladies deserve success probably more than I do as we already have a child.
Im so hopeful for you, if you feel pregnant then you likely are.
Sickness is the best sign you can get, your luck is in I think 🍀

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am hoping you get through this stronger on the other side, it is really unfair. I do hope you and your partner manage to get the help you need from seeing a councillor, it’s a rough ride and it will only help.
It is lovely you have a little boy, I am sure he makes your days brighter and makes you pick yourself up and carry on.

I hope I get good news but I don’t want to overthink it. I know the progesterone medication I am taking can give you these symptoms of nausea? Bloating, headache etc almost like your pregnant.
Who knows, but the blood test will confirm this for me.
I am so nervous slightly scared too of what will be the outcome.

·
Registered
47 Posts
JoeyC - I'm sorry to hear they wanted you to wait 2 weeks! I don't blame you for taking the tablets - I'd have probably done the same. How are you feeling now? I hope the worst of it has passed.

My husband also took this all really badly. I mostly guarded myself a lot as I knew from the beginning due to the blood tests that it wasn't looking promising where as my husband was always the optimistic one... it meant that he grieved a lot later than me. He is doing better now but we just take it day by day. It is all such a stress on a relationship!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sparkler.. good news please?
I’ve had an awful day.. literally everything came out today. Omg the pain and blood was unreal I had to call the epu to check it was normal and they said it was.
I had previously thought there hadn’t been enough following the meds on Thursday.
I’m now pretty confident it’s all gone and if it hasn’t then I might have a breakdown.

·
Registered
71 Posts
JoeyC
I’m so sorry 😞 it must of been awful. How are you feeling today?
Keep strong x

I did a home pregnancy test on test day and was negative, I have full on period and no more symptoms as I did in previous days.
waiting on blood test, no hope held.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m not too bad,went back to work last night and although I feel really drained it did keep my mind off of things.
I am praying that everything is clear on the scan on the 29th so that I can properly start healing both physically and mentally.
Fresh month, fresh start. That’s the plan anyway.
So sorry you got a negative Sparkler.
Was really hopeful for you..
What does the progesterone blood test mean,it’s normal for not being pregnant?
Is there no chance you can get a positive on a hcg blood but not a home test?
Stranger things have happened?
Keep your chin up..you never know until the dreaded words are spoken x

·
Registered
Me 44, DP 42, TTC 2013, 2 MCs, 2 failed IVF, currently donor egg IVF
71 Posts
JoeyC
I’m so sorry 😞 it must of been awful. How are you feeling today?
Keep strong x

I did a home pregnancy test on test day and was negative, I have full on period and no more symptoms as I did in previous days.
waiting on blood test, no hope held.
I'm so sorry Sparkler 🥺. I m thinking of you.
When I've got my negative in October, I didn't listened to what they said, to keep taking meds and do more tests. I knew it won't change the result, so what's the point to continue?! I was stubborn.
The feeling will pass, just as your period and the pain. It will get better with time and there's no rush. Look after yourself, treat your body as it went through a lot. Sending you hugs. X

121 - 140 of 143 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.