Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls
New home for all your dreams to come true  :) :)

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

September Stars

Down Regging Stars
sarahm68 (IVF) D/R 19/8, B/L Scan 22/9
Tay (IVF) D/R 21/8, B/L Scan 26/9
lisae (IVF) D/R 31/8, B/L Scan 13/9
Reb (IVF) D/R 31/8, B/L Scan 15/9
lisaw36 (IVF) D/R 7/9, B/L Scan 23/9
clare30 (IVF) D/R 1/9
Lady (IVF) D/R 1/9
nicnack (IVF) D/R 1/9
Lilly (IVF) D/R 3/9, Stimms 22/9, Scans 26/9, 1/10, E/C 4/10
TJT (IVF) D/R 3/9, Stimms 23/9
annthos (IVF) D/R 4/9, B/L Scan 22/9
trudy (IVF) D/R 5/9
shazzer (IVF) D/R 6/9, B/L Scan 21/9
Leni (IVF) D/R 9/9, B/L Scan 23/9, Stimms 24/9, Scans 27/9, 30/9, E/C 6/10, E/T 8/10
Tricia (IVF) D/R 10/9

Waiting to D/R Stars
Ceedubya (ICSI) D/R 11/9
Candy (IVF) D/R 13/9, B/W 5/10, Stimms 7/10
Abbi2 (IVF) D/R 13/9
Rachel (IVF) D/R 14/9
westies (ICSI) D/R 14/9
elvie (IVF) D/R 16/9
Tequila (IVF/ICSI) D/R 17/9
loopydumpling (IVF) D/R 19/9
Jenni (ICSI) D/R 19/9
Deb's Hoping (ICSI) D/R 20/9
lotus (ICSI) D/R 20/9
Kelly M (ICSI) D/R 20/9, E/C 18/10ish
sarz (ICSI) D/R 23/9, E/C 20/10
Camel (ICSI) D/R ?/9
Ginger (IVF) D/R ?/9
jacy (IVF) D/R ?/9
Jane1 D/R ?/9
lou be (ICSI) D/R ?/9
MnM D/R ?/9
sussexgirl D/R ?/9
tinks78 (IVF) D/R ?/9

FET Stars
Marielou Scan 20/9, E/T 27/9ish
kate12 D/R 23/8, Scan 13/9

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Clare30
I see your point, it would be too good to be true and there must be a downside otherwise every clinic would do it for everyone.
Let me know what your docs say!
Just hours to go till sniffing starts for me.....!  Going to set the mobile phone to remind me.  Nurse said it's ok not to stick to totally precise times or spacing - what is everyone else who sniffs doing?
I'm planning on say 8am 12pm 7pm 11pm.

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Girls
Bit late so I won't go on for ages like usual.
Just got back from celebratory meal with stepkids as youngest about to go off to university (yes, he's quite alot older than me ! DSS 25, DSD 22 and DSD 18)  Anyway had a lovely evening but driving back (on my own, he was dropping the older two off at their flat) I was thinking about my brother.  He lives abroad and flew back out on Sunday to try and make sense of what had happened while he was in London.  I took him to the airport and I've never seen him look so lost as I left him at departures.  It broke my heart to see him so broken hearted.  Anyway I was thinking about him and his DP who I also love very dearly in the car and how rubbish it is the way life throws terrible things at you and suddenly had my worst sobbing fit since my last BFN.. :'(  Luckily I'm quite an accomplished driver with weepy eyes, I do it quite often (anyone else always cry alone in the car?  or am I the only crazy one?!)

Shazzer I'm sorry today was such a sad day for you, but I admire your attitude.  What a lovely thought.  ^Cuddle^

I think I am feeling the sniffing effects more than last time, I'm quite tired and emotional.  And feeling a bit sick in the mornings than usual...
Candy, I don't think you need to worry - the spray is designed to get right up your nose (literally and metaphorically!  :mad: ) and anyone panicking about trickling down your throat, it does it every time I sniff and I still downregged a treat last tx.    ;)  I completely forgot to take a couple of doses last time, but you do so many I dont think it really matters if you sneeze or trickle!  I carry a pack of mints with me to get over the taste - yuk :p

By the way Clare I only do three sniffs at around 8 am, 5pm and 11pm.  But at work I nearly always forget the 5pm and end up doing it in the car at the traffic lights on the way home or even later because I've forgotten completely!  ???

Thanks for the ideas on minor ops, keep 'em coming! I think it needs to be tummy region definitely as I will go back looking like a bloater and feeling rubbish whichever way it turns out!  I'm such a rubbish liar it's gotta be good! 

I've not had blasts mentioned by my ACU though I will discuss it with the Bridge if we get a few more actually managing to fertilise this time.  The risk is that you could lose the lot outside your nice cosy womb.  And I know I would be kicking myself if that happened.... big decision for those who are making it, just makes you realise what brave girls we all are!  ^banana^

I just wanted to be the first one to use the monkey icon in a relevant context.  (by the way there's still a competition left unwon in the Summer Babydusters thread to use the policemen icon in a relevant post without committing a crime!!!!) I spotted it and had to use it!  This story is a bit insignificant and I would not normally tell you if I didn't want to get my bid in early to use the monkey smiley!  DSD (darling stepdaughter) really touched me yesterday.  I think this is a sign of how emotional suprecur is making me.  We happen to call each other monkey  ^monkey^ (affectionately of course) and she yesterday she bought me one of those little animal beanie things with a name tag in its ear which said 'my name is Claire' and guess what, it was a  ^monkey^ !!!!
Anyone got any better excuses to use the monkey smiley than that?! Recent hilarious safari park antics? Bring it on!!!! 

....sniffing's definitely getting to me, DP's made me a nettle tea (drinking my way to fertility, or is it insanity?)  so time to hit the sack.

lots of love,

Clairexx  aka  ^monkey^ 

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Thanks for the reassurance girls, sneezed 8 times after 5mins last night, but today, 3mins to go until 15mins with no sneeze or blewing my nose, maybe I am cured ;) also am up this morning, normally I lie in bed and so far the taste has been minimal.

Glad to hear its normal Claire, you poor thing, I am not surprised you were so upset, hormones or no hormones, its a shock and really hard when you care for both parties and they are family, do you think they will sort things out given time or is this it ? .... I do truely hope things work them selves out, but sometimes I guess people grow apart and if thatis the case, I pray he finds happiness again, when the time is right, Glad you had your DSD to cheer you up, loved reading the monkey story x

To early for me to invent a safari tale, so will leave it the rest of our budding writers.

Love to all our twinkling stars C xx

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Stars,

Just a quickie as I am at work :(

I started my stims yesterday ;D
375iu of Gonal -F for 3 days then dropping to 300iu. This is a bit higher dose than I had last time to try and grow a few more eggs (I got 10 last time) and hopefully get to blast.
I go for scans on Monday 20th and Friday 24th. I am a little concerned that my clinic do not do any bloods during the tx.....I don't understand why some clinics find the bloods vital to indicate when to perform ec and others rely on the info they get from the scans? ^confused^

Well I am doing the Zita visualization. Being very optimistic and seeing 12 follicles grow on each ovary. Have acupuncture booked for Saturday and am keeping myself warm & snuggly (shame I have to come to work!).

Sending  ^reiki^ vibes to all fellow stars.

Catch up again soon.

Love Nicnack xx

·
Registered
164 Posts
Morning ladies

I did my 1st trial injection this morning at the clinic and it was no problem at all. ^banana^ I'm so proud of myself as I am real needle phobic. I injected just below the belly button and had a bit of a freak out just before the needle went it but 'bit the bullet' and did it. The nurse was it fits of laughter as all I did was say ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch throughout and at the end said 'that wasn't so bad' and she just about wet herself. ;D I start on Friday so I'm hoping it will all go ok. I'm feeling a bit more confident about it now though which is taking a bit of the worry away.

My protocol is below:
Start D/R (Buserelin Injections) 19/9
Start FSH Injections 6/10 (150 i.u)
Baseline scan 6/10
Day 10 scan 15/10
Don't know anymore yet.

I too am rattling and by the end of this process I'll be a rattling pregnant pin cushion (with lovely skin.. ;D) Hopefully!!

I'm taking the following: aspirin, Marilyn Glenville vits, flaxseed (Omega3), Evening Primrose, Pro-biotic caps, and am trying to follow a wheat free, dairy free, sugar free diet and it's flippin impossible :( I'm sure my body is thanking me for it though.

A couple of quick personals:

Marielou - Fingers crossed those embies thaw ok hun

Ceedubya - So sorry about your brother. Gall stones is a good suggestion to get you off work....I'm quite lucky as my boss knows all about it. I don't want to tell anyone else at work though as I don't think I could handle all the questions from everybody whether it be good news or bad. I too am really good at driving whilst bawling my eyes out, I actually find it quite therapeutic.... though I am not the prettiest cryer in the world - snotty nose etc (sorry TMI)

Babyroosta - welcome

Candy - I don't stniff but good luck with it.

Shazzer - hope you're feeling better now.

Anyway ladies goota dash. Good luck to all those D/R ers.

Megan
^Exercise!2^

·
Registered
370 Posts
Morning ladies!

Wow this board is getting bigger by the hour, let alone the day!  ;) It’s so great to have all this support but in some ways it really saddens me to see more and more women having fertility problems in this day and age.  :'(

DH and I are getting along really well now. We somehow seem to be going thru a second honeymoon stage which is wonderful. My sex hang ups are gradually going away  :-[ it’s tough but communication has definitely strengthened our relationship.

Marielou – ooo my man would’ve loved a tapas night, or a curry night, or a Chinese…  doesn’t really matter to him as long as the food is ethnic and the setting is romantic. Suits me just fine too!

Dubya – so sorry to hear about your bothers problems. I’m in a similar situation with my sis, only SHE’s the one doing the leaving and taking my 4 yr old neice with her. BIL in law is heartbroken and my loyalties are getting really stretched. And phone bills calling the UK all the time are getting enormous. I hope everyone your end manages to sort something out amicably.

Elvie and dubya – you both did a Mock ET? And loopy - a trial injection? ?? Sounds odd to me, but I suppose the more practice they get the better! You all seem to have so many more scans and trials than I do here. I DID have a laparoscopy but that was more to determine the state of my endo rather than anything else. I DO remember lying flat after the ET with an extremely full bladder and having to ask for a catheter. Either that or I was going to burst out all over the docs face (TMI again, I know!) but then he will sit in that prime position!

Westies – good luck with the hypnosis. And self-hypnosis too? That sounds very daunting. Not sure I like the idea very much but if it works for you that’s brilliant. Silly question: how do you get into the chatroom? I’ve tried several times but it wont let me in. do I have to download something?  :-\

Leni – how’s the allotment coming along? I have no garden but a big balcony with tubs of herbs – that’s about my limit. Oh and we have a red hot chilli plant so my DH can make fresh Tabasco.  ^chef^ (Ha! got to use the chef smiley!) I would really love to be able to grow more things tho, we have the perfect climate.

Kelly – telling the family is hard. For my first attempt I told all and sundry my most intimate details, maybe it was the excitement of it all perhaps. Next time I’m keeping it all to myself – so I can surprise everyone. The trauma of dealing with peoples questions after my BFN was just too much for me. Not even my family are aware that we are trying again. Hope that cold stays away!  :-*

Sarah – glad things are looking brighter for you. And remember it is NEVER an easy ride – feel free to moan and vent all you like here, we all have different stories and that’s what makes this place such a den of warmth and support. Sending big hugs. ^daisy^

And last but not least a big welcome to babyrooster (love the name BTW!!) Hope this is where it happens for you!

And to all the ex-smokers out there (jenny, tinks, leni, westies, sarah – wow quite a few actually – well done for giving up and can you please let me into your secret (as long as it doesn’t involve hypnotism westies!). I’m cutting down but cant seem to stop completely – any ideas?

Have a great day everyone
Love Nicky

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Hi Girls

Sorry just a fast post will catch up later af is better today thanks for all your messages only 6 days to i start injection i cant wait hope everyone is well thinking of you all

love always lilly xxx

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi all

havent looked at the thread for a few days, and its taken me ages to catch up, its good to see so many of us swapping advice, stories and experiences.

I had my scan on Monday, which was OK, so I started my oestrogen tablets on tues, go back for next scan on the 28thSep then if that Ok ET on the 1stOct.
:'( :'(
I was upset after leaving the clinic though on Mon, we had a chat with one of the embryologists, a man, and he is just so difficult to talk to. They had already decided that this time we would try a day 3 transfer instead of a day 2 which we have done twice before. So the nurse said we could talk to the embryologist about how many embies we wanted to thaw, simple I thought!!! Well he walked in sat down and said, "Oh I didnt realise it was you 2, so I've got everything wrong" he then proceeded to talk to us for about half an hour completely confusing me, not finishing his sentences, contridicting himself about success rates and he even left the room twice to go and talk to someone else, not about us I might add. When he did come back in my dh shut the door because there was a screaming child outside and we couldnt hear a word he was saying, and he told him to open it again, as he was looking out for someone he wanted to talk to, again not about us. I left feeling totally drained, he didnt seem to care at all about our case, he didnt even know how many embies we have frozen!!! You would think he would look up in your notes before he came in to chat wouldnt you so he would know all about your circumstances!!! I really dont know what to do, I want to put in a complaint about him, but of course we are still having txt there?!!!
I'm sorry to go on, but I feel really strongly about this, part of its probably the drugs making me a bit hypersensitive, but even my dh thought he was useless, and he's very thick skinned!! It's really knocked my confidence, has anyone got any advice on positive thinking tips?!!!!

Hope everyone else is OK?
LOL Kate

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hi kate

Its my first time at IVF (started injecting last night) so I have a lot to learn out the highs and lows of this merry go round.  But as you were asking about tips for positive thinking, thought I'd chuck my fourpennyth worth in.

Though you are probably going to think I a quite mad!! but here goes.....

DH and I have got a couple of little buddahs (four actually) on our dressing room table.

One carrying a tray above his head - for wealth

One with his hands straight above his head - which is suppose to stand for the attitude 'ah well, so what let it pass'

One carrying a sack - which as the legend goes he has everything you need in life within his sack, tent for shelter, clothes for warmth, blanket for comfort, medicine for good health, food and water

And the last more important one a fertility buddah who has children crawling round his neck.

We call them 'our boys' and every morning DH stumbles out of bed and rubs their bellies which is quite a funny sight - you have to be there. (I tend to do it when I'm doing my hair and more awake.)

Anyway their smiling faces do cheer you up and in a funny way I think they make you focus, and since we have had them (we got them when I had a cancer scare in April) more positive situations have occured around us.

Good luck and please dont let some insensitive muppet get you down.... 

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
kate12 that's rotten of him.  You just have to hope that he's good at the core of his job and just not a people person.  But that's not an excuse for his behaviour.

Just done my 2nd sniff and it's starting down the back of my throat. A question: some of it trickles out of my nose straight away - does anyone else have that and is it a problem?

Feel ok ish - perhaps a bit like having a hangover - not that I can remember as I take metformin for pcos and so haven't got really drunk for years!

Hi to everyone

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Hello,

Well, Mark's gone back to work today, so I've got time to come and chat for once!  Its only been 5 days, but I already feel like an outsider - so much has gone on!!

Not much is happening with me - I have my first u/s on Monday, and am just worrying like mad about the FET still.  ::)  I just know I'll feel better once they're thawed.

Elvie - I injected for d/r not sniffed, so I'm sorry, I can't answer your question - hopefully someone else will!  ;)

Crocodile - I have a Jade Fertility Buddha that was given to me from a friend in the USA.  He is on our PC table, and I always rub him for luck.  The day I didnt rub him, I found out I had overstimulated, so go firgure!  ;)

Kate - I'm so sorry you felt you were treated poorly by your dr. and that you feel you can't complain as you are having tx there.  Is there another dr. you could request to see instead?  I always ask for one of 2 lovely nurses at my clinic, and have always had wonderful care from them, - is there anyway you could do that?  One thing to keep in mind is that you can always complain later ...  but its now that you're hurting.  :(  I wish I could say more, and I'm sorry you're so upset and angry.  IF treatment is stressful enough without men like him!

Lilly - So glad to see af is getting better and only 6 days until injections!! yay!!  ^fairydust^

Nicky  - So glad to hear your relationship is doing so well now - I think sometimes it takes a big row and hardships to relaise just how much you love one another, and I hope you're enjoying your new found sex life (hehe!)  ^BMS^

Megan - Good luck with injecting - you made me laugh with your story of 'ouch ouch ouch'  ;D  One little tip I found good - pinch your skin before you inject - your skin is smarting from the pinch, and you don't feel the needle at all! Also, I found injecting into my sides (love handles) better, as I don't have any fat on my belly, and it hurt more.  ;)  Theres my tip for the day!

Nicnack - I had no blood taken during stims, apart from when i overstimulated, they just went from the scans.  We both have scans on monday - hope you see lots of nice follies! (but not too many!) I remember thinking that it was 'all go' from the stims stage  :)

Candy - glad the sneezing seems to be settling down!!  ;)

Claire - how sweet of DSD to buy you a  ^monkey^ (hehe i used the moneky too!) One of my sister's friends has just becomme a  ^police^ and he looks very nice in his uniform! (haha! I did it!!)  Is that ok for you?!!  ;D

Hugs,
Marie xx

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hello everyone,

I go away for 6 days and look what has happened !!! It has just taken me my whole lunch hour (and a half!!) to catch up on all the posts.

By the way there were some really good looking  ^police^ at the airport. (Does that count as well ?).

It's good to see so many of you have already started D/R and good luck to you all.  ^goodluck^

I have my appointment on Monday which is also CD21 so hopefully they will let me start this month. I did phone the doctor a couple of weeks ago and she said it would be okay but you never know if they can fit all the scans in.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Sending  ^fairydust^  ^fairydust^ to everyone and I will catch up properly tomorrow.

Debbie.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi all sorry once again that this is a quick one.  Just want to update my e/c is going to be 22nd sept with et on 24th sept, all being well. Have another scan tomorrow to determine whether the 11 follies i have are mature enough.

Trying to get some work done before I leave work tues 21st for a week or so.

will write again later.  Hope you ladies are still smiling.

Tay xxxxx

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi All

Wow there have been a lot of posts in the last couple of days.  Thanks for all messages re my dad - he has made a lot of progress and should be out of hospital next week, so my diet should improve greatly when I am not rushing from work to hospital and then straight home to bed grabbing whatever fattening, unhealthy food I can on the way!!

Nicky - I have only given up fully for 5 days now mainly          because my dad and brother have nagged me into           submission! Before I had cut down to 5 cigarettes per day - but I have a hen night on Friday and I have a horrible feeling I may slip up a little!  Giving up totally is soooo hard - I cannot think that I will never have a cigarette again because that will probably send me off to have 20 all in one go! I have to think that if I really badly want a cigarette then I will have one but will try realy hard not to (does that make sense!)

Kate - Dont some people make you so angry ^furios^ - you would think someone in his position would realise that we need support, attention and information.   ^Cuddle^

Re. Aspirin - I asked at my clinic about taking baby aspirin and they have told me that as there have been conflicting reports about benefits/detrimental effects that I should steer clear of it unless it is prescribed for a specific condition.

Elvie - Sorry nothing to do with IVF but I noticed you also had hydrosalphinx and had your tubes removed - hope you don't mind me asking you this but have you experienced really bad period pains (especially during the night)?  I have and my doc thought it may be due to my op.  Would be interested in your comments.

Debbie - I have my fingers crossed for you.   ^goodluck^

Must go for now

Jenni

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Tay - good luck - not long now!

Jenni - of course I don't mind you asking - it's good to swap notes with someone who had the same op. But I haven't had the same issue.  Did the doc say what specifically might have happened to cause it and how long ago was it?  How did you find the op itself? Mine was worse than I had been told  - whole stomach was black and blue and had a horrid sudden heavy bleeding episode from the wound the day after the op.  I didn't know what was going on and dh was out getting me comfort food (fish and chips!) so had to phone hspital in a panic!  But it's a few months ago now and hopefully all worthwhile to ensure the horrid hydro toxins don't get to our embies. 

Croc - I saw your other post - glad everything's ok and you can start!!

Elvie

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Stars

Hope you are good :)

ELvie...i am only sniffing twice a day, but was told to put my head back for a few moments after each sniff.  Seem to be working...only prob is that vile taste :p

Jenni...glad to read your Dad is on the mend. and well done on the giving up!

Kate, god how insesative, maybe that is why he is an embryologist and not a consaltant! He is prehaps more at home in a lab with no-one asking him questions. i'm sure he will communicate better with your embryos.

Debs Everything is xxxxxxx for monday. 

Tay 11 embies go girl!! ^banana^ ^banana^

Marie lou...How are you? good luck for Monday

Lilly glad you are feeling better.

Lots of love to you all

Abbi xxx

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Hi Girls

Well as promised here goes my long post  ;D

Mairelou goodluck with scan on monday hun i have everything crossed for you  :-*

Rachel wonderful news on starting d/r hope your having a wonderful hoilday  :-*

Leanne hope your having a wonderful hoilday hun  :-*

Tay goodlcuk tomorrow hun not long for you now  :-*

Jenni  glad your dad is doing better prayers for him  :-*

elvie i also had hydros got my tube removed 14 weeks ago goodluck hun i hope we all get bfp  :-*

Deb's Hoping goodluck with appointment on monday hun  :-*

crocodile goodluck with injections hun  :-*

kate12  im sorry your appointment went bad hun ask to speak to the doctor and explain what happened i hope this helps thinkin gof you hun :-*

Laroussi how r u doing hun  :-*

loopydumpling  glad your injections are going well hun goodluck  :-*

Nicnack well done you are nearly there hun how is stims going hope well  :-*

Candy glad the sniffing is going well hun  :-*

ceedubya how r u doing hun  :-*

to anyone i have missed hope you are all doing well thinking of you  :-*

as for me feeling wonderful now and cant wait to start stims will speak soon girls

love always lilly xxxx

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Trudy
sweetheart you sound really down in the dumps. All I can say is things will get better, it's not forever that we're doing all this IVF lark.  It'll be worth it.  can you get your gp to sign you off work for a little while when it's the crucial bits of the cycle?
take care and find some time for yourself and dh
Elvie
xx

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.