Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Ruth,

I had my Ec on yesterday, and i have still been in pain. they collected 27 eggs. I have used Anadin extra and Ibuprofen and they don't seem to help the pain. Could you please suggest a stronger pain killer that is save to use before ET on Thursday.

Also,  I wanted to know how soon I can start to use baby Aspirin and Cyclogest before ET. Would the pain get worse after ET and what can I do to improve my chance of implantation as that has been my problem in the past cycles.

Thank you. Your prompt respond will be appreciated.

Twinsmum  :(

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Unfortunately I can´t suggest a stronger painkiller as the pain you describe will not just shift in that way. You have a form of OHSS and you must ensure you drink plenty of fluids, at least 3 litres a day, increase protein foods and take regular paracetamol. Your ovaries are swollen up again after egg collection which is a normal reaction but with so many eggs, the feelings are worse.
Regarding when to start asprin and cyclogest, each centre is different as to when these should start. I have always got patinets to start Asprin at the start of the treatment cycle and cyclogest on the day of egg collection but you must check with your own centre.

Ruth

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ruth,

Thanks for your respond. I am drinking Lot of water. My Et is likely to be tomorrow. I have spoken to my GP and he as prescribed two strong pain killers  to help me with the pain.

Thank you again for your help.

Twinsmum

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.