Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I had my egg collection exactly 7 days ago and for about a week before EC i was bloated and uncomfortable.  After EC i was even more so and had a very gurgly stomache and constant sharp twinges which were very painful.  Now its 3 days since ET and i although i am still drinking the 2-3 litres of water a day as recommended, i am still so bloated (I'm walking around with trousers totally undone its indecent) and my stomach is hard and pronouncedand as though i was about 4 months pregnant.  The pain is not as bad now (its more limited to the evenings and night time) but i am so very uncomfortable!!  I have no idea how i am going to go back to work on Friday if this continues.

Is this normal.  I can't cope with this much longer?

Thanks
Shiny

·
Registered
540 Posts
By the sounds of it you have OHSS - I had it before EC and knew I was going to get ill on my first go, so knew I wouldn't even get to ET. I would suggest you measure around your belly, over your belly button and keep track every 4 hours or so - this is what they do in hospital - where I was for over a week with it! Try not to walk around too much and if your belly carries on getting bigger, if the pain worsens or if you feel sick or are sick, ring the clinic straight away and if it's weekend or out of hours, take yourself to A&E. You will be fine in the long run, but hopefully you will get a BFP and that means that the OHSS can last even longer, so just be careful. Hope this helps? Best of luck!

H xx

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Shiny,

I'm sorry to hear about your pain/discomfort but trust me you're not the only one.

I've had my EC on 07/02/11 and I also noticed my bloating since about two Weeks go. DH keeps on saying it's probably in my mind now as I should be feeling better without the injections but now I know I'm not imagining it.

I will either have my ET tomorrow afternoon or it will be Saturday. My stomach is still as bloated as before and there is also a sharp twinge sometimes.

Good luck with your 2ww I guess you're not too far from it. How was your ET experience? I'm getting quite nervous about it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Shiny,

Yes - I've had the same. I had my EC on the 1st Feb and ET on the 3rd Feb, and my tummy is REALLY huge! I came back to work but can only wear leggings because nothing else fits. I had quite bad abdominal and lower back pain but thankfully that seems to have settled down, just been feeling emotional today.

Hope you feel better soon, if you are worried call your clinic and see what they say.

All the best xxx

·
Registered
203 Posts
i had the same last time round  -- had to leave top button undone on my trousers at work --  dont panic  - just keep an eye and if u continue to be worried call ur clinic xx goodluck

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your kind replies.  Have got an appointment tomorrow to see doctor at clinic for him to check me over.  Be nice to be seen
Thanks ladies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts