Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

Can anyone tell me if you've been told to avoid sex during the 2ww, I've read in books that you should but the hospital never actually told me this.

Thanks,

Paula

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Hi Paula

My clinic told me it was best to avoid it (probably psychological - all the movement!) but also in the first few days after EC they said there was a possibility that a missed egg might be floating about and you could either end up with loads and loads of babies or maybe ectopic.

I figured that at this stage in the proceedings abstinence was the best policy but I guess people are different.

Poll

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Paula,

My clinic told us definitely no sex during the 2ww.  They didn't actually say why but we stuck to it anyway!  Now I'm 6 weeks pg!  At least after the 2ww you can carry on as normal, because I've had problems with miscarriage before in early pregnancy we've been advised to not have sex for the first 12 weeks!!!  Didn't think this would be a problem for me but as they always say when they tell you not to do something you want it more!!!!!  ^evil^

Good luck,

Andrea xxxx

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I was told to avoid penatrative sex, but "other things" were ok.  I didnt have sex, but I did have orgasms.  God that sounds like I did every day - certainly not!

anyway I got a positive.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
tinks you little tiger you!!!

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
I have seen the link that Tinks posted and the evidence, for me, is overwhelming !

I can honestly say, with no hesitation, that I WILL most certainly be having orgasms on the 2ww !   ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

Jennifer xx

ps - My own personal theory is that it must increase blood flow to the 'area' and therefore help with implantation - this is purely my opinion and not based on anything I have read or heard.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^  ??? there is somethings I am just not prepared to give up on smoking yes drinking yes caffine yes.. and all the other avoided things but not me nookie !!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you ladies, you've made me feel so much better as I didn't actually have penetrative sex but did have an orgasm, mmm..... maybe I'll go for some more now!!!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
just looking for some advice!

sorry if this is tmi, but i had et on fri and then yesterday i went to bed in the afternoon for a few hours as i had not had much sleep the night before.
i was having a very naughty dream ;D(must be all the thinking about not having sex!!) and i woke up having an orgasm :-[ :-[ (this has never happened before)
i am really worried now that i have ruined my chances of a bfp already as it was so soon after et.
i would be grateful of any replies
thanks Leanne x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts