Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone  ;D

As the title says I'm interested in what other ladies think re the double buggy sun visors. We have a MB one which came with the MB and works on the principle of the shade-a-babe but we also have a Combi We2 which needs protecting. Both are about the same price so I was wondering if it's worth trying the protect-a-bub or is it pants?

Any comments would be gratefully received.

Thanks girls!!  :-*

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
HI - I was wondering the same thing and just about to post!  Also wondered if they both/either would fit the Nipper Double??  I'll be interested to read what anyone thinks.

XXCLarey xx

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Hi there

I had a Nipper and bought a Protect a Bub which I think was a total waste of money  :-\ It was such a faff I never used it. I think alot of the ladies on here used the Shade a Babe and found it really good.

Rachel x

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
i have a MB and a shade a babe its a bit dark and gloomy but it dose the trick

nico

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi! I have a Nipper Double and used the Shade-a-babe for my girls last year. I thought it was great. Not sure what they will think of it this year now they are sitting up and like to flirt with every passer by, there may be protests, we will have to wait and see...  :)

Best wishes,
Cosmo x

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
hi me again

met agirl today with a nipper who has a single shade a babe that works on her double one

·
Registered
312 Posts
Iya Ladies,

Just to throw a spanner in the works.... I have asked about both these items on another site and I asked someone with the same pram as us (XTS Twin Twister) about fit etc.... and I have just ordered a Protect a Bub..... well if it's good enough for Julia Roberts and her babies......

Still looking for two single shade a babes for our single buggys tho.....

City Chic x

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi
just to chip in does anyone know if either of these two shades will work with tandem as I have a Jane powertwin if not any other solutions as I have two parosols which worked quite well with carseats last summer but know babies are bigger not much good
thanks
Annette

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Annette - I don't think the Protect a Bub would go on a Jane tandem. Hopefully someone will have another idea. Can't help thinking that there's a great need for lots of twins equipment. If only I was more technically minded!  ;D

City Chic

You could have had my Protect a Bub for a lot less. I only tried it once so practially brand new  ;)

Rachel x

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks girls for all your advice and opinions, it sure does help.  ;D

What I've decided is to get a protect-a-bub as we already have the MB shade which would also fit on the WE2 (haven't tried yet but it's bound to.... :-\). This way I'll have both types which might work in different conditions. Someone told me the PAB one is best used with a sarong or something light covering the babies bottom halves and with both, using lashings of sun block -which I do. I smother the poor little bu88ers with it!!

The MB one is extremely dark and a bit like a buggy bhurka (sp?). Like Cosmo says, they do like a bit of banter with any tom dick or harry so it's not going down too well!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again everyone!  :-* :-* :-*

·
Registered
312 Posts
AAAWWW Rachel how annoying is that..... I very nearly did post to ask you what you was to do with yours when I read your earlier post..... I am expecting mine probably Monday now but will see if I can return it and then maybe buy yours for cheaper, if it works out a lot cheaper and better in the long run ????? would that be ok with you.

Is yours black ?  We have a black pram so would so black would be great.

How much would you be asking for it incl. p & p ?

Or where do you live to maybe collect it ?

Thanks

city Chic x

I will PM this message to you too.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hi

We just bought the protect a bub and it's brilliant! We have 2 singles as we have 2 strollers, and it also fits our twin firstwheels. Money well spent.

love lilyella xxxx

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just to mention something different - we have a rayshade (looks just like the protect a bub) and it fits ok on the M&P Twin Aria and the Mclaren double.  Its really flexible so you can have either a lot of shade or just a little.

G

·
I bought the Rayshades last week and they work quite well on the Jane powertwin pro.  i 'm still using  the car seats and I tuck the lip under the carry handle when I change direction to keep the sun off them.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Our Protect a Bub arrived yesterday and was striaght on our XTS Twin Twister which is fits just fine and it did the trick of keeping the son off the boys and they could still see what was going on..... I'm quite impresed with it.

Am now looking for two single shades along the same lines for our single buggy's if anyone has one, but I need two, they want to off load for a reasonable price.

Thanks

City Chic x

·
Registered
669 Posts
hiya, ive got a jane power twin pro, two single pushchairs (maclarens) and a twin pulse m&p (side by side) would any of them fit all 3 types, if i bought x2 single rayshades would this work?????
lisa x

G

·
Hi Lisa,
As long as the McClaren and M&P already have hoods on them, then the rayshades will fasten over them.
They fold down quite nicely too!

·
Registered
669 Posts
thanks, ill order them now  :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Just popping back onto the thread to say we got a shade-a-babe for our Nipper Double and have been really pleased with it- perfect for the sunny weather we had last week and when we took them out over their lunchtime nap it provided a bit of darkness to help them sleep, too.  (Now we just have to hope that week wasn't it for summer weather!)

Clarey

1 - 19 of 19 Posts