Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Home Ladies

Happy Chatting

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello,

I am going to egg share. I have EC this Monday and I am very excited about it. Today I had my first scan and everything seems fine, they told me I have around 12 follies and still have more injections to do.

They also gave me a gree form, I find it quite difficult to fill since I don't know if it is going to work for the recepient. I mean, there is a space where they want me to give a message to the child born as a result of my donation and I don't know what to say.  :-\

Have any of you filled out that form?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi silouette, i have already done my green form but not starting until july!! I bascically wrote a bit about myself and family history, my achievements , what my personality was like and general life experiences. On the other bit where you write a goodwill message i just put something along the lines of i wish them well and hope they have had a hapy life and continue to do so etc, and my reasons for donating.

I didnt want mine to be too personal ie. come and see me any time lol or about my feelings, it was just quite factual about who i am as a person. Hope this helps xx

·
Registered
165 Posts
hi i am starting my first egg share ivf this month having my mock egg transfer and injection lesson etc on tuesday.  i got a green form in the post this morning haven't looked at it properly yet wonder if its the same one you have.

well good luck girls

lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

love

sam
xx

·
Registered
911 Posts
HOPE all works out well girls good luck sam for tuesday im still on hold till june 13th but not long now sam it will be the same one think there just standerd

hope were all well

Kerry xx ;D ;D

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi all just a quick update got a phone call from caroline today (eggco) all my bloods are back there fine she said as long as all ig good on the 13th she will  have probably have matched me

Kerry xx

·
Registered
300 Posts
:eek:  :eek: thats means you will be starting soon hun xxxx :)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi Clare by the looks of it yes think it will be a cd21 start though so near end of june time hopfully

Kerry xx

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
  ^afro^ ^congrats^ on starting your egg/share  ^congrats^ ^afro^ Kerry  :)

love lesley  ^reiki^

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi Girls,We are suppost to start treatment on the first of June.My husband had a poor sperm test and they want to do another on the sixth of June.My consultant said we might have to delay.She also suggested that I go on the pill?have any of you heard this before.I sniffed for nearly two months last year and wondered if the pill was just a cheap option.I'm still waiting for her to get back to me.She is wonderful but our egg share coordinator on the first initial appointment gave us a direct line number in case of any questions we might have.I have always got a machine and every message I leave has never been returned.I find this rude.The other nurses are great and help.I called last Thursday to tell her I had taken my period and I'm still waiting for a call.Ive been through this before so I know what icsi has in store for us,what about the girls who don't? I'm worried if I mention this that she will make it hard for us to egg share again.I'm sorry for the moan ^idiot^

·
Registered
165 Posts
well did my 1st d/r jab tonight i got myself in such a state before i did it but it didn't hurt at all  i am so relieved i think i will be ok from now on. 

Kerry great news about your bloods and fingers crossed for the 13th and your match.

I can't believe we are finally on our way and our recipient is already d/r so its all just waiting for me to get to the same stage.

love

Sam

xx

·
Registered
911 Posts
That great news sam glad you managed the injection ok aswell hun i just cant wait to get going now really excited if i can convince my nure at gp to do the  extra tests tomorrow  when she does my smear i wont even need the swabs doing anymore  and that means they will probably match me sooner YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Kerry xxxx ;D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello egg-sharers,

I got EC yesterday and 18 eggs were collected. 9 for me and 9 for the recepient.  :)
I think we have just enough to fertilised and then see if they become nice embryios. Well, the nurse called me today to say that 7 out of 9 fertilised and I should come back on Saturday for ET.
I am so happy not only for me but for the recipient. I am sure that she will also get ET one of these days.

All this long process was not painful for me. I didn't suffer many side effects, so I would do it again  if I need it.

iliana

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi there congrats on  your egg share well done hope it all goes well on sat for you aswell fingers crossed for a big fat BFP for you and recipient

Kerry xxx

·
Registered
96 Posts
hello girls.
I have just joined this BB having just been matched to a recipient and due to start the whole process on my next cycle. How is everybody feeling? I am so emotional everytime I think about it all. I've had 8 cycles of  DIUI previously with only one resulting pregnancy, fortunately everything at that stage went textbook and my son more than makes up for all the heartache. 
Having benefiited from a donor I thought it would be great to help someone else out when I tried again, its just all the worries are starting again and PMT has not helped this part!
Also how does everyone feel about donors. I know and accept the need for confidentiality but I would love to know if my recipient was successful, even if I wasn't, at least it would have been worth it for someone - yet DH can't really understand this...Anyway would love to hear your views. Best of luck to all xx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello ladies,

I hope you are doing well in your tests.
I had ET on Saturday. What a surprise I got when the embryologist said that instead of 7 eggs fertilised as originally she said, I got 8  ;D. So, now I am in the 2ww.

mandao.- By law, as an egg donor you are entitled to know if the recipient got pregnant from your donation. Please go to the HFEA website and read the information there. But you have to ask directly to the HFEA, not the nurse at your local hospital, they won't tell you. I also wanted to know about how succesful my recipient was, but I was only informed that she was very happy and was in tears for the outcome. I suppose that some of the eggs were fertilised. I am really happy for her.  :)

On the other hand, I really don't mind being a known donor. I put my name and address in the green form just in case they or their child want to contact me in the future. It makes no difference if they contact me. The child is 100% theirs, so why should I feel scared???

iliana

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi
Can I join you guys? I am going for EC tomorrow and am doing eggshare. This will be our 3rd attempt at ICSI.

Chris
x

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.