Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd warn everyone about my Chinese experience.  I am feeling SOOOOO ripped off.  It was a big chain, has about 30 stores, mainly in shopping centres.

I paid £10 for registration and made an appointment to see the doctor with my husband for a consultation.  At no time did anyone mention price.

We had the consultation and he asked me through an interpreter to go and take my clothes off and lie on the couch.  Dh was there too.  Suddenly he was unwrapping needles and I was having acupuncture!  well ok - I just thought it was part of the process - maybe to test my reactions or something? 

Then DH had the same treatment.  After this we were rather flummoxed as to what was going on!

Then the translator came in and told us that we would have to have a course of 6 months minimum twice a week, with herbs.  This would cost approx £4000 (our jaws dropped at this)  Then - he presented us with a bill for £120 !!!!!!!

I was really shocked and DH thought I knew about it, and I'm not normally a walkover but I just paid it.

I now feel really ripped off by Eastern medicine - I know some people have had good experiences but I just want to warn you to be careful.

We really needed to save our money for IUI so I am very upset by this. 

Hope this stops someone else from getting ripped off.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
If I were you I would go and talk to trading standards.
If you did not agree to the treatment (& cost) beforehand you should not have to pay.

Deb

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Alicatty - I agree with Debby, go see someone about it, or at least give them a call. You should not have had to pay anything, and they shuld have explained what was going to happen before they went ahead with the accupuncture. If you hadn't signed up for it, just a consultation, then they were wrong to go ahead with it.

Let us know what you do. And thanks for the warning!

KerryB
xx

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
alicatty - that's terrible, I agree with Debs and Kerry, you must go to training standards and complain, what a rip off.

Niki x

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi - I'm wondering if it was Dr & Herbs?

I went to the one where I live and somehow ended up getting £45 worth of chinese herbs for infertility.  All I wanted was some guidance.  It didn't help that the 'Dr' couldn't speak english either and I had to talk via an interpreter - I felt quite bamboozled after the whole thing.

I'm very dubious about it now and wondered if I got ripped off.

Maddie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.