Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^hello^ guys!!

Well I came home at 7.30 tonight and thought I would pop on to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your beautiful wishes for us all and to tell you my birth story while we have a few quiet moments  ;D Here goes.........................................

Friday 3rd dec 6pm I decided to have a bath before our friends came round for our friday night takeaway and "Max & Paddy's road to nowhere"!!!!!!!! Anyway....... whilst I was in the bath I had a strange pain in my tummy but put it down to the fact I was washing my feet and bump got in the way so I had squashed it a little and it felt uncomfortable! A few minutes after I felt a slight 'trickle' down below  ;) but dint really think anything of it UNTIL I got out of the bath and the trickle carried on  :eek: and then went to the loo to discover a mucussy type discharge (clear) was the offending item! I put a pad on and decided to keep an eye on things!

About 6.30 I started with pains in my tummy but they weren't too bad and I dint time them to any degree! Our friends arrived at 7 ish and we all decided what we were going to have to eat and ordered it for Nay and Andy to go and pick it up. About 8 ish (after the lads went for food) the pains were starting to get more painful and regular (between 5 and 8 mins varying) so my friend Gemma put my TENS machine pads on to see if it would help. It did PHEW!!!

8.30... food arrives so inbetween contractions I ate my fried chicken and chips (well to a degree anyway) and start writing down the timings (3 -5 mins)  :eek:

9.30... Max & Paddy!! Giggled a lot  ;D Panted a lot  ;D

Anyway I am waffling, our friends left at about 11.30 ish and the times were now at 3 mins, some even 2 but then they were going back to 5-6 too (confusing) and the mucus was now strained with blood.

12.30... decides to phone the hossie, explained my night and they felt that I  should go in to be examined to see what was happening. So here goes the hossie story..................

1.30 arrived at hossie, examined and told I was 3cm dilated  :eek: and told I would not be going home and I was in labour  :p Although they said my waters hadn't acutally gone, well til the midwife took her fingers out of my wotsit and there the waters went ;D  Off we go..............

3 -4 am ish, examined again and was 5 cm but they pain was excrutiating and was offered gas and air, which I took!! (WOAH!! How weird did I feel!!) 

6 am examined again and was 8 cm dilated then offered pethidine at 6.30 (which dint help in my opinion) by 8 am I was 8 and 1/2 to 9 cm but I had had enough and asked for an epidural but I had to wait til 9 am for the anaesthestist to come down and sort me out.

9.30 am epidural in and working, 10 am examined again still same dilation and frequency of contractions was starting to die off so they checked babys heartrate and it was slightly down. They attached a wire  to Zak's head to monitor his heart rate and it dint drop anymore but continued to stay quite low so basically they decided that I may as well have a c-section as baby wasn't comfy.

11 am wheeled down to theatre to prepare for a epidural top up to have my baby! Nay got changed and I met him in there.

Zak Jamie (Jamie is after Nay's older brother who passed away during labour) Wigfield was born at 12.07pm weighing 6lbs 7oz!!! Nay watched as Zak was pulled out of my tummy, he loved it!! WE both ended up in tears as the midwife told us "ITS A BOY!!" It was the most wonderful day of our lives.

We just wanna say.......................

THANK YOU ZAK FOR BEING HERE AND MAKING US SO PROUD!! WE WILL TRY TO BE THE BEST MOMMY & DADDY TO YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. WE BOTH LOVE YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH DARLING!

Thanx for reading this, hopefully this brings hope to everyone and look forward to reading your own birth stories in the near future. ^fairydust^

Shezza, Nay & Zak  ^monkey^

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
455 Posts
Wonderful Shezza!!

So so happy for you & Nay, can't wait to meet little Zak!!

Great to see you back posting so soon but you definitely need to get some more piccies in the gallery!! We wanna see ore of the little cutie!!!!

Take care & love to you all

Catch

xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
That's such a lovely story Shezza.  Really enjoyed reading that  :) 

Congratulations again to you and Nay. 

Welcome baby Zak  ^baby^  You are gorgeous!

Love to you all.

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Shezza

Great story. Glad your home now. I loved the gas & air but i ended up with a c section with Joe too.
Enjoy these next few months and make the most of them cos they go so so quick.
Really pleased for you and Nay and cant wait to meet Zak Jamie perhaps in April.

Love Kim x x x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
congratulations Shezza and Nay, wonderful story and I'm sure Zac will be a wonderful little boy who will make his namesake proud.  :-*

Love Sue
xxxx

·
Registered
376 Posts
What a wonderful story Shezza  :)

Enjoy this special time together

loads of love
maxbabe
xxx

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
brought a tear to my eyes that did

Love Mini xx

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just wanted to pop in and say CONGRATULATIONS! Shezza on the birth of your lovely little boy!

Love
dotty xx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Shezza

Just wanted to say Congratualtions sweetie

I am so over the moon for you

Sending lots of love 2 u

Emilyxx​

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Thank you sharing your story Shezza. Big  :-* to you, Nay and Zak!

Loads of Love ... Belinda xx

·
Registered
209 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS

^itsaboy^SHEZZA AND NAY ^itsaboy^

On the birth of your wee boy ZAK ^blueted^

Love SUZ, PHIL and SIOBHAN
XXXXXX

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Awww what a beautiful story, congratulations on your beautiful son, I pray that he grows to be strong and healthy and of course happy all my love Candy xx

·
Registered
547 Posts
Shazza and Nay and not forgetting little Zak Jamie
thanks for writing your birth story its bought tears to my eyes cant wait to meet our miracle now,
take care
love gemmaxxxx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Thanks for sharing your story Shez

Love to all 3 of you

Big kisses to Bazza Zak ???

Love
suzie aka olive xx ( a very proud ff aunty!!)

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Awww Shezza,

Thank you for sharing your birthing story with us  :-*

It nearly made me cry but im just a big softy and it dosent take much to set me off  ;D ;D

Enjoy him Hun!
Love Nicky x x x ^snow^ ^babycrawl^

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Once again, massive congrats to you both, shezza and nay, wonderful birth story, and Zac is just adorable. 

Hugs and Kisses,
Marie xx

^blueted^ ^storkboy^ ^babycrawl^ ^blueted^ ^storkboy^ ^babycrawl^

·
Registered
237 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS SHEZZA AND NAY!!  ^itsaboy^ ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^

Shezza your story made me have a little tear in my eye at the end, you made it sound exciting and not at all scarey...so thank you!

Lots of love to you all.
Jen xxx

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
What a lovely story, you had me in tears! Thanks for sharing Shezza. I'm surprised little Zak didn't make an appearance during Max and Paddy!!  ;D ;D

Lots of love to the 3 of you  ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^

Take care

All my love, Rachel xxx

·
Registered
13 Posts
;D ;D ;D ;D ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^doc^ ^doc^ ^doc^ ^doc^ ^Exercise!2^ ^Exercise!2^
oh shezza congradulations on your little baby boy , i hope you are well, loved reading your story but a tear to my eye. Im still waiting for christmas day and hope it comes on time !!!!!
Wishing you the very best hon and will talk soon
love joani
xxxxxxx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts