Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there

I took DD to Mothercare to measure her feet today.  They have a foot measuring thing which customers can use (or at any rate, no-one stopped me from using it..!).  DD's feet measured between the 5 and 6 lines.  Do you know, does this mean she should be in size 6 now, or is she still OK in size 5 until they meet the 6 line?  We have some secondhand size 6 Clarks shoes for when her feet are big enough.

Many thanks
EG x

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
If she's between the size lines I'd definitely say go up. Depending on the type of shoe I've sometimes had to go up to the next size with J (not at Clarks).  Her current shoes will undoubtedly have stretched a little with wear so she's probably fine in them for a bit longer but I'd probably also try the size 6s you have and see how she goes in them.  I understand for a good fit to wear and grow into you should be able to squeeze a thumb tip at the toe before feeling her toes, and you should be able to slide a finger down behind the heel without too much difficulty.
Trip x
PS When you did the foot measurer thingy did you stand your DD up?  That's the best way since their feet flatten down and 'lengthen' when they're standing on them... obviously.  ;)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I always watch in Clarks when ds has his feet measured, they do make sure they can put their thumb sideways at the end of the shoe for room.  Sometimes I feel ds shoes seem really big to start with, thinking about it, peoples thumbs aren't the same size, might explain why sometimes they don't get the fit correct in Clarks, though I must say this has only happened twice with ds, both last year, once with a pair of sandals and his trainers.  Not sure about the heel though, I thought you watch them whilst they are walking to make sure their heel isn't moving too much and you shouldn't be able to pull the shoe off over the back of the heel whilst they are done up, shouldn't be too much movement at the heel. 

Just a question, have you checked on the width of the Clark shoes you have been given.  just Clarks usually have widths in their shoes?

Shazznewman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.