Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Another blonde question from me.
Has anyone ever been by told or advised against eating the supermarket chickens that are cooked in store, the hot ones, we often by one and let it cool whilst doing new potatoes etc, we never reheat it or anything daft like that.  But I was wondering if anyone had been advised against eating them.  They are always cooked to death, just nice on a hot day to have a pre-cooked one, then not heating the whole house cooking one, lazy I know.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

TQ.xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
TQ I've not really thought about it but I've been eating them exactly the same as you

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hi TQ,

Hope you are ok,

I remember seeing something once about how many bacteria the shop cooked ones can hold, i would give it a miss hunni.... but maybe i am over obsessed with things, this whole journey tends to make you a little paranoid at times !  :eek:

Bell xx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
I ate them all the time during pgy  ;D Never heard of there being a problem with them. I think it boils down to how safe you want to be

Nikki xx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

I would say if your at all worried then best not to eat it  :)

There is no point worrying unduely

x

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
I would say that as long as you let it cool sensibly i.e. as fast as possible and then refrigerate once cold it should be ok - just don't leave it sitting around sweating in the bag for too long....  Or reheat it properly (once only) then it will be fine too.  If you buy it hot and then eat is whilst cooling in reasonable time I can't see a problem.

Fluffs xxx

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
i would say eat it,  there cook them well and lets face it its only like eatting in a pub or going to a partie if you are going to worry about eatting it though cook it your self at least you then now all is going to ok  ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi There

I work in environmental Health and carry out food hygiene inspections on all types of food businesses, including supermarkets. I have never known a problem with cooked chicken such as the ones which come from the hot counter.  All food businesses have to follow strict food hygiene guidelines and have to be able to prove that what they are doing to food is safe.  As long as the chicken has been cooked to a hot enough temperature for long enough to kill bacteria and then you eat it within 2 hours (if you are not keeping it hot at home and letting it cool down) then it should be safe to eat. 

Like PP said if you decide to cool the chicken then it is best to do it as quick as possible. 

Hope that helps

Amanda x

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I wouldn't have any worries about how it's cooked, you just need to make sure you store it properly and don't leave it hanging around.

Most food poisoning is actually caused in the home and not from catering establishments.

Chux xx

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I have eaten them during pg and am actually having one tonight (not a whole one to myslef you understand  ;D I shall give DH a bit too if he is good  ;D ) but I think you are right to not re-heat it, and even not eat it the next day maybe now I think of it, although I know I have eaten it the next day in a salad for work.....I shalln't eat leftovers tomorrow though now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts