Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I wondered if anyone out there could give me any advice? We are due to commence our second cycle of IVF at Liverpool Womens Hospital and I was told to start down reg drugs, day 23 of my cycle, on 21st Jan so assumed it was the same long cycle as the 1st time. Ive just recieved a message saying they are now doing a short cycle but I am clueless as to what that is and when it starts??Will I have to wait for another period before it starts?? Hope you can help,

Many thanks
Julesrules xx

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Hi Jules,

If its what I think then the short cycle is also known as the antagonist regime. Ive been on that for all my cycles

It starts on day 2 of your period, you'd go for a scan. Then on day 3 you'd start the injections, then i started another injection serveral days later to stop ovulation. After around 10-12 days when your eggs are ready, you'd have the trigger shot then EC 2 days after that

Its takes around 4 weeks from starting the injections to the end of the 2ww  :)

Thats how the hospital works where im at anyway. Best of luck to you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Kate xx

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kate,

thankyou so much for your reply,  I spoke to the centre this morning so it has all been explained - I like the sound of a short cycle, only down side I have to wait till my next period and I was mentally prepared to start this time, never mind, I dont really care so long as we still have the same chance for conception. Really appreciate you sending a reply  :)

Congratulations on your BFP ( a little late but i've only just rejoined  ;D )

Jules rules xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.