Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i am hoping someone can answer my question before tomorrow!  :eek:  sorry for the quick response needed but i have an appointment at the clinic tomorrow and need to make sure i understand the procedure  ???

a brief history... i am about to complain at my hospital as i believe they made a mistake on my ivf cycle (short protocol) - they didnt do one of the blood tests which i think monitor when i will ovulate so they can control my cycle before they do ec. i have the appointment to discuss it tomorow and am hoping they will give me a free cycle because of their mistake.

i have tried to be thorough with what i understand of the treatment and what went wrong - but what i think i need to know is what the blood test measures on the short protocol. i know it is linked with ovulation, and i am pretty sure that if they would have done the test i wouldnt have ovulated before ec and would therefore be on my 2ww now  :(

so if anyone can tell me what it measures and maybe how it measures it (eg is it a number? etc) it may just help me when i speak to the clinic.

as i said the appointment is tomorrow so i am just hoping someone sees this post on time!  ::)

thanks, manic xxx

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Hi Manic

I'm pretty sure they measure your Oestrodiol and LH levels during a Cetrotide protocol. I'm assuming that this is what you were on 'cos that's the standard at CARE Mcr.

The aim of the Cetrotide is to hold back your LH levels holding off ovulation- clearly in your case they didn't get you on this in time.

Good luck tomorrow and let us know how you get on. You should definitely push for a free or heavily subsidised go.

Sam

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hi Manic,

I did the short protocol and had a blood test where they measured my Oestrodiol level. I can't remember if they did my LH levels as well.

I think the higher the levels the closer you are to ovulation. My consultant used the results from the blood test to let me stim for a couple more days.

Good luck 2mo and in your future tx!

Surferchick xxx

·
Registered
448 Posts
I did a short protocol at Guy's and they didn't take any bloods at all! i know i asked but they said it wasn't necessary unless they thought i was overstimming. they just look at the eggs and go from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts