Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We have just been for our appointment for our treatment plan and we have been told we will be doing the short protcol way. Has any one had this before and if so what is the difference?

Thanks

Lisa x

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Lisa
Short protocols normally run in parallel with your usual cycle, so you're treatment will be much shorter and entail taking a lot less drugs than if you were going through a long protocol - which basically, shuts down your body and gives it a kick start again ..
Lucky girl hahahha
Wishing you all the very best
Sheila

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Lisa
Yep as Sheilaweb says it basically does what it says on the tin.  There is no need for down regulation so I guess the theory is that it is more natural and in line with your body's own rhythms.  Less drugs - less injections - yippee!

I have had both short and long protocol.  I think with the short protocol the hospital has to be a bit more organised to get you booked in for your first scan - it was drummed into me that as soon as my period started I had to get in touch to organise the baseline scan.  Then you start to inject a couple of days or so into that cycle and then eggs are collected that same cycle.  I seem to think I had more scans as the ovulation couldn't be as easily controlled - when you are ready to go you are ready to go!

Hope this helps

Rosalita x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.