Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Can anyone help me? I'm wondering what the difference is between these two and why some people are given one and some the other. Is there a higher sucess rate for one or other?
Would love some info if you could help.
Thank you  ^idiot^

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I dont generally think one works better than the other as such but can make a big difference depending on your problem.

I know my friend had the long protocol for the first cycle, and responded slow and didnt do that well, she was put on the short protocol the next time and it was a afr better cycle...and she got pregnant too...

Im sure someone can explain it better than me tho!!

Natsxx

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Orlando
I am on Short and have done Short before, so don't know much about the long protocol, but basically the difference, in my experience is, that the short protocol does not put you through the down reg first, it does it simultaneously so that you don't ovulate. It uses your natural cycle to kick start your stimulation. The Short protocol is usually more successful for older women with fsh problems.

Hope this helps. There is some information (if you can find it) on this site about how each one works, linked from the front page rather than the message board. Sorry I can't give you a link as I can't remember where it is !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.