Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi following a pelvic abscess recently after a failed ivf, my local hospital did quite a few ultrasounds, plus a ct and Mri.. ct showed my right tube may possibly be blocked and showing signs of hydrosalpinx. The following ultrasounds didnt show anything, so it's not conclusive.as yet. So i plan to have a lap to remove some endo i do know i have. The hosoital recommended removing my left.tube which is clipped due to an old hydrosalpinx, and checking the viability of the right one and removing if its also no good.

I was under the impression removing tubes compromises the blood supply to ovaries so ideally they should be clipped ? Doea anyone know...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, I had a hyrdosalpinx and was advised to have it removed before starting IVF. The fluid in the tube can prevent implantation.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
My tube was removed prior to IVF, as above, I was advised the fluid would cut our chances of success by about a third.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hi Leenaj

I had my hydros 'separated' from the uterus as I am allergic to nickel (which was in the clips). I was told by the consultant that removing the tubes can effect the blood supply to the ovaries which is why I went for separation rather than complete removal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts