Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to all this and wanted to know what side effects people have had on clomid?  Also I have see metmorfin (probably spelt incorrectly) mentioned on here a number of times, my doctor hasn't discussed this with me.  Can anyone tell me more?

thanks,

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
hi when

well the side affects i had while taking clomid is hot flushes a bloated feeling very small pain in the pelvis and abdomen and one of the other main side affects is becoming very emotion many ladies suffer from this one

i think the other pill your on about is metformin a method of inducing ovulation in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome  it has been found to facilitate ovulation in some women with PCOS. Some women might not ovulate after taking metformin but will be able to ovulate when taking metformin in combination with clomid

hope this helps a little
                                    love baby wisper

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi there
I'm in my 1st cycle of Clomid at the moment (half way through  ^2ww^ ) so I'm pretty new to it all too....  :)
The 1st day of taking Clomid I felt really sleepy & also kinda "vacant" (if you know what I mean ??? ), the 2nd day was most definitely the worst - terrible mood swings...one minute  ^furios^ ^tantrum^ , next minute  :'(  ^eyes^ & felt a bit  ^confused^ but I've been fine since then  ^afro^ ....although I must say that I could tell when I ovulated as had some lower back & upper leg/thigh ache & also strong twinges on my ovary (I had day 12 scan which showed 2 big follies on right ovary & also knew when I'd ovulate)....I'm now on day 21 & feeling bloated & keep needing to pee !!  From what I can gather these are all quite "usual" side effects of Clomid - some ladies don't get many at all & others do...we're all different afterall.  I was told that since I ovulate naturally anyway (taking Clomid to give me a "boost" as been ttc for 2 years) that this could be the reason ovulation on Clomid for me felt really "strong" & I could pretty much pinpoint the exact time.....

And don't forget....we're all here if you need to come here for advice, support or just some cyber  ^hugme^ - the ladies here have made me feel so welcome & have really helped me through my 1st month....

Oh yeah, meant to say, I was advised by some ladies on here to take the pills at bedtime as you sleep through most of the s/e - seemed to do the trick for me....

Anyway, I wish you loads of luck &  ^fairydust^
Hope to "speak" with you again...
Take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
hiya and welcome to Clomid  :)

I'n currently on cycle number 5 of clomid.  The first 3 didnt work for me (50mg) so now upto 100mg which shows I now ovulate  :)

Side effects vary from person to person, best thing is not to get to worked up about them and just see how you go.  I have some bloating whilst taking the tablets, ovary twinges at ovulation (which i like because I know when its happening) and mood swings from happy  :) to sad  :'( to angry  ^bigbad^ .  Its all worth it though if it works and our dream of having a baby comes true.

Good luck and looking forward to "speaking" to you soon x

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much guys for your replies, very helpful to me, expecially the tip to take before bed time.  It's all a bit daunting so was so pleased to come across this site.  Think I will have to warn hubby of all the side effects though, he may have to move out for a while if I turn into a  ^idiot^ ^bigbad^!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.