Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I just wondered if anyone has been signed off work by their G.P. for the duration of their cycle.

since my last cycle failed i have felt so stressed and i am trying to do everything possible to give the second go the best possible chance.

i am in the process of changing jobs to something less stressful but this will not happen before i start my next tx.

i have approached my G.P. about being signed off from when i start stimms but he was reluctant to do this, was saying stuff about having to go and see occ health at work etc, i'm really not bothered about this and will explain myself as and when i need to, my job is quite stressful and i feel i really don't need to be there during tx, problem is i only have 2 days annual leave left so taking holiday is not an option.

has anyone elses G.P. signed them off for IVF and did anyone come across problems with this?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
i was only signed off by the doc after ec as i was in pain alot of the time.you can sign yourself off sick for a week yourself through work.id do this when you sort of find out when youre havin ec

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
My GP is very flexible. I am a nurse and self referred myself to occ health and told them about my treatment but also am  on immunosuppressants.

My GP has always signed me off from EC to test day 2 1/2 weeks. This time I took holiday for the stimming and a weeks time owed I'd accumulated then my GP signed me off for 3 weeks test day and the devastation of the negative cycle.  I am at ARGC and need to go to the clinic once/twice a day for bloods/scans and colect drugs- one day I spent 7 1/2 hours at the clinic and visited it 4 times in one day and I could not have worked as well around this.

I found this the best approach and most relaxed way for this cycle.
Good luck
L x

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies

My G.P. said he will sign me off for 2ww and i think i will seif cert for a week when i know my dates for ec.

i'm just trying to find the best option for me, hopefully my time in work will goby quickly

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

For one of our cycles I got signed off for the ^2ww^

I would self cert if you can  :)

x x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts