Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Emily,

I needed some reassurance and advise re the pains that i have getting for the past 30 hrs or so.I am having tigtening of uterus which brings pains with them,they are lasting for less than 1 min and comes around every 5 mins/7 mins or so.There is no pattern to the regularity.These pains are localised in the rt lower abdomen and pain is also moving to the right thigh and leg.

I never had anything like this during this pergnancy,this is my first pregnancy and making me think if i am in early phase of labour?There are no other symptoms like leakage,secretions etc,...just pains which are at the moment tolerable.I have taken some paracetamol so far and was able to sleep for few hrs last night after this.

Would it be possible to predict how long it takes for me before i go into proper labour?Is there is average hrs/days that Drs/MW could give me ?I am hoping that all goes well in the end.

many thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

It sounds like your baby is trying to get into position for labour. However, this could mean that labour could start tomorrow, or you may need inducing in 5 weeks for being overdue. It doesn't have any relevance on labour starting, and doesn't sound like the early stages yet. Keep mobilising and it may help things along,

All the best,

Emilycaitlin xx

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Emily for replying back,it`s much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts