Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1499 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello  :)

Anyone else out there enjoying the Sims PC game? 

I know Marielou is, because we've already had a few chats about this  ;D 

I'm a complete Sims addict, and just love Sims 2.  Have just deleted the first Sims from my computer as it was slowing down my Sims 2 game.  Gutted deleting all those fab houses and families I'd lovingly spent hours over  :'(  But, they're gone now, and it's time to move on. 

I've only managed to build one house so far in Sims 2, and have just raised 2 babies - one adopted and one natural (amazing how fast they conceive huh  ??? ), and the adults are soon to become elders.  Think I'll cry when they die - my first Sims 2 creations  :'( :'(  The kids are great though, so looking forward to progressing with them  :)

Any tips on how to make money fast!  Really fancy trying a family with a money aspiration, but am useless at earning anything more than the standard rate and promotions - never get to the top level in the jobs.  Probably because I'm cr*p at the gaming side of it all, but just love building the houses  ;D  Any cheats out there for money making?

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi jayne

i too am a sims fan, luckily i havent managed to kil one of mine off yet (thanks to the life potion or whatever it's called) i haven't built a house from scratch yet just done major renovations on my existing house  ;D ;D

pam xx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Lmao @ Jayne.....can't belive you've started this thread ;D Its fab though.....even though you sound like my little brother used to with his friends when he was 11 ;) ;D

Good luck :) xxx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Oooooh I am so glad you started this Jayne!!

Now, I could go on forever! I'm playing in Pleasentville, and am slightly frusrated that Sim Marie has 4 children (including set of twins!) and now 2 grandchildren. Huh! Sim Marie is like my evil twin who gets all the goodies! ;D

I have a whole town now, almost full. Just waiting on some old 'uns to die ;D

Ok, Money aspiration ...

Press Ctrl + C + shift - a white bar will appear at the top. Type in Kaching (with capital K) and $1000 simoleons will appear!

I know one that will give $50,000 but I need to ask Mark about that one!

Sims addict
oops, Marie xx

ps- Jayne, thought you might like this -
ahem!

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amanda - :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Right, that's her sorted out - back to business ;D ;D

I'm playing Pleasantville too Marielou :) Fab cheat! Will try that on the weekend. Please do ask Mark about the 50,000 simoleon cheat - can you use it more than once ??? Got the cheat about anti aging from the manual - where you put "Aging off" in that white bar at the top. That worked well, whilst I saved for the babies! At the moment it's off as my adults only have 5 days until they become elders, and I need more doe first!

I suppose I could just buy a whole load of simoleon trees and keep picking the money off them ;D Only got one at the moment.

Pam - Have got that life juice - or whatever it's called - but am hardly ever in gold aspiration mode to risk using it ;D Sucked the skills out of grumpy old goth blokey from sims 1 (he keeps running into my house and trying to throttle my sims :mad: but the mean git only had a couple :( so that was a waste of time.

Gwen - Kick dh off star wars and get playing (after you've checked out FF first of course ;) ) ;D

Isn't smart milk fab! Wish I could have some of that in real life ;D

Marielou - You'll have to let me know what happens when one of them dies. I know in the first one - although I never let any of them die, just read it - that they get a grave which turns into ghosts at night, which is why it was important to keep the bedrooms upstairs, as ghosts didn't go upstairs. Wonder what'll happen in Sims 2 - bet there's a haunting of some kind. Did think about putting some in a swimming pool without a ladder and popping them off just to see what'd happen, but just can't bring myself to do it ::)

Love the banner ;D

Sorry for the disjointed post, but it's late, I'm tired, and all over excited that I have people to Sims chat with ;D

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Jayne - When the Sims die, the grim reaper appears, and takes them to heaven.    One of my guys that died, loads of girls came in Hula skirts and he ran off into the sunset with them!  ;D ;D 
If one of your pregnant women get really low on their needs, they will die.  If its before their time, one of the other sims can plead with the grim reaper to save them - and he does sometimes!  ;D 
Also, you get a grave, and sims can mourn there.  You get the ghosts come back at night, too  ;)

I'm going to go try that Life Juice thing!

Marie xx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear Sim expert Marielou ;D

Do they still go to heaven if they're grumpy meanies?

LMAO at the girls in the hula skirts coming to take them away ;D

Can't wait to play again now. Might have a go when I get home tonight.

Going to have my 2 crumblies die soon, just to see what happens, and can't wait to see the ghosts. It's one of the daughter's (who has a knowledge aspiration) wants to see a ghost, so I can only oblige ;D Can the ghosts harm the live sims?

Going to use the money cheat as well on a new family with money aspiration and build a mansion! ;D

Wish I could leave work now and go home and play ;D

Oh, just remembered, have you used that energy regenerator? How fab is that! Can stay up all night building skill points and still be fresh as a daisy for work the next day :)

Jayne x

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am soooo chuffed you have started this thread. My name is Leni and I am a Sims 2 addict! ;D I often write about it on my Blog

First I will tell you that the money cheat is CTRL C SHIFT and then type in Motherlode, this gets you the 50,000 Simoleans. You can use it over and over again. I couldn't play the game without it as I love building the houses and spend a fortune on them! ;)

I've created a few families, 2 sets of oldies, both very randy and into partner swapping..., and woohooing in public!!! ...it's hysterical. I've also created 2 other families, one has one son and the other has two sons. One of the sons has just moved out and one of his aspirations is to see a ghost too. Not sure what will happen when he does see a ghost though. That may be interesting. I've just started him on a criminal career too....evil laugh ;D

Have either of you managed to hold a successful party yet? I never have any luck with them. I was useless at it in the House Party Game too! Any tips? Energy regenerator???? Not used that yet, must give it a go.

Errrrmmm, I seem to have waffled on for hours. It's great to have other Sim addicts to chat to though :)

Leni x

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
I have all the houses and plots filled in Pleasentview now  :-[  I am such a sims freak!  ;D    I think I must have about 20 families now, but most of them are grown up children from my original sets. 

Leni - If your sims needs to see a ghost, go into one of the houses with a gravestone,  and get those people to invite the sim round, when its dark.  Should do the trick if you get them to stand outside!  ^evil^

I've had successful parties - make sure not too many people are there, and if its a marriage, get them married half way through.  Always make sure they cut a cake, or have the wine - and make sure that you have music playing, and get the sims that live in the house talking and dancing with people ALL THE TIME!    That usually does the trick. 

Jayne - The ghosts can actually scare a living sim to death! I don't know if they can hurt them, but I do know that it is possible for them to die of fright. 

I never usually use their rewards points, but have been using them like a demon today  ^evil^   

Have either of you had a set of twins born yet?  They are so hard - you SO need the energy regenerator then  :eek:  I wish I had known about that when I was struggling with a preg sim or twins!  :mad: 

Ok, I am a Sims Saddo. 

All hail the God of Sims.  ^bow^

^roflmao^ Marie xx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Leni - Welcome to the Sims Anonymous  ;D 

LMAO at the randy oldies woohoooing everywhere - took me ages to work out how to woohoo  :-[  They kept wanting it, but I couldn't get them to do it  ;D  Sure it was more fun for them anyway because they had to wait  ;D

Have had successful parties - just 2 though - one to invite the headmaster around, and got the kids into private school, and one as a birthday party.  Used the energy regenerator to keep all happy.  That thing is VERY addictive.  Other than that, just pretty much did what Marielou says. 

Marielou - Oh no!  Think I'll save before I let my Sim see a ghost then! 

I didn't have a set of twins, but I did adopt (because couldn't work out how to make a baby - must be all the years of real life not doing it the traditional way and so I've forgotten! - and just thought like in Sims 1 the offer would suddenly appear), so adopted the first baby with the aging cheat on, but then worked out how to woohoo and had another baby, but the adopted one was only 1 day older than the conceived one by the time I turned the aging back on - does that make sense?  ;D  Basically though, I had 2 babies with one being only 1 day older, so they may as well have been twins.  Started off using the nanny, but she got on my nerves as kept putting them to bed everytime I went to get smart milk, so ended up just using the energy regenerator to get the adults through the baby stage, and just used the nanny if I wanted to send them to work, or gain a few skill points.  I agree though - it's hard going!

Right, I'm going home from work now and tonight I'm going to create a couple of randy crumblies and then let them pop off and turn into ghosts, because I just HAVE to see what happens  ;D    Then afte that I'm going to cheat some serious money and build, build, build!  ;D

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, what can I say except THANK YOU for the simoleon cheat codes  ^afro^ 

Just had a fabby few hours building a mansion.  Didn't even get around to playing with the actual sims to kill any off and meet a ghost - but all in good time  ^evil^ 

Sooooo nice being able to just build whatever I wanted  :)  Thanks you  :) 

Best get some kip now I suppose  ;D

Night x

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Wow Jayne, a true sims freak fan, staying up till 1.30am to play! I salute you! ;D ;D

I am going to go and try that smart Milk on one of my toddlers in a bit - I can't believe I've never used the 'rewards' before! :eek: How dumb am I?!

Leni - My Elders got really randy too - they were forever in the hot tub, having some fun!! Randy buggers! ;D

My Cassandra Goth now has about 7 kids, I'm going to play with her family today, I'm going to use that reenergizer on her ;)

Have fun!
Marie xx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haven't played yet today, but going for a bath in a sec and then I'm going to create my money aspiration sims and build  ;D 

Tomorrow is officially sims day anyway, but I feel a late night coming on tonight again  ;D 

Anyone got anymore cheats? 

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, just realised that the Goth house has graves in the garden, so might play that house for a bit and see if I can spot a ghost or 2  :) 

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Hello all you Sims fans!!

My DP bought me Sims Deluxe for Xmas which is the original game with a few add ons I think. I am slowly getting the hang of it but it sounds really basic compared to Sims 2 from what you have all been saying??

I haven't bulldozed or built from scratch yet but have doubled the size of the house since I started. I am just playing with one family all the time (it was a same sex couple but one of them died in a fire even though I had a smoke alarm!). I adopted a baby but social services took it away. The next time I managed to keep it until it turned into a child but the adults were practically dead through exhaustion by then!!

As you get more experienced do you alternate playing with all the families in the different houses?

Hope to learn lots of tips from you on here! Are there are cheats on Sims Deluxe??

Nicky x 

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Nicky

I only caught onto the Sims around Christmas time and got Sims Deluxe and the Sims on Holiday add on (which I wasn't that impressed with).  Absolutely loved my Sims Deluxe game, but you're right, it's not a patch on Sims 2.  I got my Sims 2 off Ebay for a fraction of the price.  It's second hand, but works perfectly, and because the houses and stuff are stored on your PC as opposed to the disc then you don't end up playing with the previous owner's buildings. 

I don't know of any cheats for Sims 1, but it'd be fab if there was a money cheat like in 2.  I just built a fab Mansion worth about £2 million and haven't even got my sims a job yet  ;D

One tip about not letting the social worker take the baby away is to save your game before you get the baby and then if you do go wrong, you can exit the game without saving and hey presto, you still have the baby  :)  It is hard to get through those 3 days until they become children - in sims 2 you get an needs regenerator which makes it much easier - but I used to just let one miss work and stay home and take care of the baby - get a maid and let the house go to pot, sleep/eat when baby is asleep on a couch next to the baby's crib and near the kitchen and bathroom and just go for it.  The carer sim is usually pretty low on everything by the end of the 3 days - social contact particularly. 

Remember smoke alarms only cover 1 room at a time. 

You will probably get more adventurous as you get more experience with the game and start building from scratch, creating families, etc.  Having multi level buildings was always something I found tricky too, but again it's something you get a skill for playing after a while. 

Aaaaanyway, talking of Sims, I must get back to my Mansion  ;D  It's FAB!  Can't thank you enough for that Sims money cheat  :) 

Happy gaming  :)

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Ohhh I Love sims on the playstation2 but didnt know you could get it for the pc too!

Anyone know where i can get it?

Nicky x x x

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Hi Jayne

Thanks for all the tips!!

After seeing this thread I did a google search for Sims 1 cheats and found one for unlimited money ^clapping^. My widowed single mum and kid now have every gadget known to man and the nicest fully equipped house. Their moods have been better as they are so happy. Was a bit shocked when she took all her clothes off to get into her vibrating bed  ;D ;D ;D!!!

I saw on the news the other day that the Sims is the only PC game to have more female than male players - great for control freaks like me!!

Nicky  - DP got mine in Gamestation or Game, I think.

Nicky

1 - 20 of 1499 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.