Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls,

I have posted this elsewhere on the board, but got no response :-(, so sorry for the repeat (this is the last time I post this, promised!), but here is my post again - perhaps some of you might be able to help?

We are at our first IVF cycle, and despite being 32, my ovarian reserve is extremely low. However, we were sooo lucky to be able to get 5 fertilised eggs our of this cycle (on short protocol, max stimms).
By day 3, they were all grade 1 and 2, around 6-8 cells. Therefore, we took the risk and went to blasto.

By day 5, we only had one Early Blastocyst, which could not yet be graded. so we had that transfered. the following day, we were only left with 2 blastos, both grade 3, so we could not freeze any.

I have read that fresh grade 3 blastos have a very low chance of implantation, and I'm now wondering whether the blasto we had transfered was indeed a grade 3. The thing is, we just don't know, because it was still in its early development stage.

So can I ask if anybody has had a similar situation - with early stage blastos, and possibly with evidence of the rest of the batch not being great?

It's the 2ww...it's driving me a bit mad, I guess...
And the fact that my ovarian reserve is so low...I just cannot help thinking that my egg quality is not great...

Anyway, any stories would be much appreciated!
Thank you!
Giulia

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Hi Hun,

I didn't want to read and run but I did want to say keep the faith. I know its really hard but I know loads of women whose embies weren't anywhere near as good as yours e.g not dividing and put back on day 2 who went onto have lovely babies. i know this 2ww is totally insane but I am sending you huge amounts of strength and luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh Mac Cook, thank you so much for your message - I was starting to despair nobody had a clue what I was going on about ;-)
I know I'm very lucky to have made it to blasto, so I should relax, but it's so hard...I've not had a single symptom yet, and OTD is on Friday :-\
But am I dreaming, or is your signature saying you had POF, were on HRT and still managed to get 9 eggs, and a perfect son?!
So so...were you on HRT because of the POF? And and...you got pregnanti on your first attempt? You are amazing!!!
But I'm sure you know it already ;-)

Thank you again for your message
xxx
Giulia

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Giuila

The weekend before i tested i was so adament that it hadn't worked that I mucked out a yard full of horses. I thought i had no symptoms but when i look back i did but they were so similar to AF symptoms that i hadn't paid any notice (spots and veiny boobs) and tbh having been on HRT for years and years i was kinda used to loads of hormonal symptoms  ::)  So basically what I'm trying to say is don't give up hunny  :-*  Oh and yes I was diagnosed peri menopausal at 24 and went on the HRT when i was about 26 - it really helped to keep me sane  ;)  I then came off it before our IVF attempt...........and yes I know I am very lucky to have my miracle boy but as you can see it does happen  :)  I had a day 4 transfer which is quite unusual so mine embies were also just pre-blast (cant remember what they call it).

I will be keeping everything crossed for you  :-*

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
It's horrible when no one replies  ^hugme^

I can't speak from personal experience but my friend just gave birth to her IVF baby and that was from a fresh blastocyst :)

Dunno what grade it was, but i'd assume that that a lower grade blasto is better than a younger embryo of a better grade and loads of people get pregnant off those.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, ladies, it was OTD today and it was a negative :-(
It's still hard for me to let go, though, as AF has not arrived yet, and the nurse said I should keep on with the pessaries for another few days, just on the off chance.
I know it's sad, as it's already my 18th day after EC, and AF could be put off by the pessaries...but I guess I'll just have to bang my head on AF in order to believe it's over...
Anyway, my rational side keeps telling me we were soooo lucky to get to blasto stage, and it totally justifies another go, hopefully around March time!
Thank you so much for your posts, MacCook: you have such an inspiring story, it's very heartwarming and it makes me hope I might get there one day :)
And thank you Louise, for reminding me that blastos are great: I can only hope we'll make it to this stage next time, and beyond!
xxx
Giulia

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
giulia - Really sorry to hear your news hun  ^hugme^  Please have some well deserved glasses of vino over xmas and definitely don't give up hope  :-*  xxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts