Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home ;D

Who's first then ::)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Not fair.....my drugs knock me out and I keep falling asleep on the sofa!

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
...whereas I seem to have problems sleeping at the moment and often find myself up at 1am watching reruns of CSI  :)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Hi girls!!

Hope we are all well - Dottie and Roo (i know you've already gone roo!) - hope you have safe journey's out to Brno and all goes well with your treatments - it's lovely that you are both able to meet up while you are out there. Please keep us all updated as I am v excited for the pair of you!

Laura - hope you are OK today and you enjoy your weekend break in Derbyshire - enjoy that glass of wine and chats with your friend.  ^hugme^

I have come back from my consultation feeling very positive!!  :) Won't be having anymore IUI's - instead will be trying a cycle of IVF at my clinic this summer. The consultant suggested the antagonist type of IVF cycle which has less side effects and a shorter time using the stimming drugs. The current success rate for my age at the clinic is around 42% - much better than the 10-15% with the IUI's! They will hopefully be able to order in donor sperm from the Louis Hughes centre in London or I may be able to use one of the clinics donors. They are going to e mail me about this next week. Alternatively if the sperm is not available I will be able to have my EC and ET at a clinic in Alicante which the Wessex has links with for women using donor eggs. I will have all my scans etc at wessex and just go out to spain for 4/5 days for the actual proceedures. They have plenty of donor sperm at the Alicante Clinic.

So whatever happens I am all set to go this summer - cost in the region of 4-5k but it'll be worth it in the end! So all in all I am very pleased with my consultation and they didn't charge me for it - said that I could have it for free - bless em!!

off to a wedding reception tonight so going to have a couple of drinks before I get v healthy for the summer!!!!

Love to all
Katiexxx  ^hugme^

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi Everyone

I am getting soooooooooooo fed up of waiting for my period to start my 2nd cycle.  Am going to call clinic next week and they will give me some progestrone to start it.  I just feel that im not doing anything about getting pregnant, I was much better when I was injectiong as I was doing something about it.

Sorry to moan.

Lou hope Ellis is happy and well

Sam hope all is good with your 2 treasures.

lots of  ^hugme^  ^hugme^  ^hugme^ to you all and have a great bank holiday.

Chowy xx

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Katie - really glad your consultation went so well, those stats sound brilliant, now you've got something concrete to plan for you must be feeling really excited !

Chowy - hope your AF turns up soon, it must be so frustrating waiting!

Some1

xx

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Congrats Katie, that's sounding wonderfully positive! How exciting.

Roo & Dottie, hope you two are doing well. Very excited for you ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hope you have a chilled out weekend Laura.

Not much new from me except I've booked my flights & accommodation in Brno. I am a little bit excited as you can tell!

Love & hugs to all,
F xx

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Katie - wow you sound so much more  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ - I always feel better when I've made a definate decision about things and maybe that's the same for you!  Mind you...with those percentage odds I'd be a very happy bunny......us oldies don't fair quite so well on the stats but I am confident we are going to prove the stats wrong....starting with Roo and Dottie's Brno babs!  ^HappySperm^ ^HappySperm^ ^goodluck^

Felix - great you have booked Brno....when are you going?  Am thinking ahead and might be there myself depending what happens in next few weeks....

Chowy..... ^goodluck^ for getting AF and getting going again

Laura - enjoy Derbyshire.....heck you deserve some good wine and the company of old friends xxx

xDi

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Roo and Dottiep Hope all goes well in Cz-

Katie you sound very upbeat which is great- is you have DS in Alicante would you child be able to donor trace at 18, as Spanish law does not permit tracing? maybe something to consider if it is important to you.

Felix- it must be good to have plans in place- how is the FSH going?
Laura and Some1 take care.

Lou hope thatyou and Ellis have a good weekend- are you back at work yet?  Send Kimberely and Amelia my love if you are contacting her
L x

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I went to school in Bournemouth so have a nice time if you make it to the beach!! Hope the sun shines
L x

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Katie - good news!  All sounding v positive.  I wish the stats looked that good for old ladies like me!!

Well I've just about finished packing - desperately trying to keep to a small case but it's sooo hard  ::)    Still the forecast says 25 - 28 from tues onwards...maybe I can find a park to lie in ... sleep and sunbathe!
Am taking lap top so will keep in touch.

Ju - do let me know how you get on with clinic.

take care everyone - here's hoping both Roo & I come back with a little something extra!!

Dottie
xx

·
Registered
746 Posts
Good luck Dottie and Roo.

Just thought I'd mention, lots of people recommended the restaurant Brabander - apparently its fantastic.  We couldn't find it ::).

love
Suzie
xxxxx

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Hi Suzie

Yes I saw that on the Refrofit thread - have checked out their website & located it on the map...will let you know if I have more luck in reality! Hope all good with you.

X

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
^reiki^ ^reiki^ for extra cargo on the way back Dottie ~(& Roo).

Hope you're doing ok too Chowy and that you're having a chilled weekend Laura.

Dottie, an expanded 2ww diary of your trip would be great!
Wishing you lots of ^reiki^

F xx

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Lots of luck Dottie, have a safe journey x

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Greetings all from sunny Brno!

Had a scan at Reprofit thismorning & met Stepan so feel a bit more relaxed about everything. 
Had a bit of a wobble last night - suddenly asked myself what on earth I was doing on my own in a strange country about to have IVF using an unknown Czech guy's sperm....to make it more surreal, watching Eurovision on Czech tv!  I just wanted to get on the next plan home - Ju thanks for your texts! You helped me keep my sanity. Things always look better in daylight however!

I'm meeting up with Roo and a couple of girls from the Reprofit thread at some point today hopefully.

EC planned for tuesday at 7.45 - not much point going to bed given how poorly I'm sleeping at the moment anyway!

It's a lovely day here so will go & explore...

More later.

Enjoy the BH ladies!
dottie
xx

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Dottie, my, that does sound a surreal experience! It will be good to meet up with the others though I'm sure. You're certainly not missing out weatherwise here. As Ju says its pouring here - was raining all night. Hope you have a lovely chilled day. Think of that lovely little one(s!) you'll be bringing home. Please pass on my love & lots of luck to Roo too!

Love & hugs Felix xx

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Dottie - glad you got to Brno safely - was thinking about you yesterday. Very glad to hear that you have lovely sunshiney weather - it is terrible here, really grey and dismal!  :(

Hope you and Roo manage to meet up OK later - please pass on my best wishes to her.

Good luck to the pair of you! Keeping my fingers crossed for you both,

Love
Katiexx

1 - 20 of 381 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.