Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have been thinking about getting a single pushchair with a buggy board for my 19 month old twins. Neither of them like being in their pushchair anymore and it can be quite stressful going anywhere with them because they screech! Obviously they still have to be in a pushchair sometimes because they can't walk or be caiired everywhere so I thought this might be a solution. I also feel that it would be easier for me to manage a single pushchair with one hand when I do have them both out walking, especially if it is a 3 wheeled one.

Has anyone else tried this? Any bad or good experiences? Am I just creating another problem with them both wanting to stand or sit? Does anyone have any recommendations for pushchairs?

I would appreciate any advice. Many thanks,

Sal xx

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Sal,
I have recently done exactly this with my 21 month old twins as I was so fed up with pushing my double buggy around. I got a cheap o baby buggy and the smaller size buggy board. It's a really lightweight buugy and we had no problem fixing the buggy board to it. It's worked out that one of my boys loves the buggy board and manages really well with it while his brother prefers to sit in the buggy ( he is quite clumsy so didn't stay on the buggy board very well!) They also have the littlelife backpacks as they are not good at holding my hand so I can have them both walking and can push the buggy quite easily. I leave the buggy + buggy board at their nursery when I leave them in the morning and this is how my boys go out on their nursery walks each day.
My experience has definitely been a positive one
hope this helps,
lucy

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
I think it depends on the children. My DD1 was 19 months old when DD2 was born, and no way would she have managed on a buggy board.  In fact I tried it when she was just over 2 and she didn't even like it then, she wasn't sure about bumps on it ie kerbs etc she didn't feel safe.  I would personally say if you know someone who has one try it out first especially if you are going to have to buy both a single buggy and the buggy board. I don't know what kind of buggy board you would be looking at but I picked up at NCT sale the one they can sit on so it has 2 levels and found that really hard to push as you had to lean so far, it was soon replaced as DD1 got older with a bog standard one on our Maclaren and that would great.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your replies. Much appreciated.

I have a friend who has an old single buggy and buggy board so think I'll give it a go before we spend out on anything new. I had a look at the O Baby pushchairs and they look pretty good and not too expensive so if we do get one I think we'll go for one of those.

Thanks for your advice.

Sal x

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there,

Sorry to pester you again but I'm now going to get this sorted as I have borrowed my friends single buggy for a bit and this arrangement seems to work.

Snowpet - Which O Baby stroller do you have and do you mean the Lascal Mini Buggy Board? I was looking at the O Baby Atlas Circles and was hoping that it might fit the Lascal mini but I can only find info saying that the maxi one fits it. I wouldn't mind the bigger one but assumed that it would be a bit more difficult than the little one.

If anyone else has any other suggestions/recommendations they will be most gratefully recieved!

Many thanks,

Sal x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts