·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like we need a new page!!

Kylecat DIVF ^babycrawl^ - EDD ?

Orchidsage DIVF ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^congrats^ - EDD 08/04/2009

Tommie DIVF ^babycrawl^ ^congrats^ - EDD 22/03/2009

Some1 IUI ^babycrawl^ ^congrats^ - EDD ?

SuzieB DEIVF  ^babycrawl^ ^congrats^ - EDD 25/11/2008

Aweeze ^blueted^ - Ellis born 2/10/2007

Kimberley ^pinkted^ - Amelia born 5/08/2007

Going It Alone  ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^ Amelie & Elsbeth born 23/11/2006

^fairydust^ ^clapping^ ^fairydust^ ^clapping^

Love and hugs Felix xx

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Felix - thanks for setting this thread up! - feel a bit scared to start posting on here just yet though  ^scared^

Some1

xx

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to hear you're feeling a bit better today Some1. Fingers crossed for a bigger improvement tomorrow. When will you get a scan date?

F xx

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Got 7 week scan on Wed 11th June, so a while to wait -  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ I get that far!  Am being positive, but feel that my BFP is really fragile this early on  :-\ Must think  ^reiki^!

Some1

xx

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How's the MS going Suzie? Hope you're feeling lots better. When's your next scan by the way?

Some1, any symptoms yet?

Love & hugs, Felix xx

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Hello Felix

Thanks so much for asking about me  ^hugme^, I'm feeling a bit lost at the moment and having a down day today as worried that its not going to work out.  Have had period pain on and off throughout the day so keep rushing to the loo for a quick knicker check.  Nipples are a bit sore and feeling pretty tired so hoping I'm not in for bad news  ^pray^.  Am definitely hormonal as writing this is making me  :'( - just hope they are good hormones and not a bad sign.

Some1

xx

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^hugme^ ^hugme^ Some1, sorry you're feeling down and worried.  It's all too easy for the rest of us to think all we need is that BFP and we can relax.  I'm sure it's just growing pains that you're feeling.  I'm sure I remember someone else with a BFP reporting having AF type pulling in early pg while the embie bedded and snuggled in.  Lots of  ^reiki^  ^reiki^ and  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ for you.  Keep positive!  Not too long to that scan now & remember pregnant ladies are pretty hormonal too!

Felix xx

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Some1 - don't worry hun, all of what you have described are symptomatic of early pregnancy.

I think I worried constantly until I was about 22 weeks when I felt Ellis move for the first time and I finally allowed myself to believe that it was really happening. Even then, I didn't totally believe it until he was in my arms! My first words after he was born were "Oh my god, I've got a baby!".

I'm not going to tell you to relax because all the people in the world could have told me that and it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference. What Felix says is absolutely right - the bfp isn't when you relax. You think it would be the first scan but it isn't, because then you worry until the 12 week one, and then the 20 week one and so it goes on. Now I worry about other things... nothing can prepare you for how you feel when you get that much tried for and long awaited positive test. I think we all have so much emotion invested in our journey and it's only natural to worry.

Why do you say you are feeling a bit lost at the moment?

Lou
X

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Felix, Mini and Lou - thanks so much for your posts  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^.  I'm feeling much better today, really was under a dark cloud all day yesterday, but I think having a good cry really helped.

Lou - I've been felling lost because I'm kind of in no man's land at the moment.  I'm not ttc but I don't feel like it is safe to say I am pregnant either (and scared to post on any of the pregnancy threads in case I tempt fate).  Also feel bad about being down when I've got a precious BFP because I know how lucky I am to have got this far.

^Cuddle^

Some1

xx

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Glad you're feeling a little better Some1, as Lou says when you get your BFP you just trade in one set of worries for another

^hugme^ ^hugme^ not too long until your scan now which may help a little.#

Roo xx

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Some1 - don't feel bad about anything you feel!  We are all here to share anything you want to share with us.
I completely understand your worries - I'm not sure you ever stop - even when baby comes!!
Try to think positively - there's absolutely no reason things shouldn't be perfect for you.  Big hugs from Czech Republic!!

Dxx

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Roo, Dottie and Lou - thank you all for your lovely messages  ^Cuddle^

Only 12 days to wait til scan now and back to school on Monday so that will make the time go quicker.  Am on half term this week, and although it has been really nice to have a bit of a rest I think it has given me a bit too much thinking time!

Lou - I love hearing about Ellis, so please post anything you want to about him.  In fact, I'm sure we all love hearing about him.  I may not be able to be too helpful on the advice front though  ???  I'm sure the birthclubs would still welcome you in if you wanted to join - although, like you say, finding the time to keep up with the posts is another matter!!  Is it next week that you go back to work?  How are you feeling?  Friends of mine who have returned to work after having a baby have all said the reality is nowhere near as bad as they had imagined - I think the build up must be the worst bit.

Some1

xx

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Work definitely helps to get you through the waiting times.... I used to create tickers for waiting for my scans - that way, I could see the time to the next one drop as each day went by. ::)

I'm not worried about returning to work itself, just about leaving Ellis. Selfish reasons really - I just want don't want to miss out on any firsts - which seem to all be happening at once at the mo. I'm having terrible problems sorting out a childmider which is making the whole thing even more stressful. They just don't have spaces until September.  :mad:

The problem about posting once you have your bub is that whilst most people are happy to hear about baby things, there are a few, particularly those that have had a tough time, m/c's etc, that find such posts hard to read. I guess now that we have this thread, I can post on here and only people that want to read will do so. It is very hard though when you want to shout to the world that your baby has his first two teeth and you're all excited and no-one is interested.  ^eyes^

Lou
X

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Aaahhhh Lou I love to hear what Ellis is doing - he's such a scrumptious little boy, I'll keep looking on this thread for news. :)

Good luck in finding a child minder - pity I didn't live nearer !!

roo xx

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lou, so next week's the big week. Have you got your 2 childminders sorted out now?  I must admit that side of things worries me as I won't be able to afford to have too much unpaid mat leave off. I'm sure they'll both treasure gorgeous Ellis though and just think how wonderful it'll be to know you've got him to come home too!

Some1 good to hear you're feeling a bit better. It sounds like a good idea to have a ticker counting down to your next scan. I can only imagine what it must be like to be sitting around thinking and worrying about what your bodies doing. An evil variation on the 2ww paranoia. I think the same people who do the IVF relaxation tape also do one for pregnancy where you visualise all the nurturing & good growing your body & baby are doing. Might be an idea to order a copy?  The website is www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk. Hope that might help?

How are you doing Suzie? Good I hope! How's the bump progressing?

Love & hugs, Felix xx

/links

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Nope - one let me down and the other can't start until 1st of July :( all very stressful. Think i'll just hide him under the desk and keep passing rice cakes down ::). Don't know what I'm going to do to be honest. There is another one that I've found but I wasn't as keen on her - gut feeling I guess.

To get me through my mat leave, I took a 6 month mortgage holiday which made things a lot easier. With stashing a bit whilst I was pg, mat pay (basic) and working tax and child tax credits, I've managed to get by. Wish it could all last a bit longer but I've had 7 months with him so I guess I can't complain!

Lou
X

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Hey Lou.....please do keep posting about the lovely Ellis......for me hearing the baby tales really helps to keep me focussed on what I want.....particularly in the moments when I question if I really want it!!  Feel guilty for even typing that last bit but I spose when your frame of reference hasn't included a baby/child before it is really hard to imagine how it will be. Seeing people with their babies, hearing about them and playing 'auntie' every so often really helps me hold on to the dream.

Some1 - can totally see where you are coming from with the limbo land feelings!  I think we maybe get so wrapped up in actually making the decision to TTC and then it's all about getting a BFP.....adjusting to the next phase and milestones is part of it.  And I agree with what the others say about worries......my friends with children say that worries become part of it all day and every day but that is what makes it real....we all need someone to worry about (and not ourselves!!)

Suzie.....looking forward to hearing about your bump.!!!

..Di x

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just the one week to go now Some1! How are you feeling? Have you dared to buy a pregnancy mag yet ;)

Lou, how was your first day at work? Not too traumatic being away from the gorgeous Ellis I hope?

Kimberley, hope you and Amelia are doing ok?

Love & hugs, Felix xx

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Good luck Some1 for your first scan next week - pleased keep us all informed! Hope that you are feeling a little happier and relaxed now. I expect going back to work really helps, especially in a school where it is sooooo busy all the time!! ;D

Lou - any more news on the childminder? I thought I remember you saying your worked from home? How is the little one? I bet he's growing and growing each day! please keep us all informed about him - it was a shame I didn't get to cuddle him at the stratford meet - I think he was in quite a bit of demand!!  ;D

Love
katiexxx

1 - 20 of 295 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.