Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

since we seem to have an ever expanding group of twin mums/mums to be amongst our single community, it seemed like a good idea to have ourselves a little thread  :)

doesn't replace the other bumps/babes threads but here we can chat about all things twin related to our hearts content!

look forward to seeing others here soon  :)
Suitcase
x

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Great idea Suity, I hope that it gets used  :) .

I've just had a bedtime where I've had to fully utilise all my juggling and multitasking skills- a must for any single twin mummy. I'm going to go and recover (and shower and eat)  ;)

bingbong x

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, I guess we'll have to see if it gets used and if not, we can all continue to chat on the twins bumps/babes threads anyway  :)
but I just thought perhaps us singlies with twins might like a place we can talk about the challenges of being single and having 2 bubbas on board/to look after  :)

hope you get some time to shower, eat and recover before it's time for the next round of feeding....you are doing such a fab job, I only hope I do half as well when mine arrive

I'm starting to feel very nervous about next week now. Partly the actual induction itself, worried it won't work and I'll end up in hospital for days and then with a c-section (which I want to avoid as really don't want to be car-less for 4-6 weeks...long story but can't really rely on my mum to drive my car) and partly just the whole thing of giving birth and my life changing irrevocably overnight...
I have wanted this for so long, and of course I still want it....and this pregnancy has been so long and difficult and I do feel like it's time to get them out so I'm happy to have a date to aim for....BUT it just feels rather surreal and all a bit overwhelming
No doubt everyone feels like this before they give birth but it's kind of double weird because I have a date to go in and then they'll be here - not sure if I'm making sense, but just feeling a bit odd at the moment - prob not helped by terrible cold/sore throat and lack of sleep....

anyway, only 5 sleeps and I'll be off to the hospital - almost can't believe it!

Suitcase
x

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Think this is a great idea Twin mummies  :)

I think you are all pretty amazing, and Suity - I am sure you are going to be totally great.

Look forward to hearing all about double trouble/joy  ;)
xxx

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Well I'm showered and have eaten a bit so all good to go if need be  ;) . Normally I put my two to bed about 6pmish and they sleep until 11pmish or I wake them around 10pmish to do a dreamfeed, they then wake two more times generally in the night  ::) . Tonight though who knows, Topsy only took one and a half ounces at her 3pm feed and totally refused her before bed feed (while screaming horribly) so I expect that she'll wake up soon for food (or hope she does). Don't get put off by this anyone, Topsy has some health issues that make her scream at times  :( .

Suity I totally understand how you're feeling, I was so relieved once I had a date and looked forward to it but went through a period of wondering what I'd done, feeling quite scared about the future and unsure that I wanted my life to change, part of me didn't want them. That didn't last long and I think was just fear because of course I wanted them!! You've also had plenty of time to think about what could go wrong with being induced which will no doubt be playing on your mind, but I bet you haven't spent as much time thinking about what can go right  ;) . I do admire you for making the decision to be induced, as you know I felt quite relieved that Tim made the decision for me, and I so hope that all goes well but I know that whatever happens you will cope, and your mother may just change her mind about your car once her wonderful grandchildren are here.

Your life will change in an instant but it is such an amazing change and personally I don't miss my old life at all, and the moment when you see your boys will be one of the most amazing moments of your life. It's natural to be scared, one baby is scary but two even more so but you have lots of support and I know that you'll do great  ^hugme^ . I'm here for you if I can help in anyway at all.

bingbong x

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks BB  :)
no doubt I will be calling on your expertise and experience soon!

am sure all will be fine, just last minute 'stage fright' I think

this has been a long time coming and of course I'm mostly really excited and looking forward to meeting my boys...just need to get through the induction/birth part first  :)

hope you have a good night tonight, I've already forgotten what it feels like to get a good night's sleep....so at least I'll be ready when the babies arrive!

Suitcase
x

·
Super Moderator
2,506 Posts
Hi Ladies

I am going to lock this thread and encourage you to continue using the exisiting twin and more threads
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=152.0
and of course your own single ladies threads. The reason for this is a such a small group we dont want you split you any further than you already are with your waiting for a scan thread through to toddlers. FF is undergoing some revamping at the moment as we are trying to tidy up threads and keep all similar topics like twin chat in the one place.

Hope you understand the reason behind this

Sharry xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.