Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all  :)

Just wondered if anyone could recommend a good outer that is equivalent to size 5 or junior (6) nappies please?  I have some cotton bottoms that I used for a bit whilst A was young but have kind of lapsed into full time use of nature baby nappies instead  :-[  I have lots of liners and about 20 'nappies' but only have the wraps in size 2 and 3 so they no longer fit.  I thought I should go back to using them part time when I am at home and get myself in to practice for the new arrival.  Also, I thought they would help with making him more aware of when he was wet etc as they are not quite as good as disposables at moving the moisture away from the skin (thinking ahead to potty training next spring already!  ???  ;D)

Anyhow, to cut the waffle, I have just noticed on the TT site that they don't make Cotton Bottoms any more but I presume I can use what I have with any outer around it?  So can anyone recommend a good one that comes in a generous size as DS is already about the size of a 2 year old so need something to last until potty training commences ideally  :)  Thank you  :-*

Fluffs xxx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Fluffs I have cotton bottoms too for baby- luckily was given the full birth to potty pack so not going to have the same problem ^fingerscrossed^ but Bambino Mio are also prefold nappies so their wraps should work with them same principle. They do an XL which is 27-34lb would that be big enough?? after that it goes on to potty training pants
http://www.bambinomio.com/v06/prd/cov.cgi

thats the link to their wraps on their site but sure you could get them cheaper prob elsewhere. Can't beleive TT have stopped theirs too in a time where there is more and more push to use re-usable

/links

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Clare, will have a look now - he was around 29lb last time he was weighed so should only be 30 or so now so might give it a go...  How are you getting on with the cotton Bottoms?

Fluffs xxx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
i'm like you I got into using disposables all the time!  really should try like you to get used to them again with Isabel ready for baby but currently they sat filling 2 underbed storage boxes and thats it

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plan to mix use them, so on days when I am at home etc and after the first morning nappy probably so I will generally only get the wet ones to deal with - a bit chicken I know but until I get in to a routine then I am not going to pressure myself too much.  I figure that every time I use one I am saving a disposable going in to landfill so every one counts  :)  Hopefully by the time number two arrives I will be brave enough to use them on a newborn (well, once the initial messy poops are out of the way and the cord has healed etc)

Fluffs xxx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
I should try the same. Have 3 packs of newborn disposables to use so will use them and then move on to the re-usables.  Prob try with Isabel once I'm on mat leave or not going back off sick before mat leave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts