Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girls have never been good sleepers , as as i sit here at 4am for the 5th morning in a row ,with Florence while Mabel who has made it in to our bed again is still sleeping but has been up 3-4 times in the night ,in the end i gave in and gave her a bottle at 3am so i know she will sleep for a few hours now.

I just can not let them cry as it wakes the other one up , have thought of getting a night nanny in to sort us all out but really don't have the money £130 a night + agency fees, but saw a twin mum yesterday who says it was the only thing that got her twins to sleep through.

one takes a dummy other wont  ^bigbad^ one sleeps in nursery in a cot and other in a cot in our room bazaar we have a 5 bedroom house but with my step son having the other big room on our floor it would mean putting the girls on the top floor to get both cots in one room

its all a bit of a pickle

any one have a magic wand as i don t think i can't go on and i so hate to moan all the time about being tiered

·
Registered
10,028 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
HI Nico

not sure what i am gonna say will make you feel better or worse! Mine were awful sleepers and they only started going through the night at 9 and a half months i had enormous probs with them waking each other up and then all hell would break loose. neither would take water or dummies but both wanted feeding. i used to try for hours not to feed them but it would work if i feed them! I used to sit there at night with everyones advice going through my head esp the one where people would say they should not be having feeds in the night still. in the end i stuck with it and feed them but limited it to once a night( i also did not consider 5.30 night ;D)  i breast fed by the way so maybe thats why they needed a bit more throught he night (wanted more like)

they now sleep through (though they have a bug at the mo so bit wobbly ;D)

yours are still very young to be sleeping through and my doc who has got 12 year old twins told me that we had done well to get them sleeping through at this age so it made me feel much better

good luck it will get better if mine can do it anyones can ;D

keep strong, the thing that used to keep me going was the thought that whilst everyone else slept i was up with my two precious girls :)

lizzylou
xxxxxxxxxx

p.s it may feel not feel like it but am sure you do not need a night nanny and that you are doing a fab job yourself you will lok back in a few months time and think just how well you did!!

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Why not give them a bottle at some set time, so at least you get up just for that?

·
Registered
533 Posts
hello nico i have the same problem my twins are neraly s months boy and girl and have not slept the night yet and like yours they cry for a feed we had a managed to get a really good routin going 6 til 3 then 3 til 6 but the past few nights it's all gone wrong with last night being the worse they wanted feeding at 1130 then again at 4am and stayed awake till bout 5.30 but then sleep till 8, they are sharing a cot at mo as we have not had the room to put up the 2nd cot but we have now moved things around and the 2nd cot is going up today so hopefully thye'll settle better or rather not wake each other up so much. it is starting to stress me out that when pepole (sister) keeps saying they should be going through the night by now makes you feel as if your doing something wrong. a night nanny would not be even an opption for us and i have noone to help out as i don't live near any family friends have all got grown up children and all in work so it's just me to deal with them which i can when i get sleep but with little or no sleep i find it the hardest job in the world

allyson

·
Registered
609 Posts
i bet these people who keep saying "they should be going through the night by now" have not got twins!!!!!!!!!!

having two is sooooooooooooooo much harder esp at night!! dont get stressed out just keep telling yourself what a great job you are doing!! :) :) :) :) :) ^hugme^ ^hugme^

lizzy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hi

My two are nearly 5 months now and rarely sleep through the night.  The only way I can get them back to sleep is by taking them into bed with us.  Even when I feed them they still wont settle.  Im afraid that I just want some sleep now so they usually come into bed with us anytime between 2.30 and 4am each night.  Sorry no advice, just thought it might make you feel better to know that your not alone hun.  Ours are still sharing a cot in our room, Im thinking of transferring them to their own room in the next few weeks to see if it makes a difference.

Anna x

·
Registered
533 Posts
hello just a bit of an update chloe and elliot went into there own cots over the weekend and even thou they are not sleepin through i've given up on that, they do seem to be sleeping better, they go down at 6 then wake between 11.30 12.30 for a feed which i'm now reducing from 7oz to 5oz they then sleep till between 5.30 and 6.30 they have taken to there cot's great only thing is i now need 2 mobiles!!!!!!!!!!!!1 not sure if to get the same one again or something diffrent????

a question i've been meaning to ask how many of you have broken rules that you were so sure you would stick to b4 twins arrived ie no bed sharing no dummies i know for sure i've given up on everything lol

allyson xx

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh allyson  I have broken all the rule , i have the girls in the bed and one has a dummy the list is endless we are in the presses of getting the girls in to the same room , i have one in our bedroom and other in small room next door but can not fit 2 cots in that room so they are going up to the next floor . I'm glad your 2 are sleeping better.

I spoke to the twin lady at the MBF at queen charlots yesterday and she said to try to push to 4 hour feeds in the day , and to try to stay in a bit more in the day so they get more quality sleep in the day instead of napping in the push chair all day

I'm going to give it ago

i will up date you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts