Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my nearly 11 month old twins have started moving around the cot. he is happiest on his belly and she is happy on her side. i try and turn them over and they just go back - is it safe at this age?

any comments appreciated.

many thanks

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Try not to worry although I know it's easier said than done - by now they are strong enough to move themselves into a position where they can breath and I know both of mine liked to sleep on all fours with their bum in the air as soon as they could!!

Chux xx

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
My DS has slept on his front since he could roll on to it.

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
My neice still sleeps bum in the air and she's 4! It's sooooo cute.

Ellis has just started to sleep on his side or front. I kept rolling him back but he's just go right back again so I've given up. Sometimes he has his face down into the matress which scares the pants off me but if I move him, he just puts himslef back to where he wants to be.

Lou
X

·
Registered
502 Posts
My DS has also slept on his tum since he learnt how to roll over, at about 6 months or so.  I was really worried to and initially spent my nights turning him over onto his back again, which just woke him up out of frustration.  Tears all round, and not just from the baby.  Now I just make sure he goes down on his back and leave him to it.  He also does the bum in the air pose, which is just the cutest thing.  I also sleep on my front so I don't know if he gets it from me, although I don't stick my ass in the air.  Don't think it would look as cute as when DS does it! 

·
Registered
868 Posts
My 10 1/2 month old has just started turing in his sleep and in the morning he's in a right pickle with his legs dangline out the cot  ;D It might be time to buy a sleeping bag for him.

I turn him on to his side when I go to bed but he's often on his tum by morning.

I like the bum inthe air thing too. very cute.

FG

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
~ Chux ~ said:
I know both of mine liked to sleep on all fours with their bum in the air as soon as they could!!

It's SO cute when babies sleep like that! ^babycrawl^

:-*

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hi, My two both now adopt the Bum in the air approach  ;D

As Chux says once they're strong enough to move around, they're able to move into a position where they can breath normally.

Take Care

Love Becca xx

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I had the same worry, my little one sleeps on her front now aswell.
I go in a few times in the night to turn her back over, but she always  turns back again !!!

I also found that with that position, her Huggies nappys leak all over her vest, babygro and grobag, but the Sainsburys ones dont.
I'm sticking to Sainsburys nappys now.

S x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts