Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am wondering what is/was your babies sleep pattern at around 1 year? Ours is a bit all over the place at the mo  :-\

Thanks
Helen

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
hi

my 2 dropped their 2nd nap around this time so they slept 7-7 at night and then 11am - 1pm (at most) in the day, and still do. It took as good few months of mucking around to get to this though, tried to get them to sleep after lunch (like the rest of the world I thought) but no.

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
M does pretty much the same as mrsj's 2, give or take half and hour, and has been since around 12 months too. She never really got into a good "2 naps a day" routine due to us being out and about with J so her afternoon nap was always a snatched one in the car or pushchair which I think is why she was happier dropping that one.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Isabel still has to have 2 or grouchy!!  and can be 2 bigones but she only sleeps till 5am.  I've started cutting her morning one if we in in the afternoon if we going out then let her sleep at 9am

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Lola changed her routine at 1 year too. Must be a natural stage of development.

She used to have morning and afternoon naps, but then initially dropped the afternoon nap, which was hell at first because the afternoons were way too long before bedtime! But gradually, she's started lasting longer and longer in the mornings, and for the past month she now has her lunch, then sleeps in the afternoon.

Helen, I'm sure Alec will settle into a new routine in time. It's just a transition stage I reckon

Love Jo xx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Caspar goes to bed at 6pm, wakes 6.30am, short nap at 9am (30 mins) then down at 1 till 2.30 if Im lucky  :)

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Clare I found by shortening the 9am nap he wakes later in the morning, we used to have a 5 -5.30 waker too  :( Plus we just ignore him now until 6.15 at the earliest unless there is something really wrong obviously.

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
I now wake up her up after an hr as she would sleep longer but then do I need to wake her in the afternoon too as if we at home can go up to 3 hrs if I let her!!!  but if we out can manage on a little nap in the car!

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Personally, although I am no expert, far from it! I would let her sleep for a short time at 9 and then put her to bed after lunch and let her sleep for as long as she wants, but max of 2 hours. All children are different, but that is def what suits C.  :) I think lunchtime is a time when they naturally need to re charge their batteries

XXXXX

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
she normally goes down for a sleep any time between 1 and 2 for ages so may limit that and see what happens was 6am today!!
don't think it helps DH gets up at 5.30 anyway for work so she just seems to think its normal

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
yes its difficult isnt it Clare, Thats why we let Caspar get up at 6.15 as when Rich is at Brighton branch we have to get up early so I know caspar would wake when we get up. Dont mind 6.15 as gives us time for GMTV, coffee and books in bed!  :p

x

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
ps would she go down a little earlier than 1 if you limited her 9am nap? Would give her a little more sleep time at lunch if she say went down 12.30- 2.30

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
may have to make it 1 till 3 if she will as we go to baby group and that doesn't finish till 12 so wouldn't be able to get her down by 12.30 and have eaten.  Wil give it a try, can't today thou routine totally out!  I ahd to go to mw sh she decided not to sleep till 11am!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts