Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have managed to work myself up after a comment was made to me on friday, and was hoping if yet again you could offer me some of your reasurring words.

On friday I had my 16wk scan, I was 16wks 2days.  Before going into my appointment I was getting my bits off the back seat, when a very old gent reversed straight back and hit my car, the car door nudge me ever so slightly, no brusing, and the bit of ache was gone within minutes, I did'nt think anything of it, as it did not cause me any pain, the door hit me on the side of my abdomen.  I was more shook up and upset rather than anything else.  I mentioned it to the HCA as I was then late for my appointment, I did not think to mention it to the sonographer when having my scan, should I have done?, I was then told by the HCA to mention it to the consultant so it could be documented, which I did, and she thought all would be fine, and would do a clidehaur (sp) blood test, but felt anti D was not needed this time, had it 12wks after falling off a chair.  Then in the afternoon, they rang me back and I had to go in and have the Anti d, as advised by the haemotology dept, as apparently they don't run the clidehaur under 20wks, I was a little upset at having to have it again, as I thought it was un-necessary but went with the adivce given to me. 

My main question is had my babies bleed what stops them from bleeding? and should I have mentioned it to the sonographer so she could have checked the babies more carefully, it was a growth scan I had.  I have not had any pain or bleeding, and like I say I was dismissing it initally, but with them not doing the blood test, someone asked, how will you know if the babies have bleed and how do they stop bleeding.  I know they are well protected and I am guessing it takes more than a car door to upset them.

Sorry I have waffled so much.
Thank you in advance.
TQ.xxx

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi

you have answered your own question.

Your babies are very well protected and the anti-d will have been precautionary. Although you didn't mention it to the sonographer, if she'd seen any problems or anything to worry about, she would have mentioned it to the consultant. Also if the consultant was worried about it, she would have asked for you to be rescanned. Although not a good plan to have someone backing into you at anytime, nevermind when you are pregnant, your babies will be well protected.

Take care x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts