Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon Ruth

I wonder if you could help me.

On day 14 post EC I had a BFP with a hcg of 80.  I had this repeated 6 days later and it was 769.  As I understand this the doubling time equates to 44.1 hours.  I had the hcg remeasured today 3 days later and it's 1759, doubling time being 60.3 hours.  The Nurse wasn't too sure on the implications as she's only just had the results back when I phoned.  Obviously I'm fearing the worse.  Have read somewhere that doubling time increases as the hcg rises but only seen this in one source.  Do you know at what stage doubling time increases?  Do you have any other thoughts?  Presumably they will just advice me to go back for a check on Saturday.  You can be as frank as you like, I am a realist!

Much appreciated

Lolly

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
The level should double every 48-72 hours so you are within those limits and now the level is over 1000, I would push for a scan as you should be able to at least see a sac by now. I would say, so far so good!

Ruth

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for this Ruth. 

The clinic nurse called back and said they were happy it was within normal range afterall.  She had been confused, it's her first week back after maternity leave.  I'm booked in for a san 6w2d next Thursday so fingers crossed. 

We really do appreciate your commitment and enthusiasm here, you're a life saver, many thanks

Lolly X

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.