Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello maybe someone here can reassure me.....
I'm 20 weeks on Thurs and I still don't look prego....just a little heavier. It's my first pregnancy so I'm a little nervous...I also have placenta previa so now I'm worried something is really wrong. I have another week before my next scan and really hope everything is okay.
Anybody else?
Thanks!!
xxxA

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Alexine, don't worry hun, it is normal not to show at this stage especially in a first pregnancy when your stomach muscles are probably very good  :)  Placenta previa shouldn't have any effect on this either.  I am willing to bet money that by 28 weeks you will definitely look pregnant (I looked like I had just eaten all the pies until this point and then suddenly the bump was huge!!)  :)

Fluffs xxx

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah thanks Fluffs...I'm full of worry just now. The PP thing has really set me off as my mum lost baby at 7 months with the same condition...I'm finding that I am now worrying about everything...before the PP scan I was pretty chilled out. Anyway I pray all is okay with the baby and me next week!
Thanks again!
xxxA

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Alexine, please try not to worry hun  ^hugme^  Things have moved on a lot since your mum's loss (I'm guessing by your age that it was quite a few years ago?) - they didn't have proper ultrasound in those days and what they did have was nowhere near as good or accurate as it is today, so they can keep a much better eye on things like placenta position and cervix size/length now.  Presumably you have mentioned this to your consultant/midwife?  It's worth doing so and getting your concerns noted just for peace of mind.  At 20 weeks there is still plenty of time for the placenta to move upwards and out of the way and rather than worry, in my opinion, it is best to arm yourself with all the knowledge possible (warning signs of a problem and what to do whilst seeking medical assistance) - that way you will never need to use it  ;) ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Big hugs

Fluffs xxx

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
Alexine -  ^hugme^ ^hugme^  - there is always something to worry about isn't there?

I was barely showing at 20 weeks and I have twins on board - people kept saying they couldn't believe it was twins I was so small and that made me worry...

However in the last 2 weeks I've suddenly 'exploded' and you can't miss the bump now, and at my 24 wk scan today both twins were measuring right for the dates...
So do try not to worry too much about bump size - I'm sure yours will expand soon enough and you'll look back longingly

take care
Suitcase
x

·
Premium Member
5,306 Posts
Hi Alexine,

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Try not to worry, bump size is no indication of how healthy your baby is. Every woman is different, some show later than others and it seems quite common for your bump to suddenly put on a growth spurt out of the blue! I am 18 weeks pregnant now and have a tiny bump - I know it's there because it's my body, and people who know me comment on it. But people who don't know I'm pregnant wouldn't really notice it, probably just think I'm getting a bit chubby! At your scans, they will check how the baby is growing and that is the most important thing. Also try not to worry about the placenta praevia - as Fluffs says, they will keep a really close eye on things and monitor you and your baby carefully.

All the best for your scan,  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^
Carrie

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much girls for taking the time to reassure me.  ^hugme^ I've found this past couple weeks kind of hard but hopefully have some answers next week! ^pray^
Sending you all lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
xxxA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts