Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a review consultation on the 21st with Bourn Hall where our embryos are frozen from a successful IVF cycle in 2016. I am hoping to start a natural FET next month and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on whether an up to date smear test is nessesary for a FET? I have previous experience with Care Fertility who didn't even need an up to date smear text to start a cycle of IVF, so I was wondering what people's experience of the question being raised before a FET?
I know every clinic is different, but when I was at Bourn hall in 2016, I can't remember them even asking me for proof of having one at all?

Also (sorry for the long post!!) Did you have to have any HIV bloods or chlamydia screening repeated prior to FET? The receptionist at Bourn hall on the phone said that I wouldn't need anything repeating, but didn't say for 100%.

It's been around 6 years since they last saw me, so I'm wondering if anyone who waited a long time for their FET could share their experience of what the consultation was like, how quick the process was from consultation and most importantly what they needed to be up to date with. I'd hate to wait for the consultation and am ready to go ahead as soon as possible only to be told I'm missing something they need me to have done.

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi
I think it is mandatory for these tests to be repeated regularly (i think smear every 3 years and HIV/Hepatitis et. every year? Not sure about the time frame) because of HFEA requirements.
They are not taking long though. It’s just a blood tests and smear is really quick. Nothing to worry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts