Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, just wondering if there's a preferable time in your cycle to have a smear test while ttc?  i'm due one, but probably trying to put it off ...
thanks - t x

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Not sure if i can answer when the best time is when you are ttc during your cycle but i do know that my clinic would not go ahead with tx without all the blood screens and smears etc being up to date

Love Mini xx

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi

I was told mid cycle was the best time to have a smear test but i realise that this can affect ttc.

I had a smear in July which was inconclusive as they had not collected enough cells. I had to wait six weeks for result and then another couple of weeks before it was a good time to have another smear test. I am due to start tx in december and my smear result is not due back until the end of November. Just thought I would mention this as like you I put it off a few times because i didn't want to 'waste' a month. Now i realise how long the results take i would say it would be best to get it out of the way as soon as you can then you can just forget about it.

Hope this helps

FLH x

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi tanny

I  wouldn't have thought a smear test affects tx.. as far as I understand they take cells from the mouth of your cervix .. not the womb where it all happens.

Elly

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Sorry just to claify

my clinic would not do tx without an up to date smear test because if there is a problem it needs to be treated before fertilty treament otherwise any abnormal smear result will not be treated until after the baby was born assuming a pregnancy which is nine months , thats a long time to wait to treat an abnormal smear

Love Mini xx

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Tanny

I have just had a smear test last week.  The nurse was very adamant that she wouldn't do it if there were any chance of me being pg,  i was advised to go mid cycle but a couple of days before hand shouldn't be a problem, i have to wait 4 weeks for my result.

Good Luck
Emma

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi Tanny,
I had my last smear test while having fertility treatment,
I had it mid cycle and was told it will not effect my treatment or the smear test results.
Don't put it off hun.
^goodluck^
Love
Kia.x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts