Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the news this morning some fertility expert has announced that smoking seriously damages your chances of concieving through IVF, smoking just one cigarette a day adds 10 yrs to your fertility so a 20 year old smoker would have the same fertility as a 30 year old non smoker.... I smoke at the moment (will be giving up before treatment) but if this is true and I am 33 years old that would mean my fertility is the same as a 43 year old ....  :eek:
Dydie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Dydie,
Just to let you know i smoked all through my treatment and got a bfp on our first go! (as well as being overweight).We had lots of things against us but it still worked. I did try to give up before but was so stressed by it all that i started again. good luck to you in your treatment.

Pauline

·
Registered
174 Posts
Also if you quit your body starts recovering pretty quickly so I don't think the effects would be permanent. If you are worried you could try taking some anti-oxidants e.g. cup of green tea daily or vit E/vit C to help mop up the free radicals, which cause some of the bad side-effects of smoking. Don't worry too much, I think that if we worried over everything that the news hyped up we would end up not doing/eating/breathing anything!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.