Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Have you noticed you've sneezed a lot in your 2ww but have no cold symptoms or allergies?

• Yes, every day

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.8%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never heard of sneezing being an early pregnancy symptom but I have sneezed every day for past few days.  I have no allergies and as far as I know I don't have a cold coming. I only notice because everytime I sneeze i worry I'm going to dislodge the embies!! OR am I going  ^idiot^ on my 2ww?!

Jo x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

There's absolutely no way that sneezing would dislodge your embies so please stop worrying.

Your embies are microscopic and I remember on our first ever IVF, the nurse explaining that your womb is like a deflated womb and she held her palms together to show, saying that inside it's like a jam sandwich and not only is womb sticky but the embies are too....so they're not floating around, they're safe and secure.

Sneezing could just be a coincidence (do you get hayfever), it could be a reaction to some of the drugs...any number of reasons.  I know it's easier said than done but I'd try not to read too much into anything.....and just think of those embies snuggling in and making themselves comfortable for the 9 month duration.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
282 Posts
JOJO    Its funny you should mention sneezing. I am coming to the end of 2ww, OTD on Saturday, though have been testing and getting negatives. Not that I want to worry you, sorry.
But I noticed that I have been sneezing a lot as well. I have never had hayfever before and very rarely sneeze normally. I didnt want to mention it, cos I thought I was the only one and it seemed like a weird side effect. Maybe it is just a side effect of the drugs as minxy says.

TracyM

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I have terrible allergies & sneeze Very often & did do thru my 2ww with Miles as it was
around tree pollen time so I wouldnt worry about it doing any harm  :)

Katy, xxxxx

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I sneeze all the way through every tx! I've read that there is a connection between the lining of the nose and increased hormone levels! ^idiot^

·
Registered
161 Posts
I rarely sneeze (and I didn't last ICSI) but I'm 7 days into my 2ww and I've been sneezing like a trooper. even been waking up in the night with a double sneeze. (Always sends a spasm into my ovaries so I can understand totally why you're worried)

- OOOOHHHHH hope it's a positive sign and it means our embies are settling in and our bodies are happily adjusting in some way.  Finger crossed! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts