Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Just a bit of help needed

I have just had a call from clinic to tell me we are starting AGAIN !!!  ^reiki^

This time instead of Berserlin Injections I am going to be sniffing !??

She did say rthe name of the drug but I was so shocked to be starting again so soon I didn't write it down !!!  ???

Is there more then 1 drug to sniff (I think it begins with P) and what are the side effects !!

I am so happy  ;D not to be injecting - really struggled last time (I am such a wimp !!  ^eyes^)

Oh well hope someone can help !!!  ;)

Tahsja xx

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Tahsja!

Don't worry, the sniffing is ok and you'll be fine! ;D 
Don't know which one you will be on, mine is suprecur which is buserilin in sniffing form I think.  Not hard to do, although of course it has the same side effects, as you are going to go into a mini-menopause!  You do tend to get a nasty taste down the back of your throat from it which I guess you don't get with jabs!

good luck!
Debbie ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Hi

I have done both and personally prefer to inject as it is over with in 5 minutes whereas sniffing throughout the day was very disruptive. I got headaches on the nasal spray that I don't get on the injections (even though they are both Buserelin??).

You should find it fine to sniff but as Debbie says you do get a horrible taste as it trickles down your throat  - its good though as you know its gone in!! I use to pop mint in my mouth straight after sniffing. Also give your nose a good blow beforehand!!

Good luck

Nicky x 

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.