Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies,

I keep looking at the board and have looked at the huge FAQ, and am completely confused.

I have had 2 cycles of IVF and am building up to my third. Both cycles resulted in 10 eggs collected and 8 then 9 eggs fertilising. The first cycle I had a 2 day transfer and the second I had a day 3 transfer.

I had positive results on test day during both cycles. Unfortunately when I went for my scan I was told that there was. No sign of a sac and no stop using the pessaries. Between my test day and scan on the second cycle I did regular tests and after ten days the lines got lighter until It was negative a couple of days before the scan was booked.

We need ivf as my Fallopian tubes are blocked ( I had chlamydia  when I was younger). DH has had normal results.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. DH is not really keen on further tests and thinks it is bad luck as the consultant told us during our follow up.

Thanks for reading.

Charnelopie.
x

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
unfortunately, its always very hard to know whether you should test for immunes or not, as it could very well just be bad luck so far and you may get lucky next time - or there may be something that you haven't checked out that could be tweaked.  maybe go back to the FAQ and read the section under W for why, T for treating empirically and D for deciding?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Sorry for your losses Charnelopie.
no one could tell you the right answer but since you've asked for thoughts, I would be tempted to do immune tests. We waited for three BFNs to do so only to find high NK cells and a blood clotting mutation and of course with hindsight wish we'd explored after two. If I was actually getting pregnant I'd feel a step closer to success but would also probably be even keener to avoid the same result. It's a lot of money so I totally understand your dilemma - which we went through too. But it is less of an investment that the cost and going through of another cycle. Good luck deciding and with your next cycle.
gettina

·
Registered
959 Posts
i would do mimmune tests i understand the money but you wil be wasting a hell of alot more by paying for a cycle and  if it fails again -not knowing what is causing the failures. You dont say how old you are - if you are older it could be egg quality? even though you get good grade embryos doesnt mean it will results in BFP
good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.