Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I were lying on the sofa today nursing  particularly dreadful hangovers. We, or should I say the boys, were watching endless episodes of Fireman Sam in an attempt to keep them quiet (yes we are bad parents!) but it left us with some burning questions (pardon the pun)

1 What has happened to all the other residence of Pontypandy? Has Fireman Sam bored them to death over one too many dinner parties?
2 Where is Normal Price's Father, is he in fact Woolly the sheep. Was Dilly's so desperate that it was that or.... dare we say it.... Trevor?
3 Have Fireman Sam and Penny done it? There seems an air of sexual tension between them...
4 Why hasn't Normal Price been given an ASBO? If it weren't for him Trevor and Mike it would be a far quieter place to live with less strain being put on the emergency services at the expense of the tax payer!
5 How did Elvis ever manage to get through fire training when he is obviously useless? When Mike (see him again!) left a load of napkins on the cooker which then caught fire Elvis just stood there screaming 'call Fireman Sam!' Not the man to have around in a crisis...
6 Are Sarah and James THE most annoying, irritating little goody goodies in the universe?
7 Does Bronwen constantly smell of fish?
8 How can Nurse flood be on call 24/7 and attend every emergency in the Pontypandy area? Surely the woman needs a day off once in a while? Plus she's married to a total numpty who can't be left alone for 5 minutes without setting fire to something - poor woman!
9. Why doesn't someone just give Fireman Sam a good slap...? All he ever says is 'don't do this' and 'never do that', what a pain in the ^Booty^ he is!

So many questions...

Happy New Year everyone! ^hugme^  My New Year's Resolution is to get a life by the way  ;) ;D

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
Whilst I cant answer your questions, I did have one of my own - how come Pontypandy used to be just in the Valleys, but now it seems to be in the Valleys yet beside the sea? I watched an episode a couple of weeks ago and they were by the seaside  ^idiot^  - the same seems true of Greendale (postman pat) where a harbour has sprung up in the middle of the dales.... 

2.  I think Norman Prices father took one look at the mother when his beer goggles wore off an scarpered  ::)

Hope the hangover has gone!

·
Premium Member
3,699 Posts
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
All the other residents of pontypandy are normal people who don't need to call fire services ten times a day. We are only introduced to the idiots. We don't need to know the rest.
Fireman Sam is the only normal-ish looking male in Pontypandy. He's probably had his pick...including Penny and...wait for it...
Dillys!!!
I think Norman Price is the son of Fireman Sam. You just need to look at their hair colour to know! Plus Sam would never put up with all that [email protected] from Norman if he didn't actually HAVE to!
Elvis has his moments. He's a monumental idiot BUT has come through at times. He was probably having  a rare moment of brilliance when he passed his exams (either that or the other alternatives to join the brigade were Trevor or Mike and they just went for the lesser evil)
Sarah and James ARE annoying goody gooders BUT it's not their fault. Sam is their uncle (or possibly their dad...have you ever noticed how Bronwyn speaks to him?) so they've been trained under strict supervision from the moment of their birth.

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one with no life! I wonder whether Upsy Daisy and Iggle Piggle are at it in In The Night Garden!

Kay xxx

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
And why dont Trevor and Dillys just get it on  ;)

Why is Sams chin so big?

Station Officer Steele is almost as stupid as Elvis what does he do all day? sit around in his office waiting for an emergency to come out of printer so he can tear the paper off the printer.

What about the time the whole of Pontypandy was flooded and they had to all get into boats  ^idiot^

Yes Sarah, James and Norman have the most annoying voices ever.

DD loves it for some reason and no doubt DS will take a liking to it and I will have to endure it for years to come!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
^roflmao^  Brilliant thread!!

I am actually quite sick of seeing Fireman sam now, K would it have it all day (if I could stand it)  Norman is so annoying, and really should be in a young offenders after all the fires he's started

Have wondered why there is no one else in the villiage too  ^idiot^

Jane ~ I think Trevors playing a bit hard to get  ;D

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Omg! I've never watched it!!!! Sounds like I'm missing out on a whole new soap opera! I might ditch corrie and pick up on fireman sam!! :D

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BikerGirl said:
Fireman Sam is the only normal-ish looking male in Pontypandy. He's probably had his pick...including Penny and...wait for it...
Dillys!!!
I think Norman Price is the son of Fireman Sam. You just need to look at their hair colour to know! Plus Sam would never put up with all that [email protected] from Norman if he didn't actually HAVE to!
OMG I never thought of that! It's all so clear to me now... He must have had his beer goggles on that night... and he comes across as the pillar of society! Shame on him, he obviously has the morals of an alley cat :mad:

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jane1604 said:
And why dont Trevor and Dillys just get it on ;)
I feel the same, there's definitely something bubbling between them. But would you take on Norman Price as your step child? No wonder Trevor looks so terrified all the time! :eek:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Slinky This thread is ace  ;D

When i read your comment about watching endless episodes of fireman sam in an attempt at keeping then quite while you quietly die of a hangover, im sorry but i thats EXACTLY what happened at our house!!!!!!

I am going to a live show of FS in April, ( with the twins of course!), maybe ill ask them there who fathered that fire obsessed brat!!

Norman Price needs more than as ASBO he should be in Juvinile detention by now,
Fireman sam is Normans father im sure of it, look at the hair, and the nose, im telling you!!!

It could be Tom...............??!! "Flaming koala`s!!" I think Tom and Penny are getting it on.  ;)

Our surname is Price. the twins have already asked questions about if were related  ;D

But dont even get me started on Peppa pig, how many jobs does miss Rabbit have?? She drives the train, flies helecopters, fights fires, sells icecream, workes at the supermarket, sells christmas trees and is the dental assistant............ the list goes on and on...!!!

S
xx

·
Registered
662 Posts
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

Friends nephew (age 2) walking past cathedral on Christmas Eve, wooden cross outside with Jesus nailed to it.

Nephew - "Mummy, is that man stuck?"

Mummy " No darling, that's Jesus."

Nephew "Should we call Fireman Sam to get him down?"..........

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tissyblue said:
Friends nephew (age 2) walking past cathedral on Christmas Eve, wooden cross outside with Jesus nailed to it.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

On a similar note I was reading 'Duck in a Truck' to the boys the other night. For those of you who don't know it, it's about a stupid duck who comes off the road in his truck and then calls all his animal friends to pull him out, as you do. So I read the bit about him becoming stuck and said to the boys 'So what's he going to do?' Sam just looked at me like I was stupid and said 'call Fireman Sam!'

Ask a silly question...

In fact Sam is so obsessed with his namesake he had even started running like FS! What's worse is that it was the girls Nursery that pointed it out to me!! ::)

Sam is also ginger.... Oh God.... I hope they didn't get our sperm mixed up at the clinic! If he can father children willy nilly he may have tried to bump up his pitiful fireman's salary with sperm donation ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
omg you are all nuts  ;D ;D

I got all excited the other night when I saw the real Balamory on the programme 3 men in a boat  ;D  hubby thinks I've gone mad  ;)

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
tissyblue said:
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

I just burst something laughing ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
My God people,  did you never realise that Norman Price is Fireman Sam's lovechild?????!!

If you watch the early originals, Dilys is much more obviously 'on the edge' and probably a bit of a drinker....... and you can imagine her going through the male population of Pontypandy  ;)  Including, yes, the Saintly Fireman Sam

I've often wondered where all the other people are and how come if FS is so hot on fire prevention,  how come there are so many fires in Pontypandy?    It's a bit like the Midsomer Murders I guess, how come so many people get murdered in such a small place?

My DD got in the car today and sat there with her penguin and said "Norman Price Penguin! You little cheat!" (quote from 'Fun Run' episode)

A regular catch phrase in our house is Norman Price you little Rotter! all said in a Mandy-type voice

Hate the CGI version, it's just not right  :(

C x

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
I'm obviously missing something here.  When is he on, and which channel?

It's got to be better than the Archers - I can't see Fireman Sam falling off a roof...

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Mrs CW said:
My God people, did you never realise that Norman Price is Fireman Sam's lovechild?????!!
;D

I must admit, I was sat here jaw on the floor wondering how come so many people didn't realise it. These kiddie programmes are so full of subliminal naughtyness. ;)

C~x

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Essex Girl ~ He's normally on Cartoonito. I think weekends they go mad and have it on all day  ::)

Kyle will be doing something, then if he drops a toy or knocks something over its.... "Great Fires Of London"  with the accent in wih it too  ::)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.