Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi could anyone shed any light for me on 'soft IVF' only just heard of it.
Thanks Di

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

As far as I'm aware (and someone will correct me if I'm wrong) but "soft" IVF is where less stimulation is involved so you only produce a couple of follicles.....or it's on a natural cycle but instead of allowing natural ovulation, the egg is collected and fertilised with the sperm and put back, as with IVF.

There is an active running thread for ladies having Natural IVF...

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=131685.195

but also if you use the search tool you may find some more threads/posts discussing it....it's always a good place to start if you have any queries. :)

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hi Diazzy
I understood this to be like "Mild" IVF - where you use less drugs for stimulation, and produce maybe 7-8 follicles instead of 15-20. Create clinic offer it, and I've been trying to find out more about it myself. Let me know how you get on?
also, as Minxy says, you can do "natural" IVF which follows your natural cycle completely and just goes with the one egg. Success rates are lower for natural, but are comparable for mild vs "normal" ivf at create... but as I say, I'm still researching this one

^hugme^

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hello

I had a mild stimulation cycle and produced more eggs than a higher stimulated cycle.

For low resonders the low stimms are better because they don't overwork the ovaries.

Odette

1 - 5 of 5 Posts