Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,

I need to pick your brains!!!!  I'm exclusively breastfeeding and plan to until at least 6 months.  My dd is 13 weeks now and since 8 weeks we had her in a good bedtime routine (she was cosleeping up until then).  It started with a bath then after she was dressed DH would feed her a bottle of my expressed milk - this was to ensure she took a good amount of milk before bed and if she didn't I would dreamfeed her a little earlier than usual.  She would normally take between 7 and 10 ounces (she's gaining weight really well - was 13 lbs at 7 weeks!).  However, since she had her vaccines last friday she cries hysterically when DH tries to give her the bottle.  He's only managed to give it to her twice - the other times I had to offer the breast.  I assume she's looking for comfort which is fine by me but that was my only break in the day from her and DH is upset too about not being able to feed her.  My question is - does anyone have any suggestions on how to bring back the bottle of expressed milk?  I already stay out of sight for about 20 minutes beforehand so she doesn't want me.

Also, the 64 million dollar question, when did your breastfed baby start sleeping through the night?

Thank you !

·
Registered
999 Posts
On my mobile and it's painfull to reply, but couldn't read and run.
Have you tried a different bottle? The breast flow ones are supposed to be more like a breast. Other than that I can't offer any more advice as Kara only willingly took one bottle in her whole life.
As for sleeping through the night, all babies are different and like talking and crawling, sleeping through the night is a developmental milestone that all children meet at their own pace. Kara's always been a wakeful little one, she sleeps through about once a month, but then she knew all her colours by 15 months. Just remember this stage won't last forever and one day you'll miss those unhurried, uninterrupted night cuddles.
You're doing a great job. Keep up the work ^hugme^

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tracey!

Wow, am amazed that your LO knew all her colours by the time she was 15 months!  I know you're right about the sleeping through the night but I just can't help googling when do breastfed babies sleep through the night!  I always get the same answer... there's no answer!!

As for the bottles, I've ordered playtex dropins to see if they make a difference... I've read some good reviews.  We also tweaked her routine a little bit and DH sat on a different chair with the light on but she was having none of it... however as she got more and more drowsy she took about 3 oz (I had to feed her myself an hour later but it was a start!).  Lastnight she did even better again and took 5 oz awake so we're getting there again.

Thanks again for your reply - you gave me good advice when I was pregnant too and looking for some breastfeeding tips.

xx

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Babydreams I had a similar problem with my girls when they were ill, despite bottles being easier to feed from they both refused for about a week. They fed from me during this time, like you we carried on offering the bottle every evening and they gradually started taking it again. Glad she's started taking it again and that she starts sleeping longer at night for you soon  ^hugme^

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks PompeyD.  They are rascals aren't they... it's amazing how someone so tiny and new can be so stubborn and know what they want at such a young age!  Your girls are adorable... I used to read your diary when you were pregnant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts