Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Have had a quick look through and seen topics on nappy rash but not answered what I'm concerned about.
My 7 month old has had diarrhoea for two days - I think it is teething-related as she is eating well and happy in herself except for dribbling and hand-biting etc. Her bottom is sore, as you'd expect with 9 dirty nappies yesterday, but her 'bits' (in between her lips) are really red, sore and swollen. I have tried metanium cream and is working on her bottom but I am having real trouble getting to her 'bits' to wipe properly and put cream on. My question is : what cream should I be using there?? Some-one mentioned it could be thrush so should I get some canestan and try that too??

Sorry if this is a common query. But she screams every time I lie her down to change her and it upsets me so much that I am hurting her.

Emma

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hi Emma

Its definitely worth taking her to her GP. My GP always daid that if you tried with creams for more than 2-3 days then the area should be checked for thrush.

Morhulin cream is very good and available over the counter.

Re her bites...just pour warm water over the area.

Let me know how you get on

Jxxxx

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jeanette
happy to report that JJ is now fine. She continued to have diarrhoea for several days and I found out that a bug has been doing the rounds at nursery!!!! I used magic cream and metanium and now you can barely see where she was sore. Also this week she has put on 4 oz (after only 2oz over the previous 3 weeks!!!)
Many thanks for your reply!!
Emma

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.