Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should my 2 and 1/2 yr old still be having a night time bottle?

Very bad but we haven't attempted potty training yet  :-[  but was thinking that when we do is that going to effect things?

He has about 5 oz in the morning when he first gets up and on average about 10 oz at night just before bed. He has never been great at drinking milk during the day and doesn't eat cheese of any type so I'm worried he won't get enough calcium if we stop. Plus I don't think he'll be overly happy if it stops either lol.

Plus how much milk should he have at this age?

(just to add he is a fussy eater too so on a bad day at least I know he has something in stomach at bed time)

Thanks  :)

x

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hi Kiki,

I doubt this helps you, but, my 2 year old twins still have a night and morning bottle, they really enjoy it and they were not drinking much of their diluted squash during the day, so for me it was a way of definately getting some liquid into them, one of my twins is getting better with his other drinking, but still not enough for me to drop a bottle yet :-\  They tip the supposedly "non spill" bottle up and squeeze it onto my carpet, wooden cabinet etc; ::)

So for me, milk is a good and filling drink before bed and comforting. Dh and I have a milky drink before bed........ ;D

So you are not alone with what you are doing,  I am sure some will say to stop, but if your little one likes it...... ;)

Take care ^hugme^

Wendy K

P S I know friends with triplets and they were still not potty trained at just over 2/12 and were still having a bottle :)

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
My 2 1/2 year old twins have a night time bottle too and love it. Once I decide to potty train them (no way are they ready yet) I will reduce it down slowly and then stop it xx

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guy, just suddenly wondered if we were the only ones giving milk still.

It weird because after months of fighting him to drink his milk because of reflux he now loves it lol (well only his morning and night ones, doesn't really drink it if offered through the day)

x

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
My three all have a drink of milk in the morning and before bed still and the eldest will be 6 in a few months - why stop if they like it?

As for potty training, nothing bad about not attempting it yet! I am in the wait-until -they-are-ready camp and mine were older than yours, but they didn't need training as whatever needed to click, clicked and I've never cut down drinks, not even at bedtime. Like everything else, it'll happen when the time's right.

Chux xx

p.s. My dh very often has a glass of milk at bedtime and he's in his 40's. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
My DD was 3.5 when she stopped having morning and night milk and a bottle (shhh dont tell my HV) everyday. Now she usually has water or a milkshake in a cup.

So she doesnt have as much to drink as she used to and has been toilet trained since 2.5yrs but still wearing a pull-up at night and only had a few where it wasnt soaking wet. So bedtime drink doesnt seem to have an affect on her bedtime wee'ing.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I wish DS1 had kept his up for that long. He stopped wanting one at 14 months! We also didn't potty train until about 2 1/2 so don't think you have any worries. He has now been dry for nearly a year but are nowhere near dry nights and he doesn't have anything else to drink after dinner time. He just sleeps too long and too deeply!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts