Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Girls
So, after moaning about our SW the other day, she has now sent us details of two brothers and I'm not sure about something... their profile says that their SW wants to keep them together with their baby sister, but are suggesting that they could be split up if no suitable family comes forward. We love to be considered for the boys, but I feel terrible about splitting them up with their sister if we say 'yes' and now we're thinking "we COULD have 3, couldn't we?" The trouble is, we've only been approved for '1 or 2 children' (we always said we wanted 2, we both come from families with a brother or sister), but can we go back and say we'd like to be considered for 3 or is it too late now that we've been approved? We have the room. Our SW isn't the sort of person I can ask, as I feel it is an obvious question and that she'd roll her eyes at us just at the mere suggestion! I wondered if anyone else had been in this situation?
Many thanks in advance.
Love
E

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
hiya

i didnt want to read and run but i dont really know the answer as we are no where near your stage. sorry but good luck  ^hugme^

love camly x x

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
I would definately have ring your sw and have a word with them :) It may mean having to have panel change your status to 3 children but it is possible :)

x

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am under the impression that you could be in with a chance approved for 1-2 or not... not sure though. I think your SW would need to do some serious work before matching panel to make sure everyone was happy you could manage 3 littlies. But really I am not sure at all. We are lucky our SW is ace and I would ask her but not being from the same LA it probably isn't transferable info.

Didn't want to read and run though.

Good luck.

Shivster xx

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hi

From what we understand the age range and number you were approved for were recommendations only and that now you are 'approved to adopt'.  When we mentioned looking at 3 before our SW said she would have to write a short report for panel to change our approval but we wouldn't need to go.  In the end we didn't go with those children but it didn't sound too complicated as long as your SW is happy you can cope with 3.

If littlie sis wasn't here yet and you had the 2 boys, you would get  a call asking if you could take her in order to keep them together so I wouldn't think it would be a great difference doing it from the start.

Good luck
OT x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts