Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
2101 - 2120 of 2244 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
JessicaR1981 great news about your lining it will definitely thicken up before transfer.
My scan is now the 17th of September and possibly the 20th of September if the first scan shows the lining is not thick enough. I also have intralipids on the 15th of September. So I will need to be at the clinic a couple of times.
I got my protocol and the only thing I'm not sure about is why they want me to start calcichew on the day of embryo transfer. I know it's a calcium supplement but never heard of anyone being put on it for ivf before.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I've just done a bit of reading and think that the calcichew is because of the clexane. Never was I on it before when I was on clexane.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanks @vrw100 I think what’s also hanging over me is that if it doesn’t work there must be a further problem with me, we can’t just blame the embryos and say it’s been bad luck with them which is what i’ve been told until now. The thought of having to go through extra testing etc is just daunting and another thing to face in this journey. I’m sure you can all relate, you’ve all been there or are there right now xx
I totally understand where you're coming from and we have defo all been there. But keep this in mind; to date I have been though 16 donor egg embryos, albeit only 5 of those developed to transfer, yet only the last one worked. That was the very 1st embryo from a new donor. We know that the 1st 11 donor eggs were in fact defunct because they all died by day 3. Given that the 1st egg with donor 3 worked, it seems feasible that donor 2 eggs may also have been abnormal/unlucky. The eggs have so much to do with it and even young donors produce dodgy eggs. Chin up chica, keep your spirits lifted xx

·
Registered
121 Posts
Happy Friday everyone 😃

We got the go ahead! Lining was measuring 7.7mm yesterday so I have 2 more days of patches and Progynova to try hit the magic 8 before starting Progesterone on Saturday night. Fly out Wednesday v early and transfer booked for Thursday. I was so surprised as really felt like it was going to go wrong. All the beetroot juice, supplements, raspberry leaf tea, yoga, and heat pack weren’t for nothing. Now to start worrying about transfer haha.

@Love_Lucy dont panic yet it is very early for cramps. When is your OTD and will you test early again? I’m in two minds about testing this time after the chemical. Is it better to see two lines and have them taken away (as the chemical might give clues for the future) or is it better just not to know? Ugh it’s so hard. Wishing you all the luck.

@LJ79 hope you are doing ok in the last days of waiting. Going to watch the great north run on Sunday will be fun I would love to do that one but keep not signing up for runs in case I’m pregnant. I’m clearly deluded. You would think after 4.5 years I would learn.

@Bailey 77 when is your scan?

@Lola2021 thinking of you. Just think of every prod or poke one step closer to meeting your bubba. I hope you’re allowed Netflix to keep you entertained.
Yay, thats great news Jessica! Hope you have a safe journey and good luck with everything

·
Registered
426 Posts
Happy Friday everyone 😃

We got the go ahead! Lining was measuring 7.7mm yesterday so I have 2 more days of patches and Progynova to try hit the magic 8 before starting Progesterone on Saturday night. Fly out Wednesday v early and transfer booked for Thursday. I was so surprised as really felt like it was going to go wrong. All the beetroot juice, supplements, raspberry leaf tea, yoga, and heat pack weren’t for nothing. Now to start worrying about transfer haha.

@Love_Lucy dont panic yet it is very early for cramps. When is your OTD and will you test early again? I’m in two minds about testing this time after the chemical. Is it better to see two lines and have them taken away (as the chemical might give clues for the future) or is it better just not to know? Ugh it’s so hard. Wishing you all the luck.

@LJ79 hope you are doing ok in the last days of waiting. Going to watch the great north run on Sunday will be fun I would love to do that one but keep not signing up for runs in case I’m pregnant. I’m clearly deluded. You would think after 4.5 years I would learn.

@Bailey 77 when is your scan?

@Lola2021 thinking of you. Just think of every prod or poke one step closer to meeting your bubba. I hope you’re allowed Netflix to keep you entertained.
Fantastic news 😊
Safe journey...will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers xx

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thanks @vrw100 gosh what a journey!!

@JessicaR1981 great news on the lining, well done! It will certainly get thicker by transfer date. Are you planning on staying out there after transfer for a bit? Hopefully it’s a smooth trip for you and you bring home your baby!
Before transfer I thought i’d wait until blood test day this time rather than testing early but now that i’m here i’ve changed my mine. Not sure I can wait. I had the same thought process that I’d rather know for definite rather than getting a chemical, but at the same time it was almost nice know that it had tried but stopped progressing early rather than thinking the cycle had just completely failed. I have a hcg blood test booked for otd this time as well so I can get the outcome properly confirmed.

@Bailey 77 how are you feeling about your protocol this time? Have they made much adjustment compared to the last cycle?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Fantastic news 😊
Safe journey...will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers xx
Thank you lovely. Really hoping this trip will be more successful!

@Love_Lucy unfortunately we’re there and back in 3 nights this time as can’t take another long break in quick succession with work. Pretty tricky going as it is as we both have a lot on work wise at the min but sometimes you just have to put yourself first. Good that you’ve managed to get a beta HCG for OTD this time. It definitely gives a bit more certainty than a stick. Hope you don’t have to travel too far for it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
@vrw100 that’s a lot to go through. So pleased you finally got a sticky one. I was going to ask all you successful ladies how many transfers you had to go through to get to this point. Like you @Love_Lucy I’m scared there could be something else wrong if this one doesn’t work.

·
Registered
333 Posts
So I know it’s early but you guys know I have no patience when it comes to testing. Today is 5dp5dt and my FRER was stark white. I know what you’re all going to say about it being early but I feel like I just knew this cycle hadn’t worked, in the same way I knew when I had gotten pregnant. I don’t feel many symptoms but the biggest one for me is how low my cervix is. This is something i’d noticed just before the miscarriage so feel like it’s a tell tale sign with my body. I’ll obviously keep going until OTD which is Thurs and get the blood test to confirm it.

Feeling more confused rather than anything. 2 perfect embryos, 1 of which was hatching not taking in a perfect lining.

To answer your q @JessicaR1981 I had to go straight to DE after endometrial cysts destroyed my ovaries. My first ever transfer I got my BFP and have DD because of it. We froze 6 embryos from that cycle and that’s what we’re using to try for another. No.2 was a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks, No.3 was a chemical and now it’s looking like No.4 & 5 have failed. This is why i’m struggling as the donor managed to give us my dd, why would the others not work. I don’t feel like I can blame the embryos anymore xx

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry to hear this Lucy 🙁
Try to look after yourself this week. Have a little facial or a manicure or some small treat.
Im just wondering if it depends on whether the transfer was fresh v’s frozen, is this something that could alter success rates?
I’m currently pregnant with our 1st DE (fresh) but we have 4 frosties and this is something that plays on my mind. Perhaps the frosties get damaged during thawing 🤔

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sorry to read this @Love_Lucy it is so difficult to know why this hasn’t worked especially when the embryos and your lining are perfect but please be good to yourself, I know it’s hard not to beat yourself up and blame yourself but please don’t.

·
Registered
426 Posts
So I know it’s early but you guys know I have no patience when it comes to testing. Today is 5dp5dt and my FRER was stark white. I know what you’re all going to say about it being early but I feel like I just knew this cycle hadn’t worked, in the same way I knew when I had gotten pregnant. I don’t feel many symptoms but the biggest one for me is how low my cervix is. This is something i’d noticed just before the miscarriage so feel like it’s a tell tale sign with my body. I’ll obviously keep going until OTD which is Thurs and get the blood test to confirm it.

Feeling more confused rather than anything. 2 perfect embryos, 1 of which was hatching not taking in a perfect lining.

To answer your q @JessicaR1981 I had to go straight to DE after endometrial cysts destroyed my ovaries. My first ever transfer I got my BFP and have DD because of it. We froze 6 embryos from that cycle and that’s what we’re using to try for another. No.2 was a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks, No.3 was a chemical and now it’s looking like No.4 & 5 have failed. This is why i’m struggling as the donor managed to give us my dd, why would the others not work. I don’t feel like I can blame the embryos anymore xx
So sorry to hear this Love_Lucy. Please have hope as you never know your luck might change. Perhaps the 2nd embryo (not the one that was hatching) is a late implanter.

I hope you can try to do something nice for yourself this week. I know it's hard but it might be better to just wait until your OTD xx

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sorry to hear this Lucy 🙁
Try to look after yourself this week. Have a little facial or a manicure or some small treat.
Im just wondering if it depends on whether the transfer was fresh v’s frozen, is this something that could alter success rates?
I’m currently pregnant with our 1st DE (fresh) but we have 4 frosties and this is something that plays on my mind. Perhaps the frosties get damaged during thawing 🤔
Hi Lola2021 i hope you're doing well.
I don't think it really matters. I had a frozen embryo this cycle which I'm pregnant from but the previous cycle was a fresh one which failed but that's because I didn't receive treatment for my Immunes. IB only put me on Prednisolone.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Love_Lucy, I still think its way too soon to be sure but I also accept that you know your own body better than anyone. I'm really sorry that you're in this position. I know exactly how you feel because that is precisely what happened to me in September last year; a double transfer of 2 grade A embies and a perfect lining - BFN. Its so tough to accept and so tough to try and stop thinking about what might be wrong. I honestly think that in spite of all the positive markers, its still pretty much a lottery, because there is so so much of IVF that remains poorly understood. Keep the faith chica, even though its really really hard. You still have 1 egg left, you're with a brilliant clinic and you have the comfort of knowing that it has worked once already. Sending big hugs and try to keep some positivity going, even though I know your heart will be aching.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thanks for your messages ladies. It’s comforting knowing i’m not the only one having to go through this although i’m really sorry that we have all been here.

@Lola2021 i’ve wondered about fresh vs frozen as well. I know for some ladies it can make a difference although i’ve never understood why. I’ll be googling that all morning now, definitely something i’ll speak to the doctor about although for us I don’t think it will change the plan as we can’t afford another fresh cycle.

@vrw100 we have 2 embryos left frozen so it is comforting knowing we have at least another cycle left, we have to decide if you go all in or do them separately.

DH keeps telling me to not count us out yet but I’ll be very shocked after all this if things change xx

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thanks for your messages ladies. It’s comforting knowing i’m not the only one having to go through this although i’m really sorry that we have all been here.

@Lola2021 i’ve wondered about fresh vs frozen as well. I know for some ladies it can make a difference although i’ve never understood why. I’ll be googling that all morning now, definitely something i’ll speak to the doctor about although for us I don’t think it will change the plan as we can’t afford another fresh cycle.

@vrw100 we have 2 embryos left frozen so it is comforting knowing we have at least another cycle left, we have to decide if you go all in or do them separately.

DH keeps telling me to not count us out yet but I’ll be very shocked after all this if things change xx
I agree with your DH, you definitely should not be counting yourself out yet. Please please please don't take any more tests. It's only going to mess with your head xx

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi Lola2021 i hope you're doing well.
I don't think it really matters. I had a frozen embryo this cycle which I'm pregnant from but the previous cycle was a fresh one which failed but that's because I didn't receive treatment for my Immunes. IB only put me on Prednisolone.
Thanks Hope, its something that has been on my mind if we ever go for a sibling. Good to know 😊

·
Registered
423 Posts
@Lola2021 sorry to hear about the gestational diabetes as if hospital food wasn’t bad enough without a restricted diet. At least it’s not for long! I had one fresh and one frozen from this cycle and they both worked so as hope says there is no way of knowing.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Thinking of you today LJ79 especially when I saw the great North run on television. Xxx

2101 - 2120 of 2244 Posts